VWVortex.com - Anyone in here have a utv / sxs or similar ? Share your pics, info, builds etc
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Anyone in here have a utv / sxs or similar ? Share your pics, info, builds etc

Vehicles
      Some New and Old japanese cars and a Couple New and Old Fords
      12-03-2019 02:52 PM #1
      Really looking at buying one in the next 6-8 months.

Have friends that ride - they love them.

Expensive but worth it ? debatable - depends on who you ask.

Looking for some real world info from rzr, yxz, talon(and other) owners.

It is really cool to see kawasaki join the sport sxs field !

I'm debating on either getting a utv / sxs

Lets get a pic, build thread started much like the toyota, jeep threads have !

Here is a pic of a buddy in his rzr prepped for king of the hammers back in 2014 - pretty dang cool if you ask me !
      Last edited by Kevin RS; 12-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Some New and Old japanese cars and a Couple New and Old Fords
      12-05-2019 01:23 PM #2
      over 100 views - not a single reply. Forums are indeed dead for stuff like this apparently...

Vehicles
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      12-05-2019 03:35 PM #3
      I looked into them for a while but never had the opportunity to pull the trigger. Expensive, life, time, etc... I was eyeing up the Honda Pioneer 1000 just due to the fact I have a family and a 4 seater made sense. Here's what I gathered from my research.

How many seats do you want?

How fast do you want to go?

Where do you want to ride? The 600s will go places the 1000s won't due to width and trail requirements.

What do you want to do with it?

What transmission do you want? If its dual clutch, it think Honda is it. If its CVT then the rest.

Cost? There's a big difference between a Terx4 and a CanAm Turbo etc etc. Yamaha Wolverine looked like a nice option to me until I tried to sit in it.

Odd man out??.... Mahindra Roxor Its basically a 1940s CJ Jeep with some improvements. Diesel motor, manual transmission.

Once you narrow down a few of those questions there's probably only a few choices left.

Yes this forum is super slow.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Yesterday 02:15 AM #4
      Not entirely... I own an older Honda rancher and a Honda pioneer 500, in my town you can ride on any street plus we have hundreds of miles of trails, you can ride all year except for the month of April during the spring thaw, I have a cab on mine and use it for plowing in the winter, the 500’s are stout little machines and can be had for $7500/to $ 8000 upgrades are endless on these, I’d add a pic but seems I’m not able to? Maybe more posts needed?