VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

DSG7 DQ200 VW Jetta Hybrid SEL not shifting

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Annadarah777 
#1 ·
Sorry if the formatting is a little wonkie, I am on mobile.

For the past few months I have been having shifting issues, all even gears would not work and I would only have Odd gears untill I turned it off than back on again. Finally got enough money to take it in and got the transmission fluid replaced, and now it won't move (looking to see if there were any metallic shavings to verify the whole tranny wasn't going) and now that the dealership flushed twice, it won't shift into any gears. I already knew the mechatronic was failing, going to due it myself when I verified metallic shavings were not going to be an issue, (even shifting only with fault code P0841) and now I get fault codes:
P176E - clutch 2 opens unintentionally
P0841 - transmission fluid pressure sensor/switch A range/performance
P076B - gear selector switch 2 can not be regulated
P0841 - transmission fluid pressuresensor/switch A range/
P073B - stuck in Gear 6
P072B - stuck in reverse
P072D - stuck in Gear 2
P073A - stuck in Gear 5
P1895 - Function restriction : Due to pressure Drop
P189C - Function Restriction : Due to insufficient pressure build-up
P073B - stuck in Gear 6
P176E - clutch 2 opens unintentionally

The mechatronic has already been replaced and still it will not shift. I verified the correct mineral oil was put in...I can't afford a $4400 used transmission, and definitely not a new transmission.

Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had similar issue: I drove from A to be (less than a mile) and 10 mins later I went to my car, started it, put in drive, but no shifting and moving. I had the code read:
P072D - stuck in Gear 2
P073B - stuck in Gear 6
P0868 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Low (pending)
U1026 Status: CONFIRMED/PENDING - Transmission control mdule read out DTC (10341)
P0456 EVAP Emmision Control Sys (very small leak) Leak detected (11954)
P0366 Camshaft pos sensor "B" cir (bank 1) Range/Performance (4511)
P057B Brake Pedal Position sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance (13805)

I am reading online so far while I don't know for sure what my issue is it looks like the transmission of the VW Jetta Hybrid has lots of issue but unfortunaltely I am just above 60000miles which is the max of the powertrain warranty.

Has anybody have this issue and how they had it resolved?
Has anyone had their hybrid transmission replaced to a non-dealer shop?

#3 ·
Hey guys, just wondering how you got this resolved, and whether you got it resolved? I had my mechatronic replaced and the car won't even take basic settings at this point, so my car is just sitting in my driveway. Dealer offered $7800 transmission replacement and I declined that offer.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.