VWVortex.com - are you satisfied with your current car?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: are you satisfied with your current car?

1. 09-11-2019 09:30 AM #176
      13 Outback Limited...

Hate driving it, under powered, horrible transmission, and it drinks oil. Bought it because its practical, safe, and I thought reliable (wrong!) and it was a psuedo wagon. Looking back, I wasn’t sold on it, and probably should of looked for something else, but hindsight is 20/20. I wanted a VW Sportwagen, (now wife) said it was too small and she hated the seats. 😕😕😕

Outback is great on Gas, good enough on the long road trips, and holds all my stuff and then some. It has nice amenities for the MY (Nav, leather, sunroof, etc) but as almost 7 years old its getting long in the tooth. All that being said, Im probably gonna have to run it in the ground because our finances are focused on other things now.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      09-11-2019 01:05 PM #177
      I bought a 2016 CX5 that doesn't get driven a lot (sub 30k mileage). Hindsight I should have bought a truck or larger vehicle (dirty utility stuff). Or just skipped it all together as we drove our old minivan the most because of the convenience with the little one.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD, 2018 Mazda Miata Club
      09-11-2019 01:08 PM #178
      I'm very satisfied with my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

Just concerned about long term durability/reliability.

It's only 4 years old with 31,000 miles and it needs a new transmission.

Vehicles
      GOLF 99, 18 Nismo Econobox
      09-11-2019 02:33 PM #179
      Sentra Nismo 2018

Satisfied overall, interior quality could have been better, engine feels good, transmission even though the first few miles did the draded 3rd gear grind it went away.

My main concern is that ****ty programming that Nissan does to it's cars other than that i can see myself keeping this one for quiet a while, i never imagined looking at it but once the GLIs stopped production, and the dealership not willing to work with me on getting me what i wanted i turned around to see this one.

For less money i got a I4 TurboCharged car that can haul my family with enough trunk space to fit all the things that two toddlers need, and has 4 doors with decently priced insurance, and also plenty of smiles per gallon, with alcantara recaro seats and a nice sound system (infotainment could have been better though)

6. Member
      Vehicles
      16 FiST
      09-12-2019 01:53 PM #180
      2019 Jetta GLI Autobahn with DSG. Picked it up yesterday, so far very satisfied. Unloaded my 2018 WRX with which i was not satisfied due to the terrible clutch, sucky manual, awful stereo, and lack of keyless entry. On the other hand, muffler deletes and an intake made for a wonderful exhaust note that I will forever miss.

09-12-2019 01:56 PM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by velocidub View Post

Hyundai / Kia supporters: "but it has a 10 year warranty!"

The idea is it shouldn't even need a warranty at all, it should be so reliable.
      2019 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4WD - Volk Racing / Stoptech / Morimoto / KCHilites / Toyo Tires

8. 09-12-2019 02:09 PM #182

Ouch, I thought Hyundais were past these issues

Vehicles
      Fusion Hybrid
      09-12-2019 02:16 PM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Ouch, I thought Hyundais were past these issues
      I’m curious what it’s doing that requires a new transmission? What are the symptoms?
      "somebody's giving me a whole lotta money to do what I think I want to"

10. Member
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      09-15-2019 03:02 PM #184
      Yes, still satisfied with my 2012 MP4-12C. At over 7 years old and 52,000 miles, it still is a great road car. We just took it down the coast from San Francisco to Big Sur and Avila Beach to Pismo and Paso Robles. My wife still loves it for how much visibility you get out the windows. Maintenance has been reasonable, and it has been wildly reliable. Gas mileage is good, but who cares? Insurance on it is cheaper than my Mustang ;-)

My only issue is that every stop takes longer because it ends up with a great conversation with some car enthusiast! On this latest trip, a group of a dozen foreign tourists were more interested in the car than in the awesome coastline. I let them all sit in it and take photos. Extra 20 minutes for that stop ;-)

Vehicles
      MK6 GTI, 2002 Isuzu Trooper
      09-15-2019 08:16 PM #185
      My two current cars that I have

2012 VW GTI: that I have owned since new. Repair cost hasn't been that bad honestly in the past almost 8 years. New clutch, intake manifold x2 and a water pump all totaling up to maybe $5k. But overall it has been a relatively reliable car to own. I still enjoy driving it every day. The only gripes I have now is the headliner is starting to sag a bit and I wish I would have gotten a DSG everyday that I get stuck in Chicagoland traffic.

