VWVortex.com - Anybody have the page from manual that shows banjo bolts with washers on rack and pinion 03' Passat 1.8t
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Anybody have the page from manual that shows banjo bolts with washers on rack and pinion 03' Passat 1.8t

1. 09-16-2019 01:47 PM #1
      Just swapped out rack in pinion in a 2003 Passat 1.8t, however, I have a leak from the banjo bolts. I'm guessing they are missing a washer? Wondering if anyone happens to have a digital copy from the manual that shows the assembly of the power steering lines to the rack and pinion? Appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      95 Jetta 2.0, 92 Cabriolet 1.8, 02 Passat 2.8
      09-16-2019 08:06 PM #2
      "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

4. 09-17-2019 12:52 PM #3
      Thank you!!! Forgot to put washers front and back of banjo. Problem solved. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 09-17-2019 02:11 PM #4
      Yeah, thanks for that. I have a leaking hose on my car (#10 in picture) and a replacement on order from FCP Euro and while I think it will be a straight-forward job to replace it a picture is always nice to orient yourself first.

Vehicles
      95 Jetta 2.0, 92 Cabriolet 1.8, 02 Passat 2.8
      09-18-2019 01:35 PM #5
      Glad I could help.

For future reference these ETKA diagrams are available at a number on online sources (including 7zap.com which I linked to under the picture and also here: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/usa/)
      "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson