VWVortex.com - Any shops in Portland able to do a 12 valve VR swap in a Mk III Golf??
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Any shops in Portland able to do a 12 valve VR swap in a Mk III Golf??

1. 09-18-2019 12:22 AM #1
      Have a family member who suffered a life changing accident, and is no longer able to drive a stick. He bought a 1996 Golf auto that the engine is getting ready to give up the ghost, and his dream was to drop a 12 valve in it, but my schedule is WAY too busy to assist him.

Just wondering if any shops in Portland could assist with this, maybe install some cams and BVH while they are in there. Would need help locating engine/trans/wiring harness..anything else it would need.

TIA!!
      If God hadn't intended us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat! H. Simpson 2015

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      stage 2 mkV gti
      09-19-2019 02:43 PM #2
      try Double J Motorwerks (503) 253-0800

i go to matrix integrated. not sure if they do engine swaps... if you luck out at double j though l think either logan or jesse @ matrix would be able to point you in the right direction (503) 443-1141

4. Member
      Vehicles
      87 Golf, 15 GTI
      Today 10:50 AM #3
      Ditto. Just moved back from the East CPA’s tans I have MS so finishing up the car before Leavenworth would be my ideal. I used double J all the time 3 years ago and they were great. I’ll give the, a buzz again. Still need to unpack all the car crap.