VWVortex.com - are you satisfied with your current car?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: are you satisfied with your current car?

1. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-07-2019 10:42 PM #101
      I love my 2004 325i.

It's by no means fast, but the way it drives is wonderful. It's a very well balanced car, steering is fantastic, brakes are a great match for the power and weight, and it's splendid in the corners. If you're willing to keep speed and drive with momentum you can really surprise the hell out of others, it's acceleration where it lacks.

I'll be getting it back in a few days minus the rust on rear right fender and the dent/rust on front right fender. Can't wait.

DSC00068 by efrie004, on Flickr
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      RS3
      09-07-2019 10:46 PM #102
      Can't remember if I've posted here before but abso-effin-lutely. Hands down best vehicle owned to date. It has great acceleration, deceleration, sounds awesome, perfect size amd looks amazing. Handles the elements with ease. Can't wait for snow.

Sent from my mobile office.
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T | '18 RS3 2.5T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

Vehicles
      2019 GTI Rabbit DSG, 1992 Corrado SLC
      09-07-2019 11:02 PM #103

Corrado: Yes, absolutely 100% yes. It's tucked away for now, but I intend to keep it for the foreseeable future and in time will get some sort of restoration. Breakdowns and broken parts are always frustrating, but this car has never failed to put a smile on my face when I'm behind the wheel. Excellent choice of first car.

GTI: For the most part, yes I'm satisfied with it, but it doesn't quite live up to the Corrado--maybe it's because every Euro enthusiast and their grandma has or has had a GTI, or maybe it's because it feels comparatively sterile. Some mods might fix this for me, we'll see.
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      To be fair it's kind of Toyota's fault for pandering to people who don't give a **** about cars.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1997 Jeep ZJ
      09-07-2019 11:35 PM #104

My Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 has been perfect the last 40,000 miles. The Pentastar V6 and ZF transmission are smooth and seamless. I like the way it holds dogs, kids and supplies, but isn't such a huge barge. Of course, the thing is a beast in the snow as well.

Vehicles
      1974 MGB; 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4-Motion DSG; 2017 Audi A4 Premium+, Sport+ MT
      09-07-2019 11:47 PM #105
      At the moment not, not at all which I'm sorry to say. Love the way the Audi drives but it may be one of the worst cars I've now owned in terms of issues and AoA and my local dealers offer **** customer service/service. Also, the fact that it's rattling like a 20 year old delivery van with a creaky/squeaky clutch pedal pisses me off given what it cost and those issues being "fixed" by the dealer when it was there for 3 weeks.
      how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

7. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      09-08-2019 12:09 AM #106
      Can you ever be truly satisfied with a vehicle?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

8. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      09-08-2019 12:44 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Can you ever be truly satisfied with a vehicle?
      I used to convince customers that my store was 10/10 truly exceptional, so yes, I think so.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Volvo S60R; 2013 Corolla S Special Edition; 2010 Toyota RAV4; 2014 Yamaha YZF-R6
      09-08-2019 03:51 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I love my 2004 325i.

It's by no means fast, but the way it drives is wonderful. It's a very well balanced car, steering is fantastic, brakes are a great match for the power and weight, and it's splendid in the corners. If you're willing to keep speed and drive with momentum you can really surprise the hell out of others, it's acceleration where it lacks.

I'll be getting it back in a few days minus the rust on rear right fender and the dent/rust on front right fender. Can't wait.

DSC00068 by efrie004, on Flickr
      I love these, that's beautiful. I saw a 330i of the same generation today in traffic and I think I've got the bug. What a clean and timeless design.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my Corolla but I'm ready to add something more fun just for nice days and weekends. Needs 4 seats, and realistically 4 doors, so no Miata, etc. But something with a manual for sure.
      Last edited by Roboturner913; 09-08-2019 at 03:58 AM.

Vehicles
      17 Focus ST2, Mazdaspeed Miata, montego NA8 .
      09-08-2019 04:55 AM #109
      So, when asked to clarify his opinions, CLA guy just comes off as a dick? Why am I not surprised....

