VWVortex.com - Production 2020 Porsche Taycan officially revealed in top-end Turbo and Turbo S guises
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Production 2020 Porsche Taycan officially revealed in top-end Turbo and Turbo S guises

Vehicles
      '17 BMW i3 BEV, '16 BMW i3 BEV, '13 FiST
      08-17-2020 08:37 AM #626
      Taycan 4S on 19s is efficient!

flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      MK7 GTI
      08-17-2020 11:27 AM #627
      Production car on the Nurburgring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2_4b107xY

4. Member
      09-01-2020 01:39 PM #628
      Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo has been delayed...

(Google translated)
      https://www.automobilwoche.de/articl...che-taycan-aus
      EXCLUSIVE - Due to the high demand for the e-car:
      400 Audi employees help out with the Porsche Taycan
      Due to the high demand for the Taycan electric car, Porsche can hardly keep up with production. Now there is reinforcement from the sister company Audi: 400 employees from Neckarsulm are moving to Zuffenhausen for two years to help out in the Taycan production.
      From Frank Johannsen

"400 employees from the Audi site in Neckarsulm are temporarily moving to Porsche in Zuffenhausen to support, among other things, the production of the fully electric Porsche Taycan," said an Audi spokesman for the Automobilwoche. The first have been there since June, with more to follow in the coming months. Among them are colleagues from all production areas: assembly, ...
      https://www.noticiasautomotivas.com....ajuda-da-audi/
      The Porsche Taycan is already a success within the German brand. With 40 thousand orders, the electric super sport has its production capacity compromised by the excess of orders.
      To get the job done and deliver within an acceptable timeframe, Porsche had to ask for help. Audi will transfer 400 employees provisionally from Neckarsulm to Zuffenhausen, in order to reinforce the Taycan production line.
      Porsche needs specialized labor and, given the speed Taycan has been selling, hiring and training does not seem feasible, as Audi has the necessary technical staff to carry out the production.
      The Stuttgart automaker itself had already hired 500 employees for the regular production of the Taycan, but they will not do the job. Porsche currently only manages to produce 150 copies of the electric sedan a day.
      It is reported that this volume is insufficient to meet demand, which should generate a new work shift. However, the plant does not operate in a traditional way.
      The process employed does not use a traditional assembly line, with a highly robotized part and a very manual part, something different from what Audi does in Neckarsulm.
      It is known that Audi wants to take this technique to the production of the e-tron GT, (...). Although the technique used is different, it apparently does not meet high volumes.
      Even so, Porsche is unlikely to change the process, although delays led to the postponement of the Taycan Cross Turismo to 2021. The brand is still studying other variants of the model, such as a coupe and convertible.
      (...)
      Last edited by sp_wh; 09-01-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      09-01-2020 11:38 PM #629
      There are an insane number of Taycans in Vancouver.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      2020 Civic Type R, 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
      09-02-2020 09:01 AM #630
      Finally saw one in the wild this week. It's okay. I still think the Model S is a better looking car. I've never been a huge fan of any of Porsche's 4 door designs though.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX, 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11), 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11), 2003 Jetta GLS 2.slow (good riddance), 2010 VW GTI, 2011 Toyota Camry, 2006 NC Miata

Vehicles
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      09-02-2020 09:04 AM #631
      Quote Originally Posted by dwagner88 View Post
      Finally saw one in the wild this week. It's okay. I still think the Model S is a better looking car. I've never been a huge fan of any of Porsche's 4 door designs though.
      Saw my first one a week or two ago (a Turbo S). The only thing that really stands out about the car is the massive brakes. Otherwise, it could be mistaken for a Panamera by the uninitiated. I don't think it looks bad, but it's not a super exciting design.

09-02-2020 09:44 AM #632
      Quote Originally Posted by sp_wh View Post
      Porsche needs to put up a tent so they can build more.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Trolls ignored: 9

09-12-2020 04:36 PM #633
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Vehicles
      1989 yuppie-mobile, 2011 ess4
      09-12-2020 06:19 PM #634

I think it’s a classic case of low trim/low excitement, highly optioned/high excitement.

I saw a gray Taycan with the Aero wheels on the road a few weeks ago. I was excited to spot it because I knew what it was. But really, it wasn’t a particularly visually arresting car. The optional Sport Design wheels, lowered with PASM, and an actual paint COLOR make a world of a difference in terms of the on-road presence/‘wow’ factor.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman | 2019 Golf R | 2015 Golf
      09-12-2020 07:57 PM #635
      My nearest dealer has a white 4S, I didn't like it at all. Seemedreally big to me, and the nose is bigger than the tail. Solid meh. Then a couple of days later I saw a black Turbo on the road, looked great rolling and I watched it for as long as I could, it looked really good. Perhaps it's one of those cars that needs to be black to hide the chunkiness of it, with bigger wheels helping to make it look smaller.

Compared to a Tesla though? No comparison, Teslas do nothing for me, the only one I think looks good is the Model3 Performance model but it's still a far cry from the Taycan in my eye.

