VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

APR Hardware / Software Ready for the Arteon: Up to 382 HP!

55K views 105 replies 30 participants last post by  Cliff4Motion 
#1 ·

We're pleased to announce several new hardware and software upgrades for the North American Arteon 2.0T!

APR's ECU Upgrade dramatically increases power and is available in multiple stages and octanes. The Arteon is rated at 268 HP and 258 FT-LBS of torque from Volkswagen. With the APR Plus ECU Upgrade, which includes a factory term limit matching powertrain warranty, expect up to 359 HP and 349 FT-LBS of torque!

Next up is APR's Stage 1 ECU Upgrade. It requires no hardware, yet delivers 359-382 HP with 349-392 FT-LBS of torque! Gains as high as 85-113 HP and 95-136 FT-LBS of torque were measured over stock. For more power, you can add any of the APR hardware items below.

Finally APR's Stage 2 ECU Upgrade maximizes output of the factory turbo. It's designed for use with the APR Race DP, and optimized when using the upcoming APR Intake and Intercooler, and produces 369-381 HP with 367-409 FT-LBS of torque. Gains as high as 109-127 HP and 129-152 FT-LBS of torque were measured over stock. This setup works great with APR's lineup of performance hardware listed below.

The following is available for the new Arteon:

The following will be released soon with a new supporting adapters / brackets:

The following North American ECU Box Codes are available today. If your code is not listed, please put in a request:

• 2.0 TSI - DLRB - 3G0906259G S0004

Thank you and Go APR!

See less See more
#49 ·
Arin,

Question. How do the APR Authorized VW dealers work? If you get chipped there, do they automatically void your warranty? Fred Beans isn't far from me and they're listed on your site.

#51 ·
I bought my GTI from Fred Beans back in the day. Nice shop and area.

They should flash your car seperate from anything VW related (like scanning / flagging, and all that). That should only take place if you bring the car in for service or more specifically, warranty work.

#59 ·
im not sure if anyone can answer this question, or if @arin will need to...

but i am wondering about the on board performance monitor on our cars. specifically the boost readouts.

now, i know that it does not take into account the atmospheric pressure. however when we get tuned (specifically by APR) are they able to change that so it DOES take into account the atmospheric pressure?
i ask because my car is still only reading about 35psi at full throttle and subtracting the 14.7 will only net me about 15-18psi actual.

so if they do not adjust the display, does that mean the car is NOT able to read actual boost numbers live? and is just basing the number off of programming and engine load?

i hope i explained this correctly...

This post has been deleted
#61 ·
a video of the gauge reaching limit? no...

#62 ·
Does anyone have a Stage 2 video of them going 0-60? Trying to troubleshoot for now. I have ruled out a boost leak, but I am not seeing peak boost (38psi according to the boost gauge in the dash) until after 5000rpm. From what the APR map on their website says, I should be seeing it FAR sooner. I have the APR stage 2 high torque map, APR intake inlet, APR intercooler and an ECS tuning intake, plus the APR race downpipe to the stock Arteon axleback. I am not seeing any improvement in 0-60 times for my Arteon, but I AM feeling the boost surge late in the RPM range. Wondering if it's a TCU tune issue, a vacuum leak near the wastegate, or something else.

#64 ·
I'm very interested in this thread.......I've had an SEL-P for a month now and everytime I pull up to a traffic light, someone is trying to race me.... I got smoked by a 2019 corvette yesterday (expected) and then immediately after, someone in a Ford F150 decided to floor it past me..... I need some respectable off-the-line acceleration... I'm hoping the APR Plus will do it (but that I won't get hooked and start focusing on Stage II etc.....)

#75 · (Edited)
I finally got APR' Stage 1 low torque map on my Arteon.
It's a very nice upgrade. It changes the car for sure. Honestly, I can't say it's a MAJOR difference (butt dyno) but it's definitely there.
I think that being a comfortable larger car, the bump in power is more "subtile" than you would expect.
Where I do see a BIG difference: Merging onto an highway
I do not regret going stage 1 at all and would gladly recommend it!

Note:
APR are recommending a tighter spark plug gap. 0.024 +- 0.002''
The tech told me they did not usually do so while uploading stage 1 put it could be done for 60$. I did so.
It's pretty easy to do it on your own if you have the gap tool.
Was it unnecessary? Maybe...

#78 ·
With the high charge density (more fuel) a misfire(s) is to be avoided as much as possible. The plug temp will also be higher and the life reduced etc. I would ask APR to explain why re-gapping is needed and also what is the reduced life expectancy of the plugs? I had a friend a while ago that had a plug insulator breakdown on his boosted GTI and the damage to the cylinder basically left the engine cylinder damaged - it burned a lot of oil from then on. Not covered by his warranty as the engine was “still functioning”

my 2 cents....

#79 · (Edited)
APR Stage I ECU Upgrade
The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade is the first step towards making more power! This simple upgrade requires no engine hardware modifications, and produces 359-382 HP with 349-392 FT-LBS of torque. Gains as high as 85-113 HP and 95-136 FT-LBS of torque are available throughout the power band, making the vehicle exceptionally quicker in all scenarios.

The upgrade is offered in both high and low torque versions, and is available for various fuel grades.

To get more power, the vehicle can be outfitted with an upgraded intake, intercooler, catback exhaust and other small modifications without requiring any new modification to the ECU. For those looking for even more power, check out our Stage 1 ECU upgrade. APR recommends using colder heat-range spark plugs (Ex: NGK-R7437-9), properly gapped to a tighter gap (Ex: 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm), properly installed and torqued (Ex: Per the manufacturers specifications), and maintained with a shorter change interval (Ex: 10,000-15,000 mi or 16,000-24,000 km).

Straight outta: https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb_arteon.html

They recommend Colder Heat Range Spark Plugs. I had the OEM plugs gapped to their recommendation. Might've been a bad move since they are not "Colder Heat Range plugs". Also, MAYBE the OEM plug are already gapped to 0.024 +- 0.002''.

I'll contact APR directly to shed a little light on this whole thing. I might be the one heading in the wrong direction.

#80 ·
You're all good. Factory gap is usually all over the place. If you have misfires, a tighter gap will help.

If you plan to bomb the every living hell out of the car (like tracking it, or long highway top speed runs) go with colder plugs. The ones on the site are expensive but the best we've tried.

#92 ·
Just ordered the APR Turbo Inlet Pipe. Any noticeable improvements? Just have the APR Plus tune and a Racingline R600 Intake & Turbo Inlet Hose so far. Lol The Racingline inlet hose doesn’t fit onto my stock turbo inlet pipe, so i guess i had no choice but to order one? Just learning as go.

#93 ·
Reviving this thread. Been keeping an eye out on the APR tune, while part of me was holding my breath thinking the Arteon R would eventually be released here, well no such luck, thanks so much VW :banghead:. My Passat lease is coming up next month and I will probably hold out until the 2021 Arteons land over here. Assuming the APR tune is the same given no engine enhancements. Does anyone have any 0-60 or Quarter mile times with the Stage 1, just to get a numeric comparison. I test drove an Arteon earlier in the year and it felt considerably more leisurely than my Passat, the pause between 2nd to 3rd gear was the main culprit. I also saw that APR has a RoW TCU tune but that is for the DSG transmission, is anything in the works for the Aisin unit, that would really help.

Cheers
Kay

#94 ·
What is a bone stock Arteon supposed to do in the 1/4 mile?

#96 ·
Per the magazines CD/Motortrend had 6.0/6.3 0-60 and for the Quarter mile 14.5 @97/14.8 @93.5 respectively for Stock, would be good to see any real world Stock and Stage 1 numbers.

#97 ·
i think i will pull the trigger on getting the Dragy app. then i will be able to see what im able to do with this stage I+ tune!

#99 ·
I just bought the dragy box.
Supposed to get it early next week.
I'll let you guys know the results as soon as possible. (Stage 1 Arteon)

#103 ·

We're pleased to announce several new hardware and software upgrades for the North American Arteon 2.0T!

APR's ECU Upgrade dramatically increases power and is available in multiple stages and octanes. The Arteon is rated at 268 HP and 258 FT-LBS of torque from Volkswagen. With the APR Plus ECU Upgrade, which includes a factory term limit matching powertrain warranty, expect up to 359 HP and 349 FT-LBS of torque!

Next up is APR's Stage 1 ECU Upgrade. It requires no hardware, yet delivers 359-382 HP with 349-392 FT-LBS of torque! Gains as high as 85-113 HP and 95-136 FT-LBS of torque were measured over stock. For more power, you can add any of the APR hardware items below.

Finally APR's Stage 2 ECU Upgrade maximizes output of the factory turbo. It's designed for use with the APR Race DP, and optimized when using the upcoming APR Intake and Intercooler, and produces 369-381 HP with 367-409 FT-LBS of torque. Gains as high as 109-127 HP and 129-152 FT-LBS of torque were measured over stock. This setup works great with APR's lineup of performance hardware listed below.

The following North American ECU Box Codes are available today. If your code is not listed, please put in a request:

Thank you and Go APR!

#106 ·

Thank you and Go APR!
Just bought my SEL P R and within two days had the apr tune done for $445 plus labor and it really wakes the big car up! Takes off the auto stop feature which is really needed. The tune moves thru roughly 5000 rpm’s & it pulls pretty hard! Love it! Have more apr parts ordered for Cliff too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.