Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: confused owner of a 17

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan 2.0L
      10-17-2019 10:54 PM #1
      Wish to do a bunch of upgrades: Headlights, (not HID) Likely just a lamp change Recommendations? Found a hitch, easy installation, found fog lights, and the plastic trim for them but cant seem to find the harness anywhere behind the dummy plate. Do these vehicles not come prewired for virtually everything? Is there a fog light wiring kit? Also found a factory roof rack and discovered that there is some substantial wind noise at speeds over 50......
      Are there papers on factory or aftermarket adds for these cars that do not mess with the computer?
      All assistance is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      10-18-2019 12:28 AM #2
      Nothing is pre-wired for the car.

Fog lights: you need to buy the headlight switch also.

There are 2 ways to install: relay method (ECS tuning has the harness, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...lbs/1ko998005/)
      or BCM (which is the OE installation), which then you can code it to do things. It's easier to do the relay method.

Headlight bulbs? Philips XtremeVision. But beware, shorter life on them.
      https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/p...on-130-h7-twin

Not much options for the DRL/High beam H13 from the brand name manufacturers.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan 2.0L
      10-18-2019 12:51 AM #3
      Thanks for the info.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL, 2018 Ford F150 Lariat 4WD, 2006 Mazda Miata w/Cosworth SC
      10-18-2019 04:37 PM #4
      I have HID on my Tig and they are pretty good...
      But...FWIW, no halogen bulb could make the headlights on my 2018 F-150 acceptable...the headlights are simply pathetic. I bought and installed Nineo LEDs(low beam only) and re-aimed the lights slightly lower...not sure I needed to though. The difference is "night and day". I'll never go back to halogens...on the F-150. Since I bought the Nineos there are other brands available that are probably better. The only caveat is that the rubber cover did not fit with the larger "cooled" bulbs so I had to spring for different covers that are readily available.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Tiguan SE 2.0t 4-mo, 2001.5 a4 5sp, 1998 a4, 1997 GTI VR6, 1996 Jetta TDI
      11-01-2019 08:33 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by busychild View Post
      Wish to do a bunch of upgrades: Headlights, (not HID) Likely just a lamp change Recommendations? Found a hitch, easy installation, found fog lights, and the plastic trim for them but cant seem to find the harness anywhere behind the dummy plate. Do these vehicles not come prewired for virtually everything? Is there a fog light wiring kit? Also found a factory roof rack and discovered that there is some substantial wind noise at speeds over 50......
      Are there papers on factory or aftermarket adds for these cars that do not mess with the computer?
      All assistance is appreciated.
      There is a vendor here that makes killer retrofits. Check out these HID's for your Tiguan:
      https://www.becautoparts.com/product...hid-headlights
      I85_305
      DO NOT EMAIL ME on here, my email address assigned to my username is inaccessible and I will never be able to get your emails.
      Buy my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 5spd https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...a-GLS-TDI-5spd

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Audi SQ5, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 7MT, 2010 Audi S4 6MT. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro
      11-01-2019 11:35 AM #6
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ector-Housings

DeAuto HID conversion kit for sale...brand-new...$90 This fits any car with a H7 halogen bulb.
      Last edited by CC'ed; 11-01-2019 at 11:38 AM.