Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Drivers side auto tilt side mirror on reverse no longer working

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line
      01-15-2020 11:53 PM #1
      I recently purchased a 2019 Atlas SEL R-Line and so far it has been great. Our only complaint was the lack of bass from the stock stereo, so I had a JBL BassPro Hub installed the other day.

However, it appears that since the install, the drivers side mirror will no longer auto tilt when in reverse. If the knob is set to R, the right side will still auto tilt, however the left side will not move no matter what the knob position. I can manually move it with the knob, but the auto function does not work. I verified that it is enabled in the settings. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2018 Atlas SEL Premium 4Motion Black
      01-16-2020 12:14 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by jhatfie View Post
      I recently purchased a 2019 Atlas SEL R-Line and so far it has been great. Our only complaint was the lack of bass from the stock stereo, so I had a JBL BassPro Hub installed the other day.

However, it appears that since the install, the drivers side mirror will no longer auto tilt when in reverse. If the knob is set to R, the right side will still auto tilt, however the left side will not move no matter what the knob position. I can manually move it with the knob, but the auto function does not work. I verified that it is enabled in the settings. Any ideas?
      You need to have the pointer to the passenger side window. If you have it set anywhere else the passenger side will no tilt down. And just in case, the driver side does not tilt down in reverse and I see no string to have tilt down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line
      01-16-2020 01:04 AM #3
      So the drivers side does not auto tilt eh? We've had it do that on all our recent cars so maybe just assumed it did on the Atlas as well. Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      19 Arteon SEL-P
      01-16-2020 11:23 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by jhatfie View Post
      So the drivers side does not auto tilt eh? We've had it do that on all our recent cars so maybe just assumed it did on the Atlas as well. Thanks.
      Only the passenger side tilts on European brand cars for some reason. On Asian and American brand cars, often times both tilt.

Vehicles
      2019 VW Atlas SEL Premium, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
      01-17-2020 08:28 AM #5
      Yeah, the driver's side never tilted. I turned off my passenger side tilt too as 99% of the time I am not parallel parking and don't want it tilting.