VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Plug and play head unit for monsoon?

717 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  petethepug 
#1 ·
Anyone recently installed a new head unit for their monsoon system ? Prefer Bluetooth. No need for cd since it’s in the trunk.
Thanks everyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I would head over to the Crutchfield site and look around. Should be able to get a head unit and the right wiring to get the headunit to work with the monsoon without issue. I did that in my '03 GTI. It was plug and play with the proper wiring harness.

#4 · (Edited)
I have two Becker head units that are German. Unlike the factory European Navi units, the Becker Navi software has not been hacked to accept the US Navi discs.

The remainder of the head unit except the AM radio is good to go. I’ve got a Becker blue faced ...

DTM 7915 radio
Indianapolis Pro

One has a phone / BT adapter and the Pro has BT for phone built in and controls are integrated in the unit itself.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...High-Speed-7915-CD-Radio-Navi#/topics/9248465

The Pro ...

The Pro has so many features you’d have to google it. I purchased both for my wife’s Beetle but she did not want me to use the adapters on the sides to fill out the space. Both units feature multi language including English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.