VWVortex.com - EA211 1.4TURBO (Turbo owners that remapped)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: EA211 1.4TURBO (Turbo owners that remapped)

1. 09-24-2019 02:16 AM #1
      Hey guys,

I wanna check a few things on the remap for the EA211 1.4 Turbo.

1. After remap what are your power figures? Stage ?/Remap Company ?/Mods ?
      2. Any problems to far?
      3. Has your fuel consumption improved after the first few months? Cause most likely your first few months your foot is heavy so that's inaccurate

Lastly, did anybody experiences their EA211 turbos failing?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 09-24-2019 08:21 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by ericgohsw View Post
      Hey guys,

I wanna check a few things on the remap for the EA211 1.4 Turbo.

1. After remap what are your power figures? Stage ?/Remap Company ?/Mods ?
      2. Any problems to far?
      3. Has your fuel consumption improved after the first few months? Cause most likely your first few months your foot is heavy so that's inaccurate

Lastly, did anybody experiences their EA211 turbos failing?
      Iím at 200hp with stage 2. Around 1000 Miles since tune. Any problem, and no, I continue with the heavy foot so my fuel evaporates

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

4. 09-24-2019 06:27 PM #3
      At 33k miles now with my Ď17 1.4 tsi auto. Iíve had the unitronic stage 1+ tune since around ~10k miles. 180hp, 235tq on 93 octane

No issues so far. The tune made the car more fun to drive and feels like how it shouldíve come from the factory.

Had an AEM cold air intake installed for a while but went back to stock air box cuz I prefer quiet driving experience.

Mpg on highway bout the same with tune ~40-42mpg on average. City mpg went down slightly ~24-26mpg but Iím not complaining.

All in all Iím pretty satisfied with the car and tune. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to improve their 1.4 tsi performance. Still waiting to see how the engine and trans hold up with the higher boost. Will keep the forum updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 11-11-2019 02:48 PM #4
      I have a couple of dyno runs from mine, setup is the same in terms of hardware the difference is the tune: the first one is with the JB4 map2, the second one is with a custom tune and no JB4.

Hardware:

• RTMG intake
      • Cancelled air/water cooler
      • Custom 2" ss intercooler piping
      • ETL performance intercooler
      • hybrid turbo (compressor side is ~47mm)
      • 2.5" custom turboback (vibrant resonator and 200 cell cat)

JB4 MAP 2 run (185WHP, 221ft-lbs)

Custom tune run (210whp, 236ft-lbs)

Ran the jb4 for about 3000k miles, no issues whatsoever but since the jb4 doesn't deal with fueling and timing on this engine I was concerned about the turbo longevity because my AFR was never lower than 12.6 on WOT probably because of the added air volume from the hybrid turbo, I considered that a tad hot for this turbo/engine.

That's why I decided to go with a custom tune, AFR is 11.8 on WOT and it's a bit richer on the low end as well. The power curve can still be refined a little bit more but now it gives me more peace of mind.

I have had no issues so far with the hybrid turbo and it's supposed to be more resistant but I haven't met anyone with a blown stock turbo locally, I'm starting to think that it was an internet myth when the first few off the shelf tunes were being developed.

As for fuel efficiency, just for cruising it has been better, since I have more torque down low it takes less effort to get to cruise speed and then just maintain it. But I like to track the car, a lot, so that's where you see the decrease in fuel efficiency. You gotta pay to play.

EDit: I couldn't find the stock graph but mine was about 121WHP completely stock and with around 6k miles on the clock, the 90whp increase was well worth it, it's a different car (not golf gti or R brutal but fun track car nonetheless )
      Last edited by blurryeyes; 11-11-2019 at 03:34 PM.

7. 01-18-2020 09:11 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by blurryeyes View Post
      I have a couple of dyno runs from mine, setup is the same in terms of hardware the difference is the tune: the first one is with the JB4 map2, the second one is with a custom tune and no JB4.

Hardware:

• RTMG intake
      • Cancelled air/water cooler
      • Custom 2" ss intercooler piping
      • ETL performance intercooler
      • hybrid turbo (compressor side is ~47mm)
      • 2.5" custom turboback (vibrant resonator and 200 cell cat)

JB4 MAP 2 run (185WHP, 221ft-lbs)

Custom tune run (210whp, 236ft-lbs)

Ran the jb4 for about 3000k miles, no issues whatsoever but since the jb4 doesn't deal with fueling and timing on this engine I was concerned about the turbo longevity because my AFR was never lower than 12.6 on WOT probably because of the added air volume from the hybrid turbo, I considered that a tad hot for this turbo/engine.

That's why I decided to go with a custom tune, AFR is 11.8 on WOT and it's a bit richer on the low end as well. The power curve can still be refined a little bit more but now it gives me more peace of mind.

I have had no issues so far with the hybrid turbo and it's supposed to be more resistant but I haven't met anyone with a blown stock turbo locally, I'm starting to think that it was an internet myth when the first few off the shelf tunes were being developed.

As for fuel efficiency, just for cruising it has been better, since I have more torque down low it takes less effort to get to cruise speed and then just maintain it. But I like to track the car, a lot, so that's where you see the decrease in fuel efficiency. You gotta pay to play.

EDit: I couldn't find the stock graph but mine was about 121WHP completely stock and with around 6k miles on the clock, the 90whp increase was well worth it, it's a different car (not golf gti or R brutal but fun track car nonetheless )
      Would like more info on the tuning software used for your custom map and the hybrid turbo. I'm running a jb4 with a custom map6 and peaking 21-25 psi boost. Still stock turbo but custom intake and have a blow off valve kit. I have seen my map drop to 11.6 afr on jb4s tables at peak boost but actual ecu tuning is what I want to do to install a bigger turbo

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

8. 01-19-2020 10:42 AM #6
      Anyone have transmission issues with stage 2 automatic?

Vehicles
      2017 Volkswagen Jetta S 1.4TSI (Pure White)
      01-19-2020 11:44 AM #7
      I'm a little over 30k miles now and I've had my '17 Jetta 1.4T auto tuned for about 20k.

The car's equipped with the Unitronic stage 1+ tune that nets me in total about 199hp, 241tq on 93 octane.

Additional mods include an AEM intake, AWE cat-back exhaust, H&R sport springs, and MSW performance tires.

Never had any issues with the tune and it's made the car a lot more fun to drive, and really gets the most out of the 1.4T engine.

Mpg doesn't change much as long as you drive normally, however having to use premium gas is $$.

An overall nice tune, just make sure you don't beat on your car and properly maintain it.

Will probably get into a '20 GLI within the next year or so, but will keep the forum updated.

10. 01-19-2020 04:57 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by MoDDeDLyFeVW View Post
      I'm a little over 30k miles now and I've had my '17 Jetta 1.4T auto tuned for about 20k.

The car's equipped with the Unitronic stage 1+ tune that nets me in total about 199hp, 241tq on 93 octane.

Additional mods include an AEM intake, AWE cat-back exhaust, H&R sport springs, and MSW performance tires.

Never had any issues with the tune and it's made the car a lot more fun to drive, and really gets the most out of the 1.4T engine.

Mpg doesn't change much as long as you drive normally, however having to use premium gas is $$.

An overall nice tune, just make sure you don't beat on your car and properly maintain it.

Will probably get into a '20 GLI within the next year or so, but will keep the forum updated.
      Have you noticed like a whirring sound coming from the car at idle like at traffic lights? Sounds like the torque converter or smth Iím not sure. Iíve also had the stage 1+ tune on my 17 auto and itís noticeable if Iíve been driving and then come to a stop. It doesnít do it with the tune off. Maybe itís another one of the accessories but I was worried about it maybe being hard on the torque converter in these cars which apparently disengage when at a stop.

11. 03-14-2020 03:53 AM #9
      follow

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Jetta S 1.4t ( Stage 2 FBO )
      04-04-2020 12:23 PM #10
      My buddy dyno'ed his 1.4tsi 2017 jetta. They calculated 206hp and 271tq. This is with unitronic stage 2 and dp w cai. Custom exhaust. He didn't have the fans running which cost some dyno numbers.

We are hoping for 220hp in the next few months.

13. 05-11-2020 05:17 PM #11
      Been running Unitronic Stage 2 on my '17 Jetta S with the five speed for a year as of the end of this May. About eight thousand miles in, zero issues or complaints, just smiles having a blast using the whole power band without being stupid. Everything is holding remarkably well. I feel like the motor is pretty compliant with tuning, it has a lot going for it as a small four banger. Can't imagine dissatisfaction with any software available for it.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      05-16-2020 01:53 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by matthewrl View Post
      Been running Unitronic Stage 2 on my '17 Jetta S with the five speed for a year as of the end of this May. About eight thousand miles in, zero issues or complaints, just smiles having a blast using the whole power band without being stupid. Everything is holding remarkably well. I feel like the motor is pretty compliant with tuning, it has a lot going for it as a small four banger. Can't imagine dissatisfaction with any software available for it.
      That's awesome to hear! I am loving my Unitronic stage 2 software also! I might get a little curious and jb4 for 1-2more psi

