VWVortex.com - Milky oil no coolant loss
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Milky oil no coolant loss

1. 12-20-2019 01:51 PM #1
      I have a 2012 vw jetta 2.5 se, the last few weeks ive noticed milky cream colored oil on the cap and sometimes a little on the dip stick. I havent noticed my coolant level change at all or any bubbles and once warmed up no white smoke from the exhaust. I live in northern michigan so it is rather cold and i only drive for about 15 minutes at a time. I am worried it is a head gasket issue but the car is performing fine and not losing coolant.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Gen VI VW
      12-20-2019 03:09 PM #2
      Short trips in cold weather can produce enough condensation to cause this. Google "motor oil condensation" and a number of articles will pop up. Probably the cause so don't go jumping off the Head Gasket bridge.

Vehicles
      2012 JSW 2.5
      12-20-2019 04:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamsz1407 View Post
      I have a 2012 vw jetta 2.5 se, the last few weeks ive noticed milky cream colored oil on the cap and sometimes a little on the dip stick. I havent noticed my coolant level change at all or any bubbles and once warmed up no white smoke from the exhaust. I live in northern michigan so it is rather cold and i only drive for about 15 minutes at a time. I am worried it is a head gasket issue but the car is performing fine and not losing coolant.
      I agree with Ichabod. Short trips don't allow the engine to burn it off. Installing a catch can should trap that crap. For example: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen...nce/Catch_Can/