Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Potential Space Coast move

Vehicles
      2008 RS4 Muggy/TI, 2013 Touareg TDI
      12-18-2019 05:52 PM #1
      Title has it, I'm eying up a move to the space coast, specifically to be working on Patrick AFB. I'm a single guy, no partner, pets, two vehicles. I'm not opposed to apartments, condos, or a house, would like a garage, and be close to the beaches. I also like the ability to walk or bike to stuff (bars, restaurants, etc..) as opposed to having to drive to them.

So, where should I eye up places to live? Melbourne? Cocoa Beach?

Any input will be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1980 Rabbit GL, 1982 Rabbit Convertible, 1983 GTI, 2018 Tiguan SEL R-Line, 2018 GTI
      12-23-2019 09:54 AM #2
      Hi there, if you want to be on the beach side, check satellite beach and indialantic area, this last one is close to downtown Melbourne, just crossing the causeway, Satellite is close to the PAFB.

Vehicles
      01-02-2020 07:55 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by isakitow View Post
      Hi there, if you want to be on the beach side, check satellite beach and indialantic area, this last one is close to downtown Melbourne, just crossing the causeway, Satellite is close to the PAFB.

Thanks for the response, but I learned that already by looking at the map.

What I can't see is if they are walkable areas to live, with restaurants, bars, etc.. Within a 5-10 minute walk, or even a quick bike ride. That's the kind of info I am after

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-21-2020 01:54 PM #4
      That stretch of A1A between 520 to the north and 192 to the south looks the same throughout. Condos and 711s with random rich people homes. Not the liveliest of places. There's a quaint little downtown area right where 192 meets A1A that might be a good place to look at but nothing to write home about. Inland in Melbourne you'll have just about anything you want, but I feel like a lot of that town is just lost in time. Cocoa is also the same...but more touristy. You have Ron Jon and the other beach towel stores that draw a crowd and the cruise ship travelers hang out there before/after their cruises out of the Cape.
      One of the better spots to surf in that area is right across the street of PAFB at a place called 2nd Light, if you're into that stuff.
      Da Kine Diego's Insane Burrito in Satellite is a nice little stop for a bite
      _/_/_/__/___/____/_____/______/_______/________/_________/__________/

Dub Cult | Simply Clean

Vehicles
      01-22-2020 01:51 PM #5
      You ain't kidding Mr. Euro. Been here for a week now, seems pretty boring. Yes, once the weather clears back up and it's nice outside.. But it just seems to be mostly suburbia around these parts. Oh well, 2 years and I'll be moving on somewhere else.