VWVortex.com - Want to fix your throttle response issues?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Want to fix your throttle response issues?

09-15-2020 03:59 PM #451
      Quote Originally Posted by JODZ View Post
      So my update on this past Friday I had sent an email to US CEO of VWOA, I was contacted by their executive complaint department. Apparently they reached back out to VW's Retention department and they came back offering me 15% off MSRP on a New Vehicle or certified used. I advised that isn't customer friendly or acceptable at all. I filed a complaint with the Auto Division of the BBB that handles arbitration for VW and they advised me all of the information I provided was received and nothing further is needed. VWOA responded that they would enter the arbitration via phone as they just want me to wait for them to figure out the fix for my car and be released from having to replace my vehicle. My truck has been out of my possession for over 45 days total. I was required by my dealer to return their loaner this past Saturday. My car didn't hesitate when driving it home, but I don't trust that this isn't still going to be an issue. I haven't driven it since I brought it home. They told me they replaced the N80 valve, O2 sensor, and the breather valve, which is what they think fixed the issue. Mind you the dealer advised me when asked that none of the parts replaced showed to actually be failing.

If it doesn't go well with the BBB, I'll be filing in Civil Court next. The worst part is VW hasn't offered me anything for the inconvenience I've been put through, especially since the Dealership verified the severe safety issue.

So did you mention above the car is not hesitating now since they did the changes? I know it is likely not a true fix, but just curious.
      2018 GTI SE DSG
      2018 Tiguan 4MO SELP, R-Line, 7 Pass, APR TUNE (aka JJ)
      2004 Volvo XC70 (aka Eleanor)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2018 SEL Premium R-Line Tiguan White-Silver
      09-16-2020 01:14 AM #452
      Quote Originally Posted by christophe15 View Post
      So did you mention above the car is not hesitating now since they did the changes? I know it is likely not a true fix, but just curious.
      I have not as of yet. I really haven't had a chance to drive it since bringing it home. The last time I brought it home it was 3 days later that the issue had returned. My feeling is that the parts they replaced were that based on guessing, since none of the parts were showing thru their own diagnostic equipment to be failing, so there's no way they could convince me that this is actually a fix. I thought the vehicle was fixed in July 2019 when they completed the TSB. And if I wasn't able to produce the most recent check engine light, VWOA had no intentions of allowing/paying for the dealer to trouble shoot an issue that was not throwing any faults or codes. Even prior to the last 2 items replaced the dealership was able to clear all faults and codes and the car was still severely hesitating and not accelerating. That in itself scares the **** out of me, because without the last check engine light they were going to do nothing, and would have never taken the actual time to reproduce the issue. That aside I did get a chance to drive it a bit today, and it didn't hesitate. Now I don't know if the issue lies with the weather being very hot or humid, but today it barely hit 70 in NJ.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 S 4Motion
      09-16-2020 07:39 AM #453
      Real bummer on your Tig. That VW won't make it right now that they have acknowledged there is a problem is very discouraging. For similar complaints and to see that you are not alone in your problem you can look here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/V...TIGUAN/SUV/AWD You have to scroll down a ways to get to the complaints.

I know a guy that works for one of the major car makers and most of his job involves testing and troubleshooting sensor issues on both pre and post production vehicles. Cars today are rolling computer networks where even the sensors are "smart" and have built in software controlling their output (written by the sensor manufacturer not the auto company). So between the hardware and all the software interactions it can be quite challenging to get to the root cause of some issues, especially the intermittent ones that need just the right combination of inputs to occur.

Anyhow, judging from how that manufacturer handles issues, it would be disappointing if VW doesn't know what is going on at this point. The customer complaints and the time the dealers have spent diagnosing this should have put the issue on VW's warranty cost radar and that should have triggered their engineers to figure out what is going on, if only to minimize warranty costs, to avoid a costly recall or to avoid costly lawsuits should someone die because their Tig refused to accelerate at the wrong time (I am assuming customer satisfaction isn't enough for them to do anything since it appears they don't care). VW may have decided it is not worth correcting, but they darn well should have looked into it and figured out what is happening by now.

It seems you are now in a bind. If they say they've fixed it then you will have to prove that they didn't by driving the car until it has the problem again. I can definitely understand the reluctance to drive it with the uncertainty of it randomly not accelerating. Hopefully you'll get this resolved to your satisfaction. Our Tig isn't as bad as yours, but it's inconsistent acceleration is annoying and given VW's response to your problem this will definitely be our last VW product.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion | 2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium (Sold)
      09-16-2020 09:03 PM #454
      Appears that VW has turned this TSB into a service campaign / recall today, September 16th 2020. They say it’s for emissions but they also mention how it improves drivability. It’s showing up for 2018 and 2019 VINs. Hopefully someone with a 2018 can get this done and report back on if it updates drivability and fixes the 2018 hesitation. I’ve already had the TSB done for my 2018 (although my VIN still says I need this recall)

https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW Tiguan SE, 2000 Audi A6 2.7T, 1999.5 VW Jetta GLS VR6
      09-16-2020 09:09 PM #455
      Maybe someone that has had the TSB and everything feels right can do it... I'd rather not have to deal with getting my ECU reflashed by APR

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

7. Member
      09-16-2020 09:23 PM #456
      Quote Originally Posted by D3Audi View Post
      Appears that VW has turned this TSB into a service campaign / recall today, September 16th 2020. They say it’s for emissions but they also mention how it improves drivability. It’s showing up for 2018 and 2019 VINs. Hopefully someone with a 2018 can get this done and report back on if it updates drivability and fixes the 2018 hesitation. I’ve already had the TSB done for my 2018 (although my VIN still says I need this recall)

https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/

Thanks for this, my VIN is eligible. I'm guessing the software fix part of the TSB was the real fix and now they're applying to to all the affected cars.If the hardware swaps are really part of it, I'm guessing someone will sell those parts aftermarket at some point.
      Scheduling...

8. Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2020 09:29 PM #457
      I think it’s kind of funny how VW cites elevated emissions as the reason for this. This has September 2015 TDI vibes. Just kidding

Here’s a screenshot I obtained from a friend who works at a dealer.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2020 Tiguan HL R-Line
      09-16-2020 10:06 PM #458
      So this includes the 2020's .....

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R, 2020 Tiguan SEL AWD
      09-17-2020 07:16 AM #459
      Quote Originally Posted by jonese View Post
      So this includes the 2020's .....
      Yup. Service campaign Just showed up for my 2020.

11. Junior Member
      09-17-2020 07:30 AM #460
      Is this the same ECU/TCM update that the 2018s received in the TSB?

12. Member
      Vehicles
      09-17-2020 09:08 AM #461
      Quote Originally Posted by robbery85 View Post
      Is this the same ECU/TCM update that the 2018s received in the TSB?
      No. It’s just a software update. TSB had parts with it (but arguably they weren’t necessary). Someone with a 2018 is gonna have to get this transmission control module (TCM) update and report back on if it fixes the lag. It could also do nothing... I can only assume it will be similar drivability improvements compared to the TSB because if they’re reprogramming the transmission - They’re most likely updating the software to the latest programming behavior. (Maybe someone can confirm this?)

The biggest part of the TSB that helps drivability is the TCM software update.

Vehicles
      09-17-2020 10:17 AM #462
      No. It’s just a software update. TSB had parts with it (but arguably they weren’t necessary). Someone with a 2018 is gonna have to get this transmission control module (TCM) update and report back on if it fixes the lag. It could also do nothing... I can only assume it will be similar drivability improvements compared to the TSB because if they’re reprogramming the transmission - They’re most likely updating the software to the latest programming behavior. (Maybe someone can confirm this?)

The biggest part of the TSB that helps drivability is the TCM software update.

I'm actually calling my dealer right now. Since I was required to pick up my truck on 9/11/2020, while I haven't felt it hesitate per say, my truck feels excessively slow, and almost as the brakes are being applied while removing my foot from the accelerator. Let's see how this goes. Wish me luck.

14. Member
      09-17-2020 02:17 PM #463
      ...Someone with a 2018 is gonna have to get this transmission control module (TCM) update and report back on if it fixes the lag. ...

Scheduled for the 22nd.

Vehicles
      09-17-2020 06:42 PM #464
      Quote Originally Posted by gerardrjj View Post
      Scheduled for the 22nd.
      I'm bringing mine in tomorrow.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 6Speed MT, 2019 Tiguan SEL
      09-17-2020 07:59 PM #465
      ...truck...
      Tiguan =truck
      Last edited by OEMplusCC; 09-17-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Today 01:06 AM #466
      Quote Originally Posted by gerardrjj View Post
      Scheduled for the 22nd.
      I'm bringing mine in tomorrow.
      Any news?
      2018 GTI SE DSG
      2018 Tiguan 4MO SELP, R-Line, 7 Pass, APR TUNE (aka JJ)
      2004 Volvo XC70 (aka Eleanor)

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 R, 2018 Tiguan
      Today 03:48 PM #467
      Quote Originally Posted by christophe15 View Post
      Any news?
      In for updates.

Scheduled my 2018 to get the recall on Tuesday, will report back then if nobody else chimes in.

19. Member
      Today 06:01 PM #468
      Just drove home. Night and day.
      Do this!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819