15. 05-18-2020 07:52 PM #13
      Long story short, I was curious too. Knowing our EA211 is small, and has an equally small turbo I did a little research. I emailed Burger Tuning, and was not surprised by the response. On Unitronic Stage 2, we're pretty much at the mercy of the stock turbo. Any more, and it's likely to start eating up turbos. Where we are at with Unitronic software is the sweet spot of power and longevity. That said, to Burger Tuning's credit, any additional power without an upgrade turbo is simply not advised. I do see we have some options out of Europe for upgraded direct replacement turbos that appear promising, but limited selection and a bit expensive. Kinda like how a K04 kit would be to a 2.0T. Gotta say the idea of nearly twice the power out of the 1.4Tsi would be amusing.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2020 09:35 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by matthewrl View Post
      Long story short, I was curious too. Knowing our EA211 is small, and has an equally small turbo I did a little research. I emailed Burger Tuning, and was not surprised by the response. On Unitronic Stage 2, we're pretty much at the mercy of the stock turbo. Any more, and it's likely to start eating up turbos. Where we are at with Unitronic software is the sweet spot of power and longevity. That said, to Burger Tuning's credit, any additional power without an upgrade turbo is simply not advised. I do see we have some options out of Europe for upgraded direct replacement turbos that appear promising, but limited selection and a bit expensive. Kinda like how a K04 kit would be to a 2.0T. Gotta say the idea of nearly twice the power out of the 1.4Tsi would be amusing.
      Yeah, we're basically on the same page. I am just a little hungry for 1-2psi more then I'd be happy. I just feel like theres a little more but Unitronic does a great job with tuning across the board. So yeah your completely right we are in the sweet spot and I love it. I did see that hybrid turbo upgrade thats direct bolt on since its the same turbo. 250hp out of a 1.4t is awesome! But I think that's too expensive and not really practical. So I figured to piggy (JB4) 1-2psi. But idk. Probably going to save for other stuff and for the feature..... R

You know these annoying Civics ( the ones that rev at you at the red lights everyday ) are 1.5Ts and I have seen some overtuned ones running high 200s hp which is impressive too. .

I'm sure you smoke these civics around town though. I do . I love our torque masters

17. 05-18-2020 10:18 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by mk6ChrisKing View Post
      Yeah, we're basically on the same page. I am just a little hungry for 1-2psi more then I'd be happy. I just feel like theres a little more but Unitronic does a great job with tuning across the board. So yeah your completely right we are in the sweet spot and I love it. I did see that hybrid turbo upgrade thats direct bolt on since its the same turbo. 250hp out of a 1.4t is awesome! But I think that's too expensive and not really practical. So I figured to piggy (JB4) 1-2psi. But idk. Probably going to save for other stuff and for the feature..... R

You know these annoying Civics ( the ones that rev at you at the red lights everyday ) are 1.5Ts and I have seen some overtuned ones running high 200s hp which is impressive too. .

I'm sure you smoke these civics around town though. I do . I love our torque masters
      I like your idea however how much is a aftermarket turbo and all the arrangements and welding to make it fit and work and blah blah blah. At least you spend $1k on that upgraded turbo and itís capable of 250hp bolt on, still works with stock tune as well and still a good daily?.
      My idea?
      My car is a 17 5 speed bought with 40 miles. Itís at almost 100k miles with lots of redlines, lots of Full boost WOT and bunch of miles with IE intake and 2.25 inch downpipe to back exhaust with secondary cat removed and a 2.5 inch 14 inch long magnaflow straight thru mufflers the end. It has had some rough ones yet it always pulls hard. Half of its life at 88 octane half of it at 91 octane. Stock clutch and stock everything else. For future I think I want it with the hybrid turbo, air to air Intercooler setup since more power and more airflow from the upgraded turbo. Since I donít have 93 available and it would be a pain to pay $4-5 for 94 octane for stage 2 unitronic for a daily lol I think Iíd stay stage 1. Still 190-210hp for a daily torquey fun car I canít complain at all. Today I was doing a high speed run with another Jetta. Looked like a GLI but prob not. Either way wether itís a 1.4T or 1.8T Iím stock tune with just intake and exhaust. It was onto me maybe by like half a car length but never passed me or caught up. If it was a 1.4T fair but if it was a 1.8T lol I feel bad for all the guys talking about us being so slow and all that and to get a 1.8T/2.0T.