VWVortex.com - Any new 2019/2020 Touraegs?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Any new 2019/2020 Touraegs?

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-03-2019 10:17 AM #1
      Anyone have a new EU Touareg yet? I know this site is predominantly US, but would love to see a real-life version.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Honda Civic SI(gone), 2003 A4 1.8T 5MT, 1987 Porsche 944(gone), 2006 VW Passat 3.6 Sport 2 (Dai
      10-03-2019 10:34 AM #2
      A guy I work with has a family friend back in Germany who has one. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-03-2019 12:34 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisjackd View Post
      A guy I work with has a family friend back in Germany who has one. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
      Awesome thanks! If we end up moving overseas for my husband's work, it will mostly likely be the car we get.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-06-2019 08:42 AM #4
      Bums me out that we in NAhave been selected to not get the best of what VW makes. We are now getting US styled cars and suvs that I don't want. I can always buy a Tahoe,No interest.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat VR6 4Motion
      10-06-2019 08:59 AM #5
      In all honesty I would not have been able to afford one if they bought that Touareg stateside. I usually like to buy my cars about 2-3 years old when they are in the $35-45k price range and come as Certified with Warranty.

Went to Netherlands and Portugal in August and seen them on the road. Gorgeous SUVs and one that I’d buy over any other competing brands.

I think this is why they won’t bring it stateside, will be way too expensive when you can always go next door and get a BMW or Mercedes with 3rd rows or others with Captain chairs in 2nd row which is very practical for many families.

The Atlas solves all these problems and keeps those buyers in the VW family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      SOLD-2008 Passat Komfort 2.0TSI (APR Tune), 2011 Touareg VR6 Lux, 02 Pasat GLS, 2009 A4 Avant
      10-08-2019 04:30 PM #6
      Have you seen the Audi Q8, that is pretty much the same as the 2019 and later Touareg you get outside of North America
      https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q8

Under the VW badge VAG knew that selling a $60K plus 5 seater SUV in NA would not produce acceptable sales #'s

There is not a single vehicle offered by VW in the NA markets with multi-link front suspension, need to look at an Audi or BMW for that

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat VR6 4Motion
      10-08-2019 04:41 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by rcprato View Post
      Have you seen the Audi Q8, that is pretty much the same as the 2019 and later Touareg you get outside of North America
      https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q8

Under the VW badge VAG knew that selling a $60K plus 5 seater SUV in NA would not produce acceptable sales #'s

There is not a single vehicle offered by VW in the NA markets with multi-link front suspension, need to look at an Audi or BMW for that
      Isn’t the Q8 much smaller than the new Touaregs though? Similar looks but it sort of has the very low roof clearance like the BMW X6 which are the worse Bimmers created.

Vehicles
      SOLD-2008 Passat Komfort 2.0TSI (APR Tune), 2011 Touareg VR6 Lux, 02 Pasat GLS, 2009 A4 Avant
      10-09-2019 09:34 AM #8
      I think the Q8 has a slightly sloped rear roof line and not as high (boxy) as the new generation Touareg but the 2 vehicles are very similar in most of the other aspects.

If the new generation Touareg was available in the US there would be one in our driveway today, I am very disappointed in VW's decision and I'm 100% certain our next SUV will not be an Atlas.

I have not driven a Q7 but that is going to be a contender even though we don't need the 3rd row at this point in our lives, possibly a SQ5 or X3 with the inline 6 twin turbocharged engine will fill the void ofthe Touareg for us.

There is a decent supply of the above vehicles in the 2 to 3 year old Certified Used Inventory I see around but it is going to cost more than what i would like to spend to keep in an SUV that is comparable to our current Touareg IMO.

VW forced me to move to Audi when it came time to replace my 08 Passat, the quality of the car was disappointing and the driving experience was not as driver oriented as my previous 05 Passat so now I am driving an A4

The old VW slogan "Drivers Wanted" no longer applies to who VW is luring to buy their vehicles in North America, again that is my opinion and almost all my cars since the mid 80's have been VW's
      Last edited by rcprato; 10-09-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-10-2019 01:17 PM #9
      I still want to see pics of one in person one. And the Q8, while shared architecture, is an SUV coupe with a slanted roof line and pillarless windows. Not really in the same class even though it is in the same size category (mid-size). The Q8 is more akin to the Urus (Lambo SUV) than the Touareg though.
      Last edited by ice4life; 10-10-2019 at 01:27 PM.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat VR6 4Motion
      10-10-2019 03:03 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      I still want to see pics of one in person one. And the Q8, while shared architecture, is an SUV coupe with a slanted roof line and pillarless windows. Not really in the same class even though it is in the same size category (mid-size). The Q8 is more akin to the Urus (Lambo SUV) than the Touareg though.
      Spot on, exactly.

Vehicles
      10-10-2019 03:53 PM #11
      SUV Coupe is probably best description I’ve heard for the Q8, what would you consider a comparable replacement for Touareg that can be purchased new or 2/3 year old CPO in North America ?
      We did a trip last weekend to lower Hudson Valley area north of NYC and driving Touareg is invigorating! Might sound weird but I really look forward to spending time driving that vehicle especially winding through the Catskills on RT 17 doing 75mph

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      10-11-2019 11:18 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by rcprato View Post
      SUV Coupe is probably best description I’ve heard for the Q8, what would you consider a comparable replacement for Touareg that can be purchased new or 2/3 year old CPO in North America ?
      We did a trip last weekend to lower Hudson Valley area north of NYC and driving Touareg is invigorating! Might sound weird but I really look forward to spending time driving that vehicle especially winding through the Catskills on RT 17 doing 75mph

Surprisingly, my grand Cherokee overland was on par with my touareg exec. I owned a 2011 Touareg TDI exec, and a 2017 gc overland. That would be my ultimate recommendation.