VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2018 Beetle Introduction

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  aaronjbeetle 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say hello from Seattle and introduce myself to the vortex. I’ve read the forum quite a bit over the last few years, finally decided to join. I’ve had my 2018 Beetle since April 1st, sat on the dealership lot for 10 months, and have been mostly enjoying it so far. Just about to hit 16k on the clock. It’s been to the dealership 2X for “keyless defective” on the dashboard screen, a harness and door handle had to be replaced, otherwise it’s been pretty solid. I really wish it could have come in a manual though.

It’s an S with style and comfort package, meaning it’s a base with heated seats, the better headunit with CarPlay, KESSY / push button start, “leather”, and paint matched trim / handles / mirror with LED blinker, in white silver metallic.

Things I’ve done:
19” R-Line wheels
H&R lowering springs
CTS Turbo intake
Exhaust modifications
Window tint

Really debating on air ride, speaker upgrade, and possibly some aftermarket wheels.

Previous Volkswagens:
1999 Beetle GLS
2003 Beetle Turbo-S
2017 Jetta S 1.4t
2017 Jetta GLI

Currently have the beetle and a 2012 TDI Sportwagen my partner drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! Looks sharp, and nice eye for photogenic poses! Lowered on 19" wheels really set it off. :cool:

My wife is on her 3rd Beetle Convertible, all S trims: 2014 Denim Blue (18" RS4 Replica wheels), 2017 Silk Blue Metallic (18" Niche wheels and Neuspeed Power Module), and now 2019 Pure White (staying stock for awhile). Been happy with all of them with no trips to the dealer, but haven't exceeded 40k miles on any of them. The 2019 will be long-term now due production ending. Windows freezing in the winter can be an issue until a little silicone is applied to the weatherstripping around the windows, but other than that they have all been great.

VWs I've had at various points: 2007 GTI (APR stage 1 tune), 2010 Sportwagen 2.5, 2014 Jetta 1.8TSI (APR Stage 1), 2017 GTI (current car with 18" Konig Hypergrams and Cobb Stage 1 tune).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.