VWVortex.com - Dash rattle GLI. With video
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: Dash rattle GLI. With video

    1. 12-20-2019 02:20 PM #1
      Hi. I bought a new jetta gli, now with only 300 miles and i cannot find this rattle. It comes from the passenger side. Maybe dashboard, a pillar or door.

      I would like to know if anyone has this rattle before i got to the dealer.

      Thanks in advance


      https://youtu.be/cuQaU78xYw8 https://youtu.be/cuQaU78xYw8

      http://<a href="https://youtu.be/cuQ...uQaU78xYw8</a>

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member IK1015's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 28th, 2009
      Posts
      343
      Vehicles
      2019 GLI Autobahn|DSG
      12-20-2019 02:51 PM #2
      I can not hear sound now, but soundaktor (fake engine sound) could cause rattle or vibration and located right under rain tray.

    4. 12-20-2019 03:08 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by IK1015 View Post
      I can not hear sound now, but soundaktor (fake engine sound) could cause rattle or vibration and located right under rain tray.


      that sometimes happens in race mode, but i already set the volumen to 50% via vcds so thats not the problem... now.

      put on headphones or turn up the volumen, its like plastic rattle or cables hitting, im going to try to record with a gopro instead.

      in person you can hear it even with the music on, so i constantly look to that side

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2019
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      12 MkVI GTI SBM 2dr Sunroof, Traded. 03 B5 Passat GLS 1.8t, Mojave Beige, '19 Jetta R-Line PSM
      12-20-2019 03:40 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Warachito View Post
      that sometimes happens in race mode, but i already set the volumen to 50% via vcds so thats not the problem... now.

      put on headphones or turn up the volumen, its like plastic rattle or cables hitting, im going to try to record with a gopro instead.

      in person you can hear it even with the music on, so i constantly look to that side
      Didn't I read something about a fuel line rattle problem on the GLI? It's somewhere in the forums.
      74 Super Beetle w/factory steel sunroof, Restored & Sold
      2012 MkVI GTI 2Dr w/Sunroof Shadow Blue Metallic *traded*
      2003 Passat GLS 1.8t Mojave Beige (my son's car)
      2019 Jetta R-Line Pyrite Silver

    7. Member reticulan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 14th, 2001
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      3,390
      12-20-2019 07:36 PM #5
      loose fuel lines on the underside of the the car, passenger side. i have the same issue.

      common issue on the GLi. call your service advisor at your VW dealer and it should be fixed under warranty.

    8. 12-20-2019 08:16 PM #6
      Does it rattle all time or only on rough roads or impacts?

      Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

    9. 12-20-2019 08:44 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Silver_arrow12! View Post
      Does it rattle all time or only on rough roads or impacts?

      Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      It's rpm related.....around 1500-1800ish...

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2019
      Location
      York, Pa
      Posts
      110
      Vehicles
      12 MkVI GTI SBM 2dr Sunroof, Traded. 03 B5 Passat GLS 1.8t, Mojave Beige, '19 Jetta R-Line PSM
      12-20-2019 09:16 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by IndyMK7GLI View Post
      It's rpm related.....around 1500-1800ish...
      Guess that's where the frequency harmonics are.
      74 Super Beetle w/factory steel sunroof, Restored & Sold
      2012 MkVI GTI 2Dr w/Sunroof Shadow Blue Metallic *traded*
      2003 Passat GLS 1.8t Mojave Beige (my son's car)
      2019 Jetta R-Line Pyrite Silver

    11. 12-27-2019 03:15 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Silver_arrow12! View Post
      Does it rattle all time or only on rough roads or impacts?

      Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

      Only with rough road, potholes etc. not when idle or rpm dependant

    12. Member St3kush's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2019
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      104
      Vehicles
      2019 VW GLI 35th Edition, 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, 2010 Audi S5, 2010 BMW X6M
      12-28-2019 04:44 AM #10
      I have the exact same rattle it drives me crazy, it’s like a tiny squeak with every bump or bass thump. I need that fixed ASAP


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    13. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2019
      Location
      Tampa, FL
      Posts
      12
      12-28-2019 07:52 AM #11
      I have a rattle on the front passenger side but it’s more prominent when I’m letting my foot off the save and slowing down to a stop light. As soon as I put my foot on the gas it stops.

    14. 12-28-2019 10:09 AM #12
      I have something coming from the passenger side that sounds like the touch sound on an iPhone. I assume its plastic on plastic. I don’t hear it all the time but i do hear it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    15. 01-09-2020 10:00 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by reallyradams View Post
      I have a rattle on the front passenger side but it’s more prominent when I’m letting my foot off the save and slowing down to a stop light. As soon as I put my foot on the gas it stops.
      I have the same thing...


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    16. Member St3kush's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2019
      Location
      Toronto, Ontario
      Posts
      104
      Vehicles
      2019 VW GLI 35th Edition, 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, 2010 Audi S5, 2010 BMW X6M
      01-10-2020 03:21 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoy View Post
      I have something coming from the passenger side that sounds like the touch sound on an iPhone. I assume its plastic on plastic. I don’t hear it all the time but i do hear it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I have the exact same thing. I read somewhere that someone fixed it by stuffing a thin strip of sponge foam in there with a thin pry tool or something. I hear it mostly when I hit bumps but it’s a weird distinct sound that I can hear over my music even. I brought it up to the dealer today and he suggested trying the foam strip as well.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    17. 01-10-2020 08:56 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by St3kush View Post
      I have the exact same thing. I read somewhere that someone fixed it by stuffing a thin strip of sponge foam in there with a thin pry tool or something. I hear it mostly when I hit bumps but it’s a weird distinct sound that I can hear over my music even. I brought it up to the dealer today and he suggested trying the foam strip as well.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Where is the sponge foam being used? I don’t know where the noise is coming from.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    18. n00b
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2019
      Location
      Springfield, PA
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      2001 Volvo S40, 2009 Jetta SE, 2011 Golf, 2014 Jetta S, 2018 Atlas S, 2019 Jetta S
      01-10-2020 10:21 AM #16
      I have exactly the same thing in our Jetta S and our Atlas, especially in cold weather, so I feel like this is a VW thing.

      I inserted a very tiny piece of plumbing insulation (the kind that comes in a roll with adhesive on one side) where the pillar meets the dash. You can't see it at all. No more noise.

    19. 01-11-2020 07:31 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by vanomander View Post
      I have exactly the same thing in our Jetta S and our Atlas, especially in cold weather, so I feel like this is a VW thing.

      I inserted a very tiny piece of plumbing insulation (the kind that comes in a roll with adhesive on one side) where the pillar meets the dash. You can't see it at all. No more noise.
      I know this might sound stupid but can you take a pic pointing out where you put the insulation? It would be very helpful. Thank you!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •