VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2009 GTI 2-dr Manual, 101k miles, Clean.

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  biodeez 
#1 · (Edited)
[SUP]SOLD[/SUP] SOLD sold sold sold.

For Sale, my 2009 GTI 6-spd. Just 101k miles, no mechanical issues, minimal mods, pulls hard. $5800 o.b.o.

I am the third owner of this car. I was very glad to find it and give it some TLC over the past year and change, as the second owner had let it sit and rot a bit while he was traveling/living abroad for a couple years. It needed a clutch master cylinder before it could be driven, new tires, alignment, and badly needed a bath inside and out. Despite being only 9 years old with just 92k miles, there was sadly a good deal of fender and rocker rust creeping in (more on that below). But now she is back to full health, and looking sharp! Only selling it to help finance an electric car for the wife, and because we have too many cars; I'll probably miss this car dearly once she's gone.

x-default
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
IMG_0304
Untitled

- TSI 2.0L motor is running strong, no leaks or funny noises. Trans is shifting well and clutch works perfectly. Brakes are new all around (previous owner did shortly before selling).
- Within last 8k miles: clutch master cylinder, two synthetic oil changes, new NGK iridium spark plugs, PCV assembly, diverter valve (controls turbo/boost), new xenon headlight bulbs
- A few new performance mods in last 8k miles as well. I was laying a foundation for some more serious power modding, but decided to pump the brakes and just enjoy things as-is. Up to you whether to continue any further!
* Custom short ram air filter (AEM dry-flow) connected to USP turbo intake pipe.
* Neuspeed Turbo outlet adapter and pipe (to intercooler)
* USP Intercooler to throttle body pipe
* ECS-tuning exhaust resonator delete. The stock exhaust was just too quiet, now it sounds great, but not to loud and no drone (hope you agree).
* No ECU tuning; all stock programming. I was always tempted to get a 3" downpipe and go with stage 2 tuning, but honestly it would probably just be overkill. Already rips hard as-is!

- Infotainment head-unit upgraded to a new VW 6.5" touchscreen with apple car-play and android mirror-link. Perfect OEM integration, functionality and appearance. Plug and play for a back-up camera with a simple wiring job.
- All season rubber floor mats
- BRAND NEW and professionally installed/painted front fenders, rocker panels, and drivers side rear quarter panel. Replaced by VW under their 12-year corrosion warranty. I fought with the dealer to demand these repairs, so now you won't have to! At this point almost half of the vehicle exterior is brand new metal with professionally matched paint job. She looks terrific and will continue to do so for many many years to come.

The car is now sitting on the silver 17" VW alloys that originally came on my wife's 2010 passat. With 4 Falken 225/45/17s, front two almost brand new, rear two a bit older but plenty of tread left.

The black wheels pictured are 18x8" Motegi MR118s and are available separately for purchase if anyone is interested. Two tires are almost new, but the other two are older and no longer well balanced. All hold air fine though, I was driving on them until yesterday.

I honestly cant think of any other negatives of import to point out about the car. There are a couple little door dings that bug me. Windshield has one good chip (no cracks). The drivers seat fabric colors aren't as bright as the passengers side. The tail pipes don't shine up as well as I'd like. Really just nit-picky stuff honestly.

Come check it out! Car is located near Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI. Only 30 mins from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) if you want to fly in.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I hear you, man. I've got my MKV up for sale here and a few other local outlets as well, and have gotten just a few bites.

My VW dealer has made an attractive offer on trade-in for the car, which is getting more attractive by the day if I do want to jump into a MK7R, which was my plan.

On the other hand; there's nothing my car needs and it drives great, so I might just stick to driving it for another few years if I can't get the value out of it that should be there. Clean /fun cars that needs for not much or nothing. If I could have gotten a car like this for $6-8K when I was 16-25 years old, I'd have been all over it!

GLWS!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.