VWVortex.com - are you satisfied with your current car?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: are you satisfied with your current car?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman, 2018 Alltrack
      09-06-2019 07:25 PM #26
      Dieselstation - your MKVI looks awesome!

Myself, almost completely satisfied.

Cayman, sometimes I think it's stupid to own, I've got a bunch of money tied up in it and I don't drive it that much. If I ditched the car I could pay off my house, which would be the sensible thing to do... then I drive it. It's instant gratification, I love it soooooo much, simply excellence distilled into an automotive package. It's more than an object, it inspires me to be a better person. Immensely satisfied with it, love everything about it, it gives me joy just looking at it.

Alltrack, mostly satisfied. The downsides of this car are well documented, my sunroof leaked but now appears to be fixed, factory dampers are a joke and have poor body control, could really use the GTI engine. On the flip side, its practical, gets really good gas mileage, looks good, is AMAZBALLS in winter and has 3 pedals. I think I'm going to hold onto it for a while and will upgrade to Bilsteins when the factory shocks get a bit more worn, and perhaps add a piggy back performance booster. So 80% satisfied, but I don't think there is a car on sale that fits my use case better than the Alltrack does so I'll be happy with the 80% metric.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      15 GSW, 15 Passat Sport, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      09-06-2019 07:25 PM #27
      Yep. Absolutely love it. I put 140k on my MK6 2.5L Sportwagen and loved it. When the TDI's were re-released from dieselgate hold I knew what I had to do.

(In front of Stephen King's house in Bangor, ME.)

I have logged over 100k miles on the TDI since April 2017 and averaged about 44mpg all with a big smile on my face. No creaks, squeeks, rattles or leaks at this point. Just get in and drive and love every minute.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Arteon SEL Prem R-line
      09-06-2019 07:33 PM #28
      Absolutely satisfied with my latest car. Honestly, I've been satisfied with all my cars - I don't buy them unless I really liked them and tend to do a lot of test driving and cross shopping - and try to buy based on a very specific set of specs. This is one of only two cars I've had where I really stood my ground to get a color I wanted - most of the time, I've just settled for the usual black/silver that's always available. I am so much happier every time I see my car in a color I really wanted - plus knowing I got all the other specs I wanted (AWD, hatch/wagon, good 4 passenger space, at least 250HP, lots of kit). Even better is that it's a very low volume car, and the color is even lower volume than that, so the likelihood of passing another of the same car on the road is extremely low.

_____
      Justin

Vehicles
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      09-06-2019 07:38 PM #29
      ABSOLUTELY! I've only had it for two months (I bought it used), but I have very few complaints about it. Fast as hell, and I've been getting around 34 mpg on the highway ( 28 in mixed driving).

"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

Vehicles
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      09-06-2019 07:44 PM #30
      Yes, I stig dig all four...

But I plan to add one of these to the stable in the near future. The urge is strong.

Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      Yep, when I see andlf as the thread starter, it's a mandatory click now.
      G stands for GRENADE, 60 stands for what the tach says when it happens!.."Here"

09-06-2019 07:56 PM #31
      Nope. Not really at all. The interior is phenomenal and its very quick, but it's too sterile for me. I wish I could like it, but it's just too refined. It's like a surgeon's scalpel and I want a sledgehammer.

Vehicles
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      09-06-2019 07:59 PM #32
      I do love my current/first truck. Great to drive in the cold months here too. Still, I sometimes wonder if a GX or DD SRT could do the same...but probably not without the bed. I have a trailer, but it wouldn't be the same. Getting the itch to get a car again too...I'll be in the market in 15 months...Giulia QV/CTS-V/RS3?

Wife's 3 GT hasn't disappointed. But also looking forward to a V60, TourX, or Stinger as a replacement.
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32 DeepBluePerleffekt (B5R)
      09-06-2019 08:11 PM #33
      Yes. about as satisfied as I'm going to be with a sport hatchback. good power,good handling,great gearbox/close ratio 6 speed stick,no unnecessary techno BS.no complaints... other than the cost of maintenance and fuel,lol.

I do get a kick out of the occasional compliments from other commuters who have no idea what an R32 Golf is.I find a lot of Scooby STI drivers give me a every so often (I wave back)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/522806...posted-public/
      Last edited by gruppe-b; 09-06-2019 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added bad photo
      I my R32
      it's the best VW evar!
      Mind-Blowing List of Mods: Dark Charcoal tinted front side markers & blinkers.Fifteen52 Chicanes w/ Conti DWS tires.Powerflex+Koni FSD shocks w/ OEM US R32 springs.EBC Redstuff pads w/StopTech drilled discs.Gloss Black painted stock front grille & mirror caps.

Vehicles
      Group B WRC, Group A DTM, and BHRC Cat 3.
      09-06-2019 08:14 PM #34
      Absolutely 100% satisfied.
      They will never be sold.
      If you have a 5 cylinder, you don't need a stereo.

What is a Homologation car you ask?
      http://www.fia.com/list-previously-homologated-cars

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      09-06-2019 08:19 PM #35
      Heck yes.
      starting with the fun car, my e36 M3 that I acquired a few weeks ago. It is as good as I remember them being fifteen years ago when I spent time ripping through the valleys of central California. So precise, solid, and fairly quick. Just an absolute joy to drive. Here it is today just before dutifully doing its job taking my wife, daughter and I to the local ice cream stand.

As for the family hauler, it too is superb. Boring, but dependable, capable, efficient and a revelation as a family car as compared to my former 4Runner. It is perfect as a daily driver and family beater. This pic is from last winter.

Both of the above are green with grey interiors.

My motorcycle is equally as superb at its job, but it isn't a car, so I'll leave it out.

Vehicles
      Falschwagen
      09-06-2019 08:25 PM #36
      mk7 GTI, love it on some days, hate it on some days...lousy clutch (heavy traffic on daily commute doesn't help here), not very comfortable.
      But I know the moment I sell it I would miss it..

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTI
      09-06-2019 08:26 PM #37
      2007 GTI, 4 doors, 3 pedals.

While it was stock...
      - Very smooth engine; couldn't care if it doesn't have overlapping power strokes
      - Ride-to-handling ratio was great for how well it handled. Any upgrade would have compromised ride a lot more than made meaningful gains in handling
      - Fairly economical. 29 MPG, paid off

Dislikes:
      - steering isn't as sharp as the BRZ
      - still a 60/40 front biased car
      - Would have liked the pedals to be a little farther and the steering wheel to tilt further down. The GF drives a 2013 328i and the driving position on that is great, if not more adjustable than that of the GTI.

Now that it's been modded...
      - Still everything above. Engine is still very smooth even with stiffer mounts and the Stage 2 daily clutch. Smoother than my 2016 Mazda3 that's for sure. It only feels jerky at 1st and 2nd gear when I let go of the throttle suddenly
      - Instead of a comfortable car that handles well, it's a great handling car that's daily-able.

14. 09-06-2019 08:43 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      FiST full of dollars, love the car still. Agile, I had to avoid a truck tire tread today on the freeway in packed traffic and it zigged and zagged on rails, this car is a ninja. Quick when spooled up makes it easy to pass traffic and it's blast in the curves, it will hang with the best of them. The color, the matching Recaros, manual of course, the punchy motor, great brakes and grip, over 30 mpg average and cheap to buy and maintain:
      Same. I'm at 39k in a 2016, tuned for E30. I loved fantasizing about what my next car would be until I got this one, it's perfect for what I need a car to do right now. I do think about bigger turbos and different wheels and things like that, but haven't really thought much about owning a different car.