09-12-2020 08:42 PM #636
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      that looks 10x better than stock.

Vehicles
      Mercedes A250 4Matic
      09-22-2020 12:20 PM #637
      The Taycan is the best-selling Porsche in Europe .

Vehicles
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      09-22-2020 12:24 PM #638
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      Wild. I wonder what is the average transaction price of it too. Must be higher than the cayenne but maybe in line with the 992?
      Slow Car Fast

Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      09-22-2020 12:36 PM #639

It looks very very good in person.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

09-22-2020 01:07 PM #640

How long before the Panamera is phased out?

Vehicles
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      09-22-2020 01:11 PM #641
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      How long before the Panamera is phased out?
      Interesting that the Cayenne sells more than double than the Macan (between its two variants).

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      09-22-2020 01:17 PM #642
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      that looks 10x better than stock.
      I guess if garish is your thing. I'm not into RWB or Liberty Walk style interpretations. Lamborghini is the brand in VAG portfolio that does lots of over-styling stock, though. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw an EV Lambo sedan based on this platform in the future if the sales stay steady based on how well the Urus does.

09-22-2020 05:13 PM #643
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      Interesting that the Cayenne sells more than double than the Macan (between its two variants).
      I'm really surprised to see that order. I was told in Canada last year it was:

Macan
      Cayenne
      Panamera
      Boxster/Cayman

But that was before the Cayenne Coupe and Taycan.
      1989 Jetta GLX 16V | 2001 VW GTI 1.8T | 2005 Porsche Boxster 2.7 | 2006 VW GTI 1.8T | 2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7 | 2014 Porsche 911 3.6 | 2017 VW Golf R 2.0T

Vehicles
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      09-22-2020 07:20 PM #644
      After that truckload I saw in Portugal last fall, and then *one* at the VW ERL facility 9 months ago, I finally saw my first one "on the road" here in the SF Bay Area, yesterday. Almost missed it, it looked generic enough -- thought it was a Panamera but something about the quad LED DRLs gave it away so I was able to get my phone out in time.

The Model S is long in the tooth, so it definitely looks dated. But if both the S and the Taycan came out at the same time as fresh designs, I think the S would be the winner, particularly if released in "refresh" guise rather than the original nose cone design.
      EDIT: from an exterior perspective, of course.

It's handsome enough, but definitely has some of the "duckbill" nose look that the 3 was mocked for. I don't think it's so much a bad design element as something you get used to.

Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

Vehicles
      E92 BMW M3 / 95B Porsche Macan GTS/ MK1 VW Cabriolet / '14 Royal Enfield CGT
      09-22-2020 11:16 PM #645
      Quote Originally Posted by DrivinAW8 View Post
      I think it’s a classic case of low trim/low excitement, highly optioned/high excitement.

I saw a gray Taycan with the Aero wheels on the road a few weeks ago. I was excited to spot it because I knew what it was. But really, it wasn’t a particularly visually arresting car. The optional Sport Design wheels, lowered with PASM, and an actual paint COLOR make a world of a difference in terms of the on-road presence/‘wow’ factor.
      Super-true.

I put my deposit down almost two years back, while it was still a concept. I saw one in person for the first time down at the Amelia Island Concours in Frozen Blue Metallic and knew that was the one, haha. I actually wanted to test drive before I put my spec in, and unfortunately...it was grey. The grey really just doesn't do it any justice.

22. Member
      09-23-2020 06:56 AM #646

Actually it seems as if the Cayenne is the best selling Porsche in Europe.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      Now: 2016 GTI PP Autobahn; Then: 2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      09-23-2020 09:21 AM #647
      I've seen a few in person - I love the futuristic pseudo-sound: super cool. We have a Porsche dealership down the street from my office and they've had a few on the lot. Porsche definitely struck the right design note between traditional and futuristic with the Taycan - immediately recognizable as a Porsche, and definitely unique.

Vehicles
      E92 BMW M3 / 95B Porsche Macan GTS/ MK1 VW Cabriolet / '14 Royal Enfield CGT
      10-02-2020 10:54 AM #648
      Well, my day was upended when my salesman sent me an email with just "your car is here", followed by these two pictures.

Going to pick it up tomorrow morning. And, as it's a few weeks ahead of schedule, calling in a favor to a friend to help me get the 240v nema hooked up in the garage with the quickness.

taycan 1 by Loys Jasone, on Flickr

taycan 2 by Loys Jasone, on Flickr

Vehicles
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      10-02-2020 11:40 AM #649
      Quote Originally Posted by Raek View Post
      Well, my day was upended when my salesman sent me an email with just "your car is here", followed by these two pictures.
      Whoa. This deserves it's own thread. Amazing color
      Slow Car Fast

26. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      10-02-2020 11:56 AM #650
      Most of the time I'm not a fan of cyan on a car, but this one, ever so slightly toned down, looks great on there!

I'd love to drive that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast