VWVortex.com - Problem with the fuel cap
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Problem with the fuel cap

1. 10-03-2019 04:22 AM #1
      Colleagues, I have a strange problem,
      When I lock the car door with the remote control, the doors are locked but the tank cap itself opens.I close the cap, but when I use the remote again, the cap opens again.I thought I had a problem with the buttons on the driver's door,I replaced them with new ones, but the problem remains.Each time I use the remote control, the cap opens on its own.Does anyone have an idea where the problem is from?
      Last edited by tihoto; 10-03-2019 at 09:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2008 VW Passat 3.6l 4motion
      10-03-2019 10:02 AM #2
      Huh? Did you ask in a language other than english and then use Google translate? I don't understand what you are asking.
      2008 Passat VR6 3.6 4Motion Wagon, 2010 MINI Cooper S, Dnepr MT-16 motorcycle

4. 10-03-2019 11:42 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by DneprDave View Post
      Huh? Did you ask in a language other than english and then use Google translate? I don't understand what you are asking.
      Is that better now?
      Yes, English is not my native language, I try to do what I can.
      Last edited by tihoto; 10-03-2019 at 11:45 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-04-2019 12:02 PM #4
      That is an interesting symptom. You'll need a wiring diagram. Both of those circuits have switches on the door, so it could easily be a wire that has rubbed through. I'm not sure of this, but if they both go through bcm logic, you may be looking at that as well. Do you have anything aftermarket on the car? Alarm or remote start?

7. 10-07-2019 10:51 PM #5
      Thanks, I have nothing on the car aftarmarket.When I tested the connector of the cap opening machine, every time I pressed the button on the remote,there was an impulse to open the cap.
      I may have a problem in the central locking module.

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      10-10-2019 01:20 PM #6
      Passat B6 don’t have BCM, they have CECM. The fuel cap signal is generated by the CCM, check wiring to CCM, check coding on CCM, if that’s good most likely your CCM is on its way out.
      Keep in mind that Passat CCM holds immo not cluster when considering CCM replacement.
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v