VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1984 Rabbit GTI 16v Project

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rickyja42 
#1 ·
I've decided to sell my GTI, for real this time. I want the cash for other things more than I want it. I check the board semi-frequently, but if you want to get a hold of me quick text the number in the craigslist ad.

$2500, Hurdle Mills, NC

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/hurdle-mills-1984-vw-rabbit-gti-16v/7008740378.html

Copied from craigslist:
I'm selling my rabbit. I've put a bunch of work into it but I'm ready for something else. I will not part this car out. Currently the engine is removed so I could paint the engine bay, that's how I'm selling it. It comes with 90% of what you need to make it work, you just need the final things and time. Comes with a complete '82 diesel parts car that has any miscellaneous pieces you need. I would really really love for this car to go to someone who will take it the rest of the way.

Body:
Brand new driver's floor and patched passenger's. POR painted, seam sealed, seam welded. Done right.
Light surface rust on the roof, patina over the whole car, would look awesome with a buff.
One rust hole behind the RR tire, the parts car has a good panel. No other rust in the car.
Rare hella fog light grill.
Zender rear hatch spoiler, missing the ends, this is how I got it.
BBS RA wheels.
Sunroof does not leak and works well.
The windshield does leak some but is not rusty, just needs replaced.

Interior:
Red dash, door panels, console in good shape.
Brand New NOS VW carpet.
Noico sound deadener and insulation throughout.
A set of stock gauges is included.
The stock wiring harness is in there in good shape, comes with a spare that's in worse shape.
HVAC has been converted to the rare non-ac box. The rain tray has been welded up and sealed to fit correctly.
Blue back seat, grey front seats.
Hatch carpet included, but I don't have a headliner.

Drivetrain:
Scirocco 16v with all new seals and gaskets installed. New rod bolts as well, I just removed the caps to check condition.
Baffled race oil pan.
Comes with two golf 16v transmissions in good shape with correct axles.
New clutch
New mounts
Oil cooler
4-2-1 tube header
Comes with a stock intake manifold, I'm keeping the carbs.

Suspension/brakes:
New pads & rotors up front, new shoes in the rear.
Bilstein shocks all around, needs a better set of coilover springs to be driveable.
No front sway bar, huge rear sway bar.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.