VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

02J starter?

980 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Wolfsburg48 
#1 ·
So I purchased an 02 Jetta wolfsburg 1.8t 5 speed about a year ago. (most People call it a ****box but I her potential) anyway the starter went (this was before I truly decided to master the art of VW repair) so I didn't bother to count teeth on the Bendix. I got a new starter from Autozone and slapped her in only to grind almost all the teeth not my flywheel, which I now know is not a stock dmf but a highly sought after ultra performance aftermarket flywheel conversion kit. You probably never even heard of the brand. EBay.. Yeah the previous owner figured a "stage 3 racing clutch" was far more important than ball joints or control arm bushings. Anyway after much deliberation with the "experts" at Autozone, there infinite wisdom swears that duralast 17702 is the right starter for my high performance machine. They don't ask which transmission is in the vehicle though.. Has anyone else had issues finding the correct starter? I've found like 2 posts who've

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.