VWVortex.com - Wait for ID.Crozz or get 2019 e-Golf now?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View Poll Results: 2019 e-Golf SE now or wait for ID.4/Crozz

Voters
    1. You may not vote on this poll
    • 2019 e-Golf SE

0 0%
    • ID.4/Crozz

1 100.00%

Thread: Wait for ID.Crozz or get 2019 e-Golf now?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf Sportwagen S, 1990 Corrado G60
      09-13-2019 03:28 PM #1
      2016 Golf Sportwagen S lease is up in 5 months...debating on getting 2019 e-Golf SE or waiting for ID. Crozz

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 09-17-2019 12:11 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by amerikaner79 View Post
      2016 Golf Sportwagen S lease is up in 5 months...debating on getting 2019 e-Golf SE or waiting for ID. Crozz
      Personally I'm going to wait for the ID Crozz/ID.4 to come out so I can compare the two. I'm curious to see how they both stack up when it comes to range and size.

4. 09-18-2019 02:59 PM #3
      I'm going to wait for the ID.4 to come out as well. I need to see what the price difference is going to be before I decide to put money down.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 09-18-2019 07:02 PM #4
      ID.4 will be the biggest money maker for VW and in that what resonates with most consumers.

Its essentially a crossover version of the ID.3 hatchback.

As both hit the market, my predictions of sales will prove to be true!

7. 09-19-2019 08:38 AM #5
      The ID 4 will sell well if it's priced the same as a Tiguan. If they try to ask $35-$40K for it just because you don't have to pay for gas, I predict most people in this demographic will simply continue to buy ICE Tiguans for as long as they're available.

8. 09-19-2019 11:52 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by fiftysomething View Post
      The ID 4 will sell well if it's priced the same as a Tiguan. If they try to ask $35-$40K for it just because you don't have to pay for gas, I predict most people in this demographic will simply continue to buy ICE Tiguans for as long as they're available.
      VW seems to be hinting that the ID.4 will be comparable to the Tiguan. Hopefully they actually stick to that though. If it's priced significantly higher I agree, a lot of people will stick to Tiguans.

9. 09-22-2019 07:46 PM #7
      Also, lets not forget the ID.4 is part of a massive vehicle line up shift from VW, meaning LOTS of new changes like we never seen before.

That to me is a big incentive to buy something ID rather than an outgoing VW model.

10. 09-26-2019 11:35 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by EVW1 View Post
      Also, lets not forget the ID.4 is part of a massive vehicle line up shift from VW, meaning LOTS of new changes like we never seen before.

That to me is a big incentive to buy something ID rather than an outgoing VW model.
      That's very true, who knows how long the e-golf will around for, or if it will change as the ID line continues to roll out.

11. 09-26-2019 06:15 PM #9
      Yeah.
      Resale values are my biggest concern as well.
      I rather not own new older model only to see its value plummet 1-2 years out.

12. 09-27-2019 03:20 PM #10
      Yeah.
      Resale values are my biggest concern as well.
      I rather not own new older model only to see its value plummet 1-2 years out.
      I remember there were rumors about the e-golf getting close to being discontinued but I don't know if that's been officially confirmed or not.

13. 10-01-2019 05:47 PM #11
      Not everyone at VW is on board with the ID.3. I guess it can be argued that more attention could have been given to the Golf MK8

Volkswagen is more concerned with the ID.3 than the new Golf

Mike Rutherford is baffled why Volkswagen showcased the new ID.3 at Frankfurt rather than the new Mk8 Golf

This month’s Frankfurt Motor Show intrigued and impressed me with its glorious glut of often unproven, comparatively expensive, alternatively fuelled cars for the future – when their petrol and diesel-powered counterparts are supposed to decline before being wiped off the face of the earth.

But, as Frankfurt and elsewhere still prove, the death of tried and tested, more easily affordable internal combustion-engined family cars remains decades away. For the foreseeable future at least, such ‘old-school’ beasts remain far more desirable and considerably cheaper to purchase than pure-electric or hydrogen models of similar size.

That’s why I, not unreasonably, wanted Volkswagen of Germany to officially launch its all-new German Golf at Germany’s national motor show before it closed its doors last Sunday (22 September), possibly for the last time if you believe what you hear from some pundits.

Trouble is, it refused. Inexplicably, the hugely significant Mk8 Golf was ordered to stay away. Showgoers from Germany and other parts were robbed of one of the most important unveilings of the year for buyers living in the real world.

The all-new car was supposed to go on sale in late 2019. But it went AWOL in Frankfurt, which was the most blindingly obvious place to unleash it, with prices likely to be a tad over £20,000 (but sub-£20k with the discounts the Golf is usually blessed with).

