VWVortex.com - New BMW M2 CS
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 53

    Thread: New BMW M2 CS

    1. Member GTI_CH's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2001
      Posts
      5,179
      Vehicles
      17 330i F31
      11-05-2019 10:35 PM #26
      That carbon transmission tunnel is pretty sick. Crazy they made that just for 2200 cars. I'm reading on the forums that the car will start at 95k EUR in Europe. That is 1.9 times the base price of an [email protected] Comp in Germany... seems, well, excessive.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 11-05-2019 11:56 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Final hurrah before this thing goes FWD?
      Thankfully only the Gran Coupe will be FWD I think. The coupe will be RWD but it will have big ol' grilles (though not as big as the upcoming 4 series).

    4. Member Mike0105's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 1999
      Location
      Belle Mead, NJ
      Posts
      13,697
      Vehicles
      M2 + LR4
      11-06-2019 09:13 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI_CH View Post
      That carbon transmission tunnel is pretty sick. Crazy they made that just for 2200 cars. I'm reading on the forums that the car will start at 95k EUR in Europe. That is 1.9 times the base price of an [email protected] Comp in Germany... seems, well, excessive.
      I'm #1 on a waitlist at the dealer where I purchased my M2 from but at around 100k I can't justify this car. It's an awesome package with really impressive numbers but at that price I'm shopping for a Porsche GT car. It'll be interesting to see where this is ultimately priced in the US and if it ends up sitting on dealer lots like the M4 and M3 CS did
      Mike

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,432
      11-06-2019 09:32 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike0105 View Post
      I'm #1 on a waitlist at the dealer where I purchased my M2 from but at around 100k I can't justify this car. It's an awesome package with really impressive numbers but at that price I'm shopping for a Porsche GT car. It'll be interesting to see where this is ultimately priced in the US and if it ends up sitting on dealer lots like the M4 and M3 CS did
      Mike
      I think that was the problem with the M3 CS and M4 CS, you hit that 100k price point and what it starts having to compete with some really good vehicles. I'm still trying to find out if my dealer will even get an allocation for this one but they finally did move the M4 CS that had been there for a year or so.
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

    6. Member Nealric's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2013
      Posts
      7,217
      Vehicles
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      11-06-2019 09:41 AM #30
      I love it, but I'm afraid this is the BMW equivalent of the Subaru S209: it's for the hardcore fanboys- not for folks who want the best value for the money.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      4,683
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      11-06-2019 10:31 AM #31
      There has to be a Z4M coming too. I feel like the hardcore fanboys would rather have that

      Plus there are crazier C8s coming and **** like the Evora and Cayman GT4. A problematic proposition

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 7th, 2016
      Posts
      1,739
      Vehicles
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      11-06-2019 10:42 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      There has to be a Z4M coming too. I feel like the hardcore fanboys would rather have that

      Plus there are crazier C8s coming and **** like the Evora and Cayman GT4. A problematic proposition
      BMW has stated several times there will be no full M version of the current Z4. They are too busy building "Competition" CUVs because that is what sells.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,528
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      11-06-2019 11:25 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI_CH View Post
      That carbon transmission tunnel is pretty sick. Crazy they made that just for 2200 cars. I'm reading on the forums that the car will start at 95k EUR in Europe. That is 1.9 times the base price of an [email protected] Comp in Germany... seems, well, excessive.
      Yeah, it really is. I know they race M240i's; I wonder if it's a race-car-parts-bin thing? Either way its awesome.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2013
      Location
      Düsseldorf
      Posts
      2,598
      Vehicles
      997 GTS | BMW M2
      11-06-2019 11:44 AM #34
      this looks neat. I'll be glad to find bits and bobs to add to my OG version. but probably not much.

      for me personally.. its one of those diminishing returns things. The M2 is very convincing as a daily driver. As an all out sports car it becomes less so. And as the cost for one climbs the argument for it becomes less valid.

    11. Member RENOG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      4,668
      11-06-2019 11:47 AM #35
      Always loved this color. Such a porky little piglet this thing is.

    12. Member MrRoboto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2000
      Location
      VHHH
      Posts
      5,010
      Vehicles
      E82M / W177 A35 / MSX125
      11-06-2019 11:48 AM #36
      I think the problem with this car is that on paper the specs and the way they modified this car looks terrific. But it seems that in recent years BMW special edition cars are not the experience you tend to pay for judging by the reviews, unlike special edition Porsches, for example.

      But it does look the part, that's for sure.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2004
      Location
      Denver/Frankfurt
      Posts
      2,432
      11-06-2019 12:08 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      BMW has stated several times there will be no full M version of the current Z4. They are too busy building "Competition" CUVs because that is what sells.
      When their Competition CUVs that would be in the same price bracket as a Z4M do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.6 @ 119 mph, pull .97G on the skidpad and stop from 70 in 147 feet at least they have the performance aspect of them nailed down.
      19 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4 6MT JCW Tuning Kit
      18 BMW X3 M40i
      17 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription P*

    14. Member fknlo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2004
      Location
      CO
      Posts
      2,366
      Vehicles
      05 S2000, 15 M3, 17 GTI Sport
      11-06-2019 01:22 PM #38
      Hopefully this will keep M2C prices reasonable if I'm ever shopping for a replacement for my F80. Because the G80 looks like it's gonna be a hard pass.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      4,683
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      11-06-2019 03:21 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by fknlo View Post
      Hopefully this will keep M2C prices reasonable if I'm ever shopping for a replacement for my F80. Because the G80 looks like it's gonna be a hard pass.
      Not a fan of Bugs Bunny?

    16. Member TurboREX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2006
      Location
      Fancy CT
      Posts
      5,272
      Vehicles
      e92, LS1 S30, mk2 GTi vr6, R8 V10
      11-06-2019 03:24 PM #40
      this thing is going to be worth a lottttta money in 10 years, you heard it here first

    17. Senior Member bzcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      24,029
      11-06-2019 09:56 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by fknlo View Post
      Hopefully this will keep M2C prices reasonable if I'm ever shopping for a replacement for my F80. Because the G80 looks like it's gonna be a hard pass.
      You and me and every other F80 owner leasing their car right now... M2C probably will not depreciate very much at all. Maybe the first phase M2 with the old engine will come down more in price.

    18. Member vasillalov's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 4th, 2003
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      8,391
      Vehicles
      2008 BMW 335i, 2010 Rav4 V6 Ltd.
      11-07-2019 08:57 AM #42
      This ticks all the boxes for me and I want one so bad. Sadly, I bought a new house and currently going through renovations. Might not have all the cash I need to get this.
      Quote Originally Posted by MAG58 View Post
      Please consider your audience before saying something sensible. 80% of TCL drivers were actually banned from Formula 1 for being too fast.
      A turbocharger is a device in where exhaust gases go in, witchcraft happens, and then you go faster.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2009
      Posts
      718
      Vehicles
      19 Accord 2.0t, 10AT, stock!
      11-07-2019 10:45 AM #43
      Carbon fiber everything. Even on the bottom of the car, to raise the price and center of gravity.

      I want one. Love the electronic locking rear diff, in theory.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2006
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,282
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      11-07-2019 11:43 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by StopSweatinMe View Post
      I want one. Love the electronic locking rear diff, in theory.
      Is it supposed to be any different than the standard M2 with the Active M Diff?

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2009
      Posts
      718
      Vehicles
      19 Accord 2.0t, 10AT, stock!
      11-08-2019 02:06 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1.8t View Post
      Is it supposed to be any different than the standard M2 with the Active M Diff?
      Not a clue, but sounds convincingly different.

    22. Member Mike0105's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 1999
      Location
      Belle Mead, NJ
      Posts
      13,697
      Vehicles
      M2 + LR4
      11-08-2019 02:19 PM #46
      As far as I'm aware the M active differential is the same across the F82, F80 and F87 it's just the programming that varies between the various models. Quite a few folks have coded their cars to utilize the revised programming and I'm sure that would be possible here too.
      Mike

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,528
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      11-08-2019 03:42 PM #47
      Apparently they released the UK pricing and it's roughly the same as the GT4.

      I know US and UK pricing aren't always related, but if they price it the same as the GT4 here? Ms. ghost wants one, but it's a seriously tough sell if it's $96k. The good news is, if that's the MSRP then one can likely wait until there's blowout deals for models that haven't sold.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      2,528
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      11-08-2019 03:45 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike0105 View Post
      As far as I'm aware the M active differential is the same across the F82, F80 and F87 it's just the programming that varies between the various models. Quite a few folks have coded their cars to utilize the revised programming and I'm sure that would be possible here too.
      Mike
      Yeah, my understanding is that it can lock-up from 0-100% at will. There's not much you can add to that hardware-wise, but it's easy for BMW to offer more aggressive lockup via software. Given that you can get the car with Sport Cup 2's...up to temp on the track those would see more traction and likely need more lock-up.

    25. Member GTI_CH's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2001
      Posts
      5,179
      Vehicles
      17 330i F31
      11-08-2019 03:57 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike0105 View Post
      I'm #1 on a waitlist at the dealer where I purchased my M2 from but at around 100k I can't justify this car. It's an awesome package with really impressive numbers but at that price I'm shopping for a Porsche GT car. It'll be interesting to see where this is ultimately priced in the US and if it ends up sitting on dealer lots like the M4 and M3 CS did
      Mike
      There is a dealer 100 km from me that has a brand new 2018 M3 CS for 25% off MSRP... that's what would scare me the most about this car. Mind you the regular M3/M4 had the adaptive suspenion, carbon roof, etc. My local dealer also has a 2019 M2C that they put 18k worth of M performance parts on. It's been there isnce June/July...

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 8th, 2006
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,282
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      11-08-2019 04:05 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      Apparently they released the UK pricing and it's roughly the same as the GT4.

      I know US and UK pricing aren't always related, but if they price it the same as the GT4 here? Ms. ghost wants one, but it's a seriously tough sell if it's $96k. The good news is, if that's the MSRP then one can likely wait until there's blowout deals for models that haven't sold.
      Priced similar to a GT4, I'd go GT4 9 out of 10 times.

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •