VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Poor performance APR k04

691 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Vwccgang21 
#1 · (Edited)
I had my clutch replaced along with the rear main seal. Car only has 40k miles , 20k on turbo set up professionally installed everything was perfect. A reputable shop did the clutch install and I get the car back and I break it in appropriately.

1000 miles later after the break in as I start to push the car, the performance feels terrible and Im having almost like a boost leak situation. I even peaked to 28 psi. I checked the maf and all clamps and couplers and they seem fine. I havent done a boost leak check. From what I l read online the n75 could be bad or loose, or a faulty diverter valve but I really had 0 issues before this shop did the clutch install when it comes to performance.

I have had no check engine lights. I did adjust the throttle body coupler and one of the intercooler couplers as they had a quarter inch of gap showing hours after I received the car from the clutch install. I also checked the maf and and checked the inlet turbo pipe and all was normal. Any ideas on what it could be ? I have not tested the car for boost leaks as I dont own the equipment.

I am 200 miles from the shop that did the clutch work as I broke down out of town. The car drives normally but it is performance i about a a half of what it used to be, and it feels like the car is not building boost correctly. I think it’️s related to the job the tech did, but the clutch isnt slipping at all so it has to be related to the reassembly the shop did.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.