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-06-2019 08:47 PM #39
      I am now into year five of my car; about the time I get the “itch” for something new. Two things are stopping me:
      1) The wife is about to start her own firm and asked me to hold off.
      2) I can’t think of anything else I’d rather own.
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

Vehicles
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      09-06-2019 09:02 PM #40
      I bought the STI 3 years ago, and it has served me well. It was an “upgrade” from my mazdaspeed Miata because my son was about to be born. Now he has a sister, and the car works great hauling the family around. When needed, it makes a great track day/ Auto X car. It had not needed anything other than regular fluid changes and a set of pads for track days.

As far as family-friendly cars that can be used for shenanigans, the list is short - and this one does the job well. Only other cars I sometimes lust after are the M3 and Chevy SS.

I’m not satisfied with the Alfa because it’s been in the paint shop for almost a year!

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R LB ____________ 2018 Tiguan SEL PW ____________ 2019 Jetta S PW
      09-06-2019 09:11 PM #41
      MK7 Golf R - yep. does everything i would want a fun car to do and ticks all my personal boxes.

Mk7 Jetta S - yep. solid commuter car. comfortable, good stereo, great gas mileage, 6 speed makes the lack of power still fun.

MK2 Tiguan SEL - yep. excellent family car and will perform the upcoming mommy/daddy/baby duties quite well. i honestly love the new Tiguan, looks great, interior is great, and does everything well. glad we picked it over the Atlas for our family-mobile.

1+3+3=7

18. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Vehicles
      GTI Sport 6M
      09-06-2019 09:23 PM #42
      2017 GTI Sport. Most days I'm bored by driving different versions of the same car for so long. I'd have to spend significantly more for a fun replacement.

The plus side is it's fun as hell when I do drive it aggressively. And it has been rock solid reliable.

Vehicles
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      09-06-2019 09:38 PM #43
      Yep, I like all my current rides. But always looking to acquire more.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Vehicles
      2018 M3, 1998 M3 Convertible, 2009 GTI
      09-06-2019 09:40 PM #44
      It took a few months, but I've grown to love this thing. The power is great, it handles, it is well put together.

The GTI Rabbit on the other hand, has been a POS. Problems since 600 miles, being lemoned as I type. Too bad, because it is a fun car. Oh, and the 7 speed DQ381 feels like a CVT. Garbage.

Bought the 1998 M3 to replace the S2000 I sold. Yeah, despite being fairly mint, its nowhere near as fun. Its on craigslist. Another S2000 incoming as soon as it sells.

Vehicles
      12' CTS-V, 03' Mazda Ranger
      09-06-2019 09:42 PM #45
      Yes and no.
      I love the CTS-V...but mine has been having a couple issues that nag the hell out of me, I should have gone for one with slightly less mileage I suppose. But it is fun as hell to drive.
      The past vehicles.
      93' Camaro-Sold, 87' Cabriolet-Sold, 87' Scirocco 16v-Sold, 85' Scirocco 8v-dead, 13' Jetta-dead, 87' Scirocco 16v-dead ,99' Acura TL-Sold, 80' Scirocco, DERPKOTA!, 13' WRX
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Hell, you know those ancient cave paintings in France? I betcha those animals were really half the size that the hack scribbler drew.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      09-06-2019 09:50 PM #46
      Sure, the m3 and srt are great. The tucson is perfect for what it is. The corrado? I'm hopefully getting that back into fighting shape soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

23. Member
      Vehicles
      Out of Warranty BMWs
      09-06-2019 10:04 PM #47
      Satisfied? Absolutely. Settled? Never

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      09-06-2019 10:06 PM #48
      Love my 2019 Tiguan SEL-P R Line. Got it mid December and already put 15K on it. Great daily driver, family vehicle and thoroughly impressed by the fuel economy. Really enjoy the customizations that one can make and I’ve made a lot of them.

Sent while on the run

25. Member
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      09-06-2019 10:58 PM #49
      Yes.

Vehicles
      98 M3, 2000 323it
      09-06-2019 11:00 PM #50
      Very satisfied. I drive for no reason, often.
      DSC_0081 by Chris West, on Flickr
      98 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 106k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 160k and officially boring

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast