VWVortex.com - Custom License Plate Thoughts?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Custom License Plate Thoughts?

1. 12-06-2019 12:18 PM #1
      So!

For Christmas, my parents bought me a custom license plate that reads "ARTEON" (I guess no one in Texas had chosen it yet...?) How much judgement do you think will be cast upon me for this? Has anyone else considered a custom plate?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat, 2010 Passat Sedan, 2010 Passat Wagon, 2019 Arteon
      12-06-2019 01:04 PM #2
      I'm mostly indifferent to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if you like it, by all means go for it

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      12-06-2019 01:22 PM #3
      If you debadge, pretty cool. At least it’s better than someone I work with who put his last name on his red Civic Type-R. Makes me think, you have your last name because you can’t find your car?

I just purchased a custom plate, it’s for organ donation since I’m a living donor recipient. Mine reads DONAT3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 12-06-2019 03:36 PM #4
      There is already the word Arteon in the back of the car, too many Arteon words in the back looks cheesey in my opinion. Then again, there is not too many Arteon in Texas so you will either get a lot of compliments or hates from the pick up truck drivers.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Volkswagen Arteon Execline R-Line with Drivers Assistance Package (Loaded)
      12-06-2019 03:52 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
      If you debadge, pretty cool. At least it’s better than someone I work with who put his last name on his red Civic Type-R. Makes me think, you have your last name because you can’t find your car?

I just purchased a custom plate, it’s for organ donation since I’m a living donor recipient. Mine reads DONAT3

Thinking about it, that's a GREAT idea!
      Just remove the Chromed ARTEON on the trunk and use the ARTEON plate. That's pretty neat in my opinion... Especially because it's a "rare" & very much "misunderstood" car.

Oh and @reihenmotor5 props for the donation! You're the real MVP.
      Last edited by AlexSky; 12-06-2019 at 03:54 PM.
      2016 Volkswagen Passat Trendline + few goodies
      2015 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Comfortline
      2007 Volkswagen Rabbit 2.5 + few goodies
      1996 Volkswagen Passat Wagon VR6 + lots of goodies
      1991 Volkswagen Jetta high trim + VR6 12V swap and lots of goodies

8. Member
      Vehicles
      12-06-2019 03:56 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by AlexSky View Post
      Thinking about it, that's a GREAT idea!
      Just remove the Chromed ARTEON on the trunk and use the ARTEON plate. That's pretty neat in my opinion...

Oh and @reihenmotor5 props for the donation! You're the real MVP.
      Thanks, but I got a kidney from my best friend’s wife two years ago this coming January. She’s the hero, this is another way for me to spread the message outside of running in races wearing info for people looking for a donor.

I’m sure we’d like to see pics debadged with your custom plates. Funny mine just showed up.

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      12-06-2019 05:10 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
      Thanks, but I got a kidney from my best friend’s wife two years ago this coming January. She’s the hero, this is another way for me to spread the message outside of running in races wearing info for people looking for a donor.

I’m sure we’d like to see pics debadged with your custom plates. Funny mine just showed up.

Wow Rehein I didn't know you had a kidney transplant. Glad you're okay!

10. Member
      Vehicles
      12-06-2019 05:15 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Wow Rehein I didn't know you had a kidney transplant. Glad you're okay!
      Thank you! Yea 1/19/18. Stayed off dialysis, had two living donors, one fell through like a week before our surgery. Too risky for her, and glad it ended up not happening (long story). Then Thanksgiving of 2017 my best friend’s wife told me she was a match. The kidney is working better than expected since she’s smaller than me, granted I’m not a big guy. She’s doing great like nothing happened. Her, her husband and I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler earlier this year. Races I enter I try to find someone through Twitter that is looking for an organ donor, and I run with their info on my back in the hope that someone calls to get tested. During that race we each had someone on custom shirts I had made so maybe someone would see if they’re a match. Just got my new tags on the car, it’s another way to give back since I’m grateful for the gift and I know how lucky I am to have received a living donor.

11. 12-06-2019 08:26 PM #9
      Reihenmotor, you are doing a great thing for a great cause. Stage 2 CKD here, $ucks for sure.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      12-06-2019 08:52 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by The G Man View Post
      Reihenmotor, you are doing a great thing for a great cause. Stage 2 CKD here, $ucks for sure.
      Thank you and sorry to hear, I found out by chance I was Stage 3 when I was 20. Stayed around Stage 3 for close to 20 years and then dropped. Kept off of dialysis and my numbers got better (not percent of function) by going vegan. Figured I’d give it a try, and stayed off of dialysis for close to 7 months. I had vein mapping done and every two weeks got tested to see when I’d need a fistula put in, but ended up being lucky. Take care of yourself! Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. Happy to help any questions you may have.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      12-06-2019 08:53 PM #11

14. Member
      Vehicles
      12-06-2019 08:54 PM #12
      Not trying to hijack your thread Joshua, looking forward to seeing how your Arteon comes out debadged with your custom plate. I think it’s cool your parents hooked you up.

Last edited by Reihenmotor5; 12-06-2019 at 09:08 PM.