VWVortex.com - RLine package
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: RLine package

1. 09-17-2019 03:27 PM #1
      Building a 2019 execuline(Canadian) with RLine package. Can someone explain to me why the 360 camera, park assist, and power fold mirrors get deleted with the RLine upgrade?? It doesn’t make sense to me...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      09-17-2019 03:43 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
      Building a 2019 execuline(Canadian) with RLine package. Can someone explain to me why the 360 camera, park assist, and power fold mirrors get deleted with the RLine upgrade?? It doesn’t make sense to me...
      This has been discussed quite a bit, so feel free to try the search function next time.

Here's the explanation:

The park assistant, and 360 camera are bundled together (probably due to the harness or ecm).

The 360 camera includes the power fold due to the mirror type with cameras.

When you order the R-Line pkg, the body kit does not allow for the park assistant sensors which are mounted on the four side corners of the car.

Therefore, since the park assistant is eliminated, the 360 cam is as well, and the mirrors follow suit.

In the US, there is no way to configure a loaded atlas with R-line. They intentionally cap it a trim below so that this conflict does not occur.