Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: G60 Tuning Help

Vehicles
      1991 G60 Corrado, 2006 5sp Golf, 1982 VW Rabbit GTI
      09-26-2019 02:32 PM #1
      My G60 has had no mods.
      Since I've bought it I've had an issue with the "CAT" warning light coming on almost instantly.
      I've got time this weekend and plan on having an old buddy help me diagnose.
      The timing belt, spark plugs, cap, rotor and wires were replaced 30000kms ago and nothing changed.
      Car was getting 6L/100kms leisurely drives - 9.5L/100kms pushing it, so seems good.
      Just replaced the charger with a Stage II-III one (while I save to rebuild it with BBM) keeping the pulley and chip unchanged.
      Before replacing plugs, cap, rotor and wires I hoped to address what this could be.

Should I remove the ISV and clean/soak?
      If so, what's the best way?
      Some say to do an ISV delete, but I prefer to keep everything stock.
      Still appreciate your remarks...
      I do still have original charcoal filter and hoses running (have had some recommend removing this)

Buddy has a timing light so also want to check and verify the timing is correct.
      Appreciate response on the best way to do this.
      Either in your own words or opinion on the best link to use for neither him or I have ever done so on a G60.

Thanks in advance for your help
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
      But rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn-out and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1991 G60 Corrado, 2006 5sp Golf, 1982 VW Rabbit GTI
      10-20-2019 05:09 PM #2
      All checks out, timing is as outlined in the Bentley.

Any ideas why my CAT lights comes on right away and stays on?
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body.
      But rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn-out and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride!!