VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2011 Audi A4 (B8) 2.0tfsi No Compression

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MK2 16v-T 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

I need some help. I will try and be short and quick. I have a 2011 Audi A4 with 120k. Bought it used with 30k. Dealer fixed the oil consumption problem around 50k and the car has been great since then. Oil changes every 5k. Whatever the car needed I did.

This past Saturday I did an oil change. Drove the car all day Sunday and wife drove it all day Monday. Car felt great, no issues , no weird noises.

Today I go and start the car and there is what seems to be zero compression. Crank and cams seems to be spinning. Engine sounds empty.

Just need to know what I should look for. Tomorrow night I’m going to do a compression test just to make sure. Car literally gave me no warning. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
So little update...

It did end up being the timing chain tensioner but I got very lucky. I put the engine on correct timing to check compression for valve damage and got good compression on all 4 cylinders. I replaced everything I could while it was apart and the whole front end off the car.

I will try and post the video of the engine running tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.