And thanks for reminding me how good the used car market is in the south again, Erik . I'd dream of your commute in that car.
      I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Vehicles
      2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport
      09-08-2019 08:32 AM #110
      Eh, not really.

I mean, I don't dislike the car but I'm kind of just over it. It's quick enough, reasonably nimble and makes cool exhaust and turbo noises...

But it just doesn't feel as solid as when I first bought it and some of the exterior and interior surfaces are wearing way too fast/easily for being subjected to only normal wear and tear.

Plus, for a four door sedan (compact or not), it's weirdly impractical at times. I have to move the front seats forward to where it's almost uncomfortable to drive if I need to fold rear seats down. And if I want to carry rear passengers, it's almost useless for them. I may as well have a two-door car.
      Next car desires subject to change... Perpetually.

12. Member
      09-08-2019 08:42 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by VarianceVQ View Post

Plus, for a four door sedan (compact or not), it's weirdly impractical at times. I have to move the front seats forward to where it's almost uncomfortable to drive if I need to fold rear seats down. And if I want to carry rear passengers, it's almost useless for them. I may as well have a two-door car.
      I feel everyone is slowly coming to this realization - sedans are so impractical vs what is available now.

13. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-08-2019 09:21 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
      I love these, that's beautiful. I saw a 330i of the same generation today in traffic and I think I've got the bug. What a clean and timeless design.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my Corolla but I'm ready to add something more fun just for nice days and weekends. Needs 4 seats, and realistically 4 doors, so no Miata, etc. But something with a manual for sure.
      I picked it up in November of 2018 from the original owner, it had 87,000 miles on it. Now it's got 108,000 miles on it, and besides some regular wear items the car has been bulletproof. If you want something cheap that's still fun to drive, I highly recommend.
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Vehicles
      '17 CarTruck, '17 Alltrack
      09-08-2019 09:26 AM #113
      yes the ridgeline has met every need for last 2 years and whatever foreseeable future (wife not as huge fan since i went poverty spec). glad i bought it when i did, if i waited = spent twice as much on a gladiator eventually it will be balanced out by some luxury barge family suv road trip hauler which i can't decide on.

Vehicles
      2018 Golf R, '96 993
      09-08-2019 11:34 AM #114
      Been happy with my Golf R. Good to be in a hatch again for occasional load hauls. Will do some conservative mods over time.
      2018 Golf R , '96 993
      past:2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro,
      '85 GTI, 17 yrs , 280k miles, '75 Nova (first car)

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      09-08-2019 11:39 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      I feel everyone is slowly coming to this realization - sedans are so impractical vs what is available now.
      Sedans are practical- just need to do more research. Nowadays when I buy a car the first thing I check is rear seat room. If I can't sit in front of the child seat (wifey is taller than me) it's DOA. Even once we get past that, I'd still like to be able to sit comfortably behind myself. Not to dump on dude but if rear seat room was a priority that should have been the first thing to check.

Vehicles
      2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport
      09-08-2019 11:56 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Sedans are practical- just need to do more research. Nowadays when I buy a car the first thing I check is rear seat room. If I can't sit in front of the child seat (wifey is taller than me) it's DOA. Even once we get past that, I'd still like to be able to sit comfortably behind myself. Not to dump on dude but if rear seat room was a priority that should have been the first thing to check.
      It wasn't a priority. I've had people in the backseat maybe 4 times total since I've had the thing. It'll do in a pinch but it's just an oddity. None of the similar sized cars I've owned have had this problem.
      Next car desires subject to change... Perpetually.

Vehicles
      '18 Ioniq, '66 Stude Daytona
      09-08-2019 12:32 PM #117
      The Ioniq has done everything I bought it for really well. Comfortable, quiet, rides well, and averages 55-57MPG for a 105 mile daily commute. Rear seat is a tight fit for adults but it's not MK4 cramped and the liftback is great compared to a trunk. For a DD, it checks all of the boxes.
      4/29/17: Dear Diary, Today I got Nater'd...

Vehicles
      1975 280Z/2012 Maxima SV/2012 Chevy Cruze eco
      09-08-2019 12:56 PM #118
      My Maxima does a decent job of getting me from point a to point b, really is a great highway cruiser. I can drive 6-8 hours and not feel like I was on a roller coaster for the whole time. Mileage is less than expected but tolerable. The 280z I want to drive it every day. Its slower than a minivan in a straight line but its pretty capable for a car from 1975.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-08-2019 01:16 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      I've never owned a car with a trunk. I guess a sedan is practical in a city where you want to keep anything people might steal out of sight. When I owned GTIs for 14 years as my daily driver, I could do the Home Depot lawn & garden run without needing to go fetch the SUV. To me, a sedan doesn't have enough cargo volume for my normal use. Where do you put your stuff? My car is often stuffed to the gills. Bicycles. Sail bags. Ski gear....

Vehicles
      2012 Kia Forte EX
      09-08-2019 01:21 PM #120
      Going into my purchase, hell yes I was - it was a black, suppository shaped, escape hatch from CL beaters that did nothing but pound me with repair bills and debt.

Now though, not so much. It's boring and I can't even count on it being reliable long term either, so what's the point of buying something so boring in the first place?

I'm hoping to rectify this in 6 months to a year though after I get a new job.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Macan GTS/991.2 Carrera
      09-08-2019 01:22 PM #121
      I’ve a leased E300 and for DD duties, I really enjoy it. It’s plenty of room, averages over 32mpg on long drives and can fit five adults. I also like the fact it’s not an SUV as most of the shapes on the roads today now are.

Throw in the fact I’m leasing it for $450/month and I think it’s a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Lincoln MKZ AWD
      09-08-2019 01:23 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      I've never owned a car with a trunk. I guess a sedan is practical in a city where you want to keep anything people might steal out of sight. When I owned GTIs for 14 years as my daily driver, I could do the Home Depot lawn & garden run without needing to go fetch the SUV. To me, a sedan doesn't have enough cargo volume for my normal use. Where do you put your stuff? My car is often stuffed to the gills. Bicycles. Sail bags. Ski gear....
      Most people don't do much besides haul their crotchfruit around.

Vehicles
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      09-08-2019 01:48 PM #123

Love my LS430. Only drive it a few thousand miles per year since I have my 18 Explorer as a company vehicle. The LS is great though, hard to believe it's almost 14 years old. Quiet and composed, it is the ultimate highway cruiser. Has enough under the hood for effortless passing and will happily cruise at speed. For the price, I don't think anything else really even comes close in comparison. Mine has been well maintained and with only 83k on it, it should offer years of uneventful service without missing a beat.

25. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      09-08-2019 01:53 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      The Ioniq has done everything I bought it for really well. Comfortable, quiet, rides well, and averages 55-57MPG for a 105 mile daily commute. Rear seat is a tight fit for adults but it's not MK4 cramped and the liftback is great compared to a trunk. For a DD, it checks all of the boxes.
      When did you pick it up?
      I have been looking at picking up a new daily now that fuel mileage has dropped with my new commute. I also want something a little better for the stop and go traffic that I now deal with getting from one side of town to the other.
      Did you look at both the hybrid and full EV? What about the Niro?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Vehicles
      '16 VW Golf 1.4 TSI R-Line
      09-08-2019 02:11 PM #125

Yes and no. For what it is, an affordable German hatchback, it's great. It's got all the kit I need and it's practical (has a towbar, too), comfortable, a quality product. But the clutch has no feel and the steering is also too light. German engineers just perfected all feel and character out of it. But the suspension works great and at speed it's a good car to drive the twisties here that many times have insane speed limits. And flat out on the Autobahns it's stable. Edit: Oh and has to be said that I love how the thing looks. I think the designer did a great job and the aftermarket ET40 wheels together with the R-Line bodykit finish the look off. And the color is the most gorgeous shade of blue there is.
      Last edited by Son; 09-08-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast