Here's the super long press release, I only included the very beginning of it below: https://media.landrover.com/en-us/ne...rover-defender
Originally Posted by US press release
- The new Defender is reimagined for the 21st century
- The world’s most iconic 4x4 and the choice of adventurers and expedition leaders for more than 70 years has been reinvented with an instantly recognizable silhouette that features signature Defender elements including short front and rear overhangs
- Durable new D7x architecture engineered to withstand the Extreme Event Test procedure, above and beyond the normal standard for SUV testing in the industry
- New Configurable Terrain Response, Twin-Speed Transfer Box, Locking Center Differential, Active Rear and Locking Differential allow drivers to optimize the Defender for use on various terrains (7)
- The new Defender debuts the new ‘PIVI Pro’ (12) infotainment system featuring an intuitive interface, while Software-Over-The-Air updates allows customers to access to the latest software updates remotely
- Intuitive 10-inch touchscreen with standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility delivers enhanced user experience and broader range of functions (1)
- At launch, the Defender 110 will be available with optional 5+2 seating and four distinct Accessory Packs (Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban), as well as 170 individual accessories; A shorter wheelbase Defender 90 derivate will join the line-up soon after
- Four distinct Accessory Packs are available
- Explorer Pack: The Explorer Pack is ideal for off-road adventures, equipped with a lightweight 57-lbs Expedition Roof Rack(3) , Exterior Side-mounted Gear Carrier, Wheel Arch Protection and a Spare Wheel Cover. A Matte Black hood decal, featuring ‘90’ or ‘110’ cut-out detailing, completes the Explorer Pack’s head-turning appearance
- Adventure Pack: Ideal for time spent outdoors, the Adventure Pack features a Portable Rinse System with a 1.7 gallon (6.5-liter) pressurized water reservoir, trunk-mounted Integrated Air Compressor and Exterior Side-mounted Gear Carrier. A practical 6.3 gallon Seat Backpack, which you can take with you when you leave the vehicle, completes the interior
- Country Pack: Designed for time spent off the beaten track, the Country Pack features rugged Wheel Arch Protection, Bright Rear Scuff Plate, Portable Rinse System and FullHeight Loadspace Partition
- Urban Pack: To stand out in the concrete jungle, the Urban Pack adds a Bright Rear Scuff Plate, Spare W
- The functional, durable and flexible interior is unique with exposed structural elements and available 5+2 seating and a central front jump seat
- The Land Rover brand’s pioneering Terrain Response® 2 technology is enhanced with standard Wade Sensing (13) feature, while world-first off-road Configurable Terrain Response allows the driver to tailor off-road character more precisely (7)
- New Advanced Electrical Vehicle Architecture (EVA 2.0) underpins connected tech
- A maximum payload of up to 1,984-lbs (900kg), static roof load of up to 661-lbs (300kg), dynamic roof load of 370-lbs (168kg), towing capacity of 8,201-lbs and wading depth of up to 35.4-in (900mm) combine to make the new Defender the ultimate 4x4 for overland adventures
- Land Rover brand to continue long-term humanitarian partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) with Defender at the heart of it
- Above and Beyond Collection: A capsule of technical apparel developed in partnership with Musto® is available in Land Rover showrooms and online, reflecting core Defender qualities of capability and toughness. For more information, visit your local Land Rover retailer.
- The Defender 110 will be priced from $49,900 (11) in the U.S. and will go on sale in Spring 2020; the Defender 90 body style will be available later in the year 2020. Configure your new Defender at www.landroverusa.com/Defender
- To view a live stream of the New Defender reveal at the Frankfurt Motor Show, visit the Land Rover brand’s YouTube channel on September 10, 2019 at 4:00AM EDT
(MAHWAH, NJ) – September 10, 2019 – The Land Rover Defender has always been a symbol of strength and the new model is the toughest and most capable Land Rover vehicle yet, combining a new body structure with all-new technologies and proven hardware to create a Defender that is fit for the 21st century.The new Defender is built for adventurous hearts and curious minds, for those who know the value of community and strive to make a difference.
The unmistakable silhouette is familiar yet new. It looks tough and is tough but designed with purpose and engineered to excite. Iconic in name, shape and capability, the Defender can be personalized to allow owners to make the most of their world.
Across seven decades of pioneering innovation, Land Rover vehicles have earned a unique place in the hearts of explorers, humanitarian agencies and adventurous families across the world. Proven in the harshest environments on earth, the new Defender maintains this bloodline.
Alongside the peerless luxury and refinement of the Range Rover family and the highly capable and versatile Discovery SUVs, the new Defender completes the Land Rover dynasty. The Defender 110 is just the start for this family of the most capable and durable 4x4s in the world. It will be swiftly followed by a short wheelbase Defender 90 later in 2020.
Driven by a passion and respect for the original, the new Defender delivers transformational breadth of capability and advanced all-terrain technologies to redefine adventure for the 21st century, while remaining true to the pioneering spirit that has been a Land Rover brand hallmark for 71 years.