VWVortex.com - Benro Tripod / Customer Service Top Notch
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Benro Tripod / Customer Service Top Notch

Vehicles
      18' Terrain, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 05' Honda VTX, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      09-11-2019 07:49 AM #1
      On the first hike of my trip from last week I managed to lose the lower two sections on one of the legs of my Benro carbon fiber tripod
      The small pack that I use to hike to the shooting location can accommodate 2 of the legs, center post and camera gear.
      So during my trip I had to improvise use of the leg that was missing the sections.
      So I get back home late Wednesday night and on Thursday morning I call Benro's Customer Service Center in New York.
      After discussing my plight with the CSR, he directed me to a youtube video to determine which version of tripod I had since they had made some updates and changes and he
      wanted to make sure I received the proper replacement parts. After finding out I had the newer revised version, he said he'd get the parts shipped that day.
      I mentioned since the loss was the result of my error and not a mfg defect that I expected to be charged for the parts. I mentioned I'd need a part for a Slik tripod several years ago and their
      customer service was horrible and I never received the part I needed. We chatted about my trip and that I did it on a 19 year old motorcycle, did the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in Western NC and Eastern TN.
      It turns out he's a biker as well and told me about his trip to the same area a few weeks back.
      So after some male bonding, he said he'd send the parts free of charge. They arrived on Saturday afternoon via UPS.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-13-2019 08:44 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by CruznMalibu View Post
      On the first hike of my trip from last week I managed to lose the lower two sections on one of the legs of my Benro carbon fiber tripod
      The small pack that I use to hike to the shooting location can accommodate 2 of the legs, center post and camera gear.
      So during my trip I had to improvise use of the leg that was missing the sections.
      So I get back home late Wednesday night and on Thursday morning I call Benro's Customer Service Center in New York.
      After discussing my plight with the CSR, he directed me to a youtube video to determine which version of tripod I had since they had made some updates and changes and he
      wanted to make sure I received the proper replacement parts. After finding out I had the newer revised version, he said he'd get the parts shipped that day.
      I mentioned since the loss was the result of my error and not a mfg defect that I expected to be charged for the parts. I mentioned I'd need a part for a Slik tripod several years ago and their
      customer service was horrible and I never received the part I needed. We chatted about my trip and that I did it on a 19 year old motorcycle, did the Tail of the Dragon and other roads in Western NC and Eastern TN.
      It turns out he's a biker as well and told me about his trip to the same area a few weeks back.
      So after some male bonding, he said he'd send the parts free of charge. They arrived on Saturday afternoon via UPS.
      nice!
      signatures are annoying, right?