Yes, yes, I know that the nearer-£30,000, unknown-quantity, electric-only ID.3 was put forward as VW’s star car. But joint headliner or support act would have been more fitting. Golf has been a loyal servant for almost half a century; it is the second best-selling car ever; no VW has sold in greater numbers; even now it’s available as a petrol, diesel or electric car and is still Europe’s No 1 seller; in the small-but-picky British market, it’s No. 3.

The bi-annual (up to now!) German Show was big enough for two all-new models from VW of Germany in 2019. It’s a great shame that one of ’em went missing in action. So this means the all-new Mk8 Golf will have its first public outing at the next big show – Los Angeles – in late November, right? Er, wrong.

“There are no plans for it to be at the LA Show,” a spokesman assured me. So we’ll have to wait until Spring 2020 – Geneva or the smaller, but growing, London Show, correct? VW won’t say. All it will admit is that the Mk8 Golf gets a “launch” in its Wolfsburg home in late October, and that the car “is set to arrive in the UK in Spring next year”.

VW isn’t holding back from arguing that the flavour of the month ID.3 (zero sold so far) is – according to its crystal ball – the future, whereas the classy, trusted Golf (approximately 35 million sales so far) is much, much more about the past. The promise from the German firm is that “we’re not brushing Golf under the carpet.”

Me, I’m not so sure about that. But I am certain that with the questionable appearance, inevitably hefty price tag and comparatively low levels of consumer appeal that ID.3 currently has, it will not overtake Golf sales anytime soon – if ever.

14. 10-02-2019 02:18 PM #12
      Not everyone at VW is on board with the ID.3. I guess it can be argued that more attention could have been given to the Golf MK8
      While I am all for the ID.3 and the rest of the ID line from VW. It definitely does seem like they're sweeping the Golf under the rug even though it's a new version.

15. 10-03-2019 03:09 PM #13
      That's a very interesting perspective on the ID.3. I'm curious to see when VW starts showing the new Golf some love and how much they do to promote it. Otherwise, why would they even bother to change it?

16. 10-04-2019 02:39 PM #14
      Apparently the 8th gen Golf is set to debut on Oct. 24 at an event in Wolfsburg. One of the reasons it didn't appear at the Frankfurt Motor Show is development issues.

A Volkswagen representative confirmed with Roadshow on Thursday that the eighth generation of the blockbuster nameplate will debut on Oct. 24 at an event in its hometown of Wolfsburg, Germany. Supposedly, according to a Motor1 report, this car was set to debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show last month, but company brass pushed it back to give its electric VW ID 3 some extra breathing room, and of course, media attention. Whenever a new Golf comes out it's huge news and would have stolen much limelight from the ID 3.

Another reason for the Golf's delayed disrobing has to do with development issues. Supposedly, engineers have been wrestling with software problems related to its over-the-air update capability.
      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...s-specs-debut/

17. 10-04-2019 03:59 PM #15
      I like what i'm seeing so far and knowing it will be available as a PHEV is an incentive for me, at least until the ID.3 arrives and is priced reasonably.

Not a bad looking PHEV Hatch either...

18. 10-09-2019 03:22 PM #16
      I like what i'm seeing so far and knowing it will be available as a PHEV is an incentive for me, at least until the ID.3 arrives and is priced reasonably.

Not a bad looking PHEV Hatch either...

I have to agree, it looks like VW did a great job with tweaking the design for the new Golf. I'm looking forward to its reveal in a couple of weeks.

Vehicles
      MKIV GTI (sold); MKVII Rabbit Edition
      10-10-2019 11:57 AM #17
      Keep in mind that, unless you live in LA or NY, you can't walk into a showroom and buy a new e-Golf. VW made it kind of a limited-sale item. You can buy a used one anywhere in the country, but not every dealership has the tools and know-how to service them.

20. 10-10-2019 04:03 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucile View Post
      Keep in mind that, unless you live in LA or NY, you can't walk into a showroom and buy a new e-Golf. VW made it kind of a limited-sale item. You can buy a used one anywhere in the country, but not every dealership has the tools and know-how to service them.
      I didn't realize that the e-Golf is going to be that limited.

Vehicles
      MKIV GTI (sold); MKVII Rabbit Edition
      10-17-2019 04:24 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by SKing View Post
      I didn't realize that the e-Golf is going to be that limited.
      This is a past tense and present tense thing. the ID series will almost definitely be rolled out everywhere you can buy a VW.

22. Yesterday 03:24 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucile View Post
      This is a past tense and present tense thing. the ID series will almost definitely be rolled out everywhere you can buy a VW.
      Yeah for sure, there's no way they'll limit the ID series to certain areas/regions.