VWVortex.com - Accuair elevel airs out when I'm away from the car
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Accuair elevel airs out when I'm away from the car

1. 11-30-2019 02:23 PM #1
      Strange one this. If I leave my car set at a specific height and come back the next day it would be sat on the floor.
      I'm sure there isnt a leak but when I've sat in the car having a read I'm sure I've heard the compressor kick in for a second and then shut off again.
      I've already had to change my battery once under warranty which was only a year old, and now it seems like it's not holding good charge again. If I leave it sat for a week or so it's really weak or dead yet the last journey would have been 180 miles so hardly short. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI SEL
      12-02-2019 05:44 PM #2
      Sounds like there is a leak. If they all deflate equally it sounds like there is a leak at your tank/compressor somewhere. Try your check valve on the compressor those are known to be faulty. Usually when the tank gets empty the bags backflow and air out. Also it sounds like the compressor is running to obviously try to fill the tank which is causing your battery to drain..

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

4. 12-07-2019 05:48 AM #3
      Thanks for your reply, checking the valve on the compressor is definitely on the list of things to do. But what would cause my tank to try and fill up and flatten the battery? A dodgy solenoid or tank pressure valve?
      Thanks again