2002 Isuzu Trooper: I love this damn thing so much. I've only owned it for 3 years now but my god is it awesome. I originally bought it as a winter beater from Texas to get me through the Wisconsin/Illinois winters. The styling from back in the day was awesome, looks somewhat like a poor mans Land Rover. My only major gripe is oil consumption issues and the fact that the transmission lunched itself within the first few months of ownership setting me back $2500 for a rebuild. I'm currently battling some oil leaks due to a failing valve cover gasket but overall its been an amazing truck. Even with the terrible gas mileage I have honestly been contemplating getting rid of my GTI and just turning this into my primary DD.

12. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-15-2019 09:34 PM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      mp4 c-12
      At first sight I thought this was a new C8.

I need to wash my eyes out with soap now.

Glad you're still enjoying the car Dave!
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Vehicles
      Now: 2016 GTI PP Autobahn; Then: 2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      09-16-2019 06:23 AM #187
      2016 GTI Autobahn.

Love it. At 36,000 and 4 years, outside of the sunroof issue (fixed) and a random creaking from the front suspension (common), the car has been just about perfect. Hard to fault much of anything.

I'm starting to develop a wandering eye for the new M340i...now I just need to find a way to justify keeping the GTI, because I know i'll regret it if I trade it.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      09-16-2019 07:03 AM #188

That's weird; transmissions are one of the few things H/K seem to do OK. I'm gonna write this off as a fluke; hopefully you don't have any more problems.

Vehicles
      2018 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual, 2014 RDX, 1989 VW Cabriolet
      09-16-2019 07:31 AM #189
      I am still satisfied with my Cadillac.

RWD, turbo 4, 6 speed manual, LSD, fuel efficient, comfortable.

What's not to like?

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      09-16-2019 12:28 PM #190
      This is a weird question for me, but since the answer seems germane to the topic here goes.

I drove a variety of SUVs for about 18 years while my kids were growing up. We had them because we've always had camping trailers of various sizes and towed equipment trailers for scout and marching band. My wife agreed that when my younger son got his license I could finally get back into a car.

I purchased a '18 Golf R. I love the car. It's immediacy in terms of power and handling, feature set, etc. Unfortunately, my due diligence in buying it did not include letting my family (well, more my wife than kids since they're away at college now) a chance to check it out beforehand.

Fast forward to a few months ago and it really comes out how much they all hate the car. They don't like the seats, the ride, etc. My wife will tolerate if for short trips (about 15 minute max). It's enough that for longer trips we take her Durango (where she typically winds up driving).

So my car sits except for weekend errands that I do solo, or going to meet my running group several times per week. I do occasionally meet friends of similar performance vehicles for more spirited drives, but those are few and far between.

It's come that I've started to resent the car because I don't really get to drive it.

I'm considering selling it and getting into an A5 (assuming my wife a)likes it, and b)agrees to the financial hoop-jumping). I think she'd find the Audi more to her liking from a comfort perspective, and outright speed aside I think it would satisfy my desire to have a good handling, relatively quick car.
      2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

17. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-16-2019 12:40 PM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      My family hates Golf R
      I'm still confused as to why it matters if your family dislikes the car, it's your car. You guys have the family hauler, let them use it. Keep them out of yours.

