VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2020 Volkswagen ID.3

Vehicles
      Golf GTI 7
      09-11-2019 12:03 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post
      Shame I wasn't able to see it in person given that they have must spent some time driving around here for the pictures. My biggest gripe about the design, based on what I see here, is that large black panel in front of the windshield.
      The only thing that bothers me is the rear spoiler. It's noticeably larger on the ID.3 than on the concept version and it just "spoils" the rear end by making it more square and takes away from the fastback look. I realize it is necessary for aero and painting it black helps it disappear but I still find it awkward.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      09-11-2019 12:07 PM #52
      I want one of these. It looks like a fantastic commuter.

Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      It was in some other prototype, which was okay, but in a production car? That'd be a "no" from me. I love plenty of fun design, but that one is annoying to me. Probably because it's a car and not a CD player. Let it be a car instead of an electronic device.
      I'm torn on it. It's a great example of cute and quirky VW design and I like that. But yes, comparing 3000lbs of moving vehicle to an iPod seems...sketchy...even if both are powered by LiIons.

Vehicles
      Fastdubs of CNY
      09-11-2019 12:43 PM #53
      I want one with 'Jetronic' racing stripes at the base of the doors. If someone could PS this for me, I'd be grateful.
      His: 18 Tiguan Ltd DBP, 2.0T Tipronic (18k): 18" (RML) 1552 Snowflakes
      Hers: 07 MK5 CW 4dr,2.5L std (147k) GTI dampers/DG Springs
      Daughter's: 13 B7 UG Passat 4dr, 2.5L Tiptronic (87k)

09-11-2019 12:48 PM #54

This looks amazing

6. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      09-11-2019 12:55 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      This looks amazing
      I like it too. I hope the crossover we get is more Q3/hatch than Tiguan/SUV. If it's the former I'm in.

09-11-2019 01:14 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      I like it too. I hope the crossover we get is more Q3/hatch than Tiguan/SUV. If it's the former I'm in.
      We already know what they look like... the overall shape and proportions won't change.

First one is ID4, second one is Q4

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      09-11-2019 01:16 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      I'm torn on it. It's a great example of cute and quirky VW design and I like that. But yes, comparing 3000lbs of moving vehicle to an iPod seems...sketchy...even if both are powered by LiIons.
      In other articles about the ID.3, I've read that a few traditional ICE cars have also used the Pause/Play symbols on their pedals.

A lot of cars with push-button ignition have copied some form of the power symbol found on electronics/appliances. If it's not a problem on the ignition button, then it shouldn't be offensive to use these symbols on the pedals.

9. Member
      09-11-2019 01:22 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by John A View Post
      Most people won't get the concept of electricity

Not a fan of the id.3 interior and front end, maybe a performance version will fix it, not a fan of the id.4 because I enjoy driving. The wait continues for something I would drive

I really hope VW Canada (and German car companies on a whole) continues to distance itself from VW America, and offer cars I want
      Last edited by Rudy_H; 09-11-2019 at 01:25 PM.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      09-11-2019 05:54 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      A lot of cars with push-button ignition have copied some form of the power symbol found on electronics/appliances. If it's not a problem on the ignition button, then it shouldn't be offensive to use these symbols on the pedals.
      Oh definitely not offended by it, nor would it stop me from buying the car. Just discussing how I'm torn on the design choice--I just feel like the brake pedal is something serious, and the pause button on a remote has far less dire consequences if you miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by bzcat

We already know what they look like... the overall shape and proportions won't change.

First one is ID4, second one is Q4
      Thanks, I didn't know this! ID4 looks like something H&R can help me turn into a hatchback.

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      09-14-2019 02:52 PM #60
      I quite like this.

I really want to put a set of the wheels from the teal version on a Sportwagon though.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 VW CC R-line
      09-14-2019 05:26 PM #61
      I like this car because it's so similar to the Golf, but don't like the black part on the back. Guess it doesn't matter anyway since it isn't coming to the US which just seems rather dumb. I know crossovers are more popular here, blah blah blah. But not everyone wants a crossover or SUV!! Some of us prefer cars.

Vehicles
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      09-15-2019 10:39 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by chris89topher View Post
      I like this car because it's so similar to the Golf, but don't like the black part on the back. Guess it doesn't matter anyway since it isn't coming to the US which just seems rather dumb. I know crossovers are more popular here, blah blah blah. But not everyone wants a crossover or SUV!! Some of us prefer cars.
      yeah it's really annoying. i mean, not everyone is Nancy the librarian ffs. If every last car sold becomes a CUV/SUV, I'll have to stick to the used car market forever.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      F80 M3 SS/SO
      09-15-2019 01:00 PM #63
      WOULD BUY. Looks awesome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123