VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Electric Suicide-Please Help "Caaan't see...eeeverything going dark...great gramma, is that you?"

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gammelobst 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here so If I do something wrong I apologize in advance and place the blame completely on my GREENISH HUE :laugh:
So......
I was installing aftermarket speakers in my 2002 Jetta 2.0....While working inside the driver side door i set the door panel down not noticing that the door light lightbulb assembly had come loose from its holder and was hanging down below the panel. so when I placed the panel on the ground the bulb popped and shattered. This sent an electrical surge through my door wiring harness and up through the CCM (comfort control module) NOW...I have no interior lights, fuel door/trunk lock switch not functioning, key activated security gone, door lock control out on both driver and passenger side. An interesting symptoms is that the lighting for all those dead components is alive and well. So...what blew? A relay (which one), A fuse (which one). The CCM is the ONLY thing that all the dead stuff has in common (i think) PLEASE HELP...I will be out of gas soon and no way to get fuel into the tank if I can't get the fuel door open. :banghead:

Thanks,
AJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.