Hell, here I am thinking about purchasing another E46 and I haven't even spoken to my wife about it yet. It's my thing, she has her thing.
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      09-16-2019 12:44 PM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I'm still confused as to why it matters if your family dislikes the car, it's your car. You guys have the family hauler, let them use it. Keep them out of yours.

Hell, here I am thinking about purchasing another E46 and I haven't even spoken to my wife about it yet. It's my thing, she has her thing.
      So when my wife and I go places I have two choices:

a) drive the Durango when I'd rather be driving my car and enjoying it, or
      b) let her drive the Durango and be a bored passenger.

The kids aren't around enough for them to matter at this point.

And no, driving separately isn't an option.
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

19. 09-16-2019 12:50 PM #193
      This is a weird question for me, but since the answer seems germane to the topic here goes.

I drove a variety of SUVs for about 18 years while my kids were growing up. We had them because we've always had camping trailers of various sizes and towed equipment trailers for scout and marching band. My wife agreed that when my younger son got his license I could finally get back into a car.

I purchased a '18 Golf R. I love the car. It's immediacy in terms of power and handling, feature set, etc. Unfortunately, my due diligence in buying it did not include letting my family (well, more my wife than kids since they're away at college now) a chance to check it out beforehand.

Fast forward to a few months ago and it really comes out how much they all hate the car. They don't like the seats, the ride, etc. My wife will tolerate if for short trips (about 15 minute max). It's enough that for longer trips we take her Durango (where she typically winds up driving).

So my car sits except for weekend errands that I do solo, or going to meet my running group several times per week. I do occasionally meet friends of similar performance vehicles for more spirited drives, but those are few and far between.

It's come that I've started to resent the car because I don't really get to drive it.

I'm considering selling it and getting into an A5 (assuming my wife a)likes it, and b)agrees to the financial hoop-jumping). I think she'd find the Audi more to her liking from a comfort perspective, and outright speed aside I think it would satisfy my desire to have a good handling, relatively quick car.

Crazy, you were so hyped about the R and your mods. I'm surprised it wore off so quickly.

20. 09-16-2019 12:51 PM #194
      I have to say- I hate VW, but I really do like the Arteon. Not looking forward to servicing it for the next how ever many years, and def don't enjoy looking at the badge on the steering wheel, but the car really is well built. And the color gets me every time.

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      09-16-2019 12:52 PM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Crazy, you were so hyped about the R and your mods. I'm surprised it wore off so quickly.
      It hasn't really.

It's more the annoyance factor that I don't get to drive it that has me wishing for something my wife finds more amenable that I could actually drive places. Thus getting more enjoyment from my car.

22. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-16-2019 12:54 PM #196
      It hasn't really.

It's more the annoyance factor that I don't get to drive it that has me wishing for something my wife finds more amenable that I could actually drive places. Thus getting more enjoyment from my car.
      Skip the A5.

Put a deposit down with Brandon for the upcoming RS6. You get fun car, wife gets that functionality and space she deserves.
      Instagram - efrie004

23. 09-16-2019 12:56 PM #197
      Skip the A5.

Put a deposit down with Brandon for the upcoming RS6. You get fun car, wife gets that functionality and space she deserves.
      Not sure an RS6 over $100k matches his shopping list of Durango, Palisade, CX9, and A5..

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      09-16-2019 12:56 PM #198
      Skip the A5.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more scratch than I can afford unless

1)I win the lottery
      2)A rich relative dies and leaves me the keys to the kingdom.

Even then my wife would probably say **** no.

25. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      09-16-2019 01:02 PM #199
      Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more scratch than I can afford unless
      Hey man, they're free for the first 45 days.
      Instagram - efrie004

26. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      09-16-2019 01:04 PM #200
      Yes. The Audi is an excellent DD while the Porsche is an excellent weekend car. The plan is to keep the Porsche forever and the A6 still has warranty till 2022 so unless something terrible happens, I'll likely be keeping that car for quite some time. These cars complement each other very well as they both serve different functions and both make up for what the other lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast