I've had the GA9453B in for about a week now. I have to say that this is truly a terrible failure of a radio.
- Very slow. Press a button, get a response about 10-15 seconds later.
- Front facing buttons are constantly being pressed accidentally.
- Must be nearly on top of a router to catch a wifi signal at all.
- That doesn't really matter though because wifi doesn't work even once you do connect. It works for a minute or two and then just stops and doesn't work again for an undetermined amount of time.
- All apps I have tried to download from the Play store crash upon starting.
- Factory launcher crashes regularly.
- Switching to Bluetooth audio input is cumbersome. It is an option within a menu within another menu. This should be a single-touch option from the main screen.
- On a volume scale of 1 to 10, phone audio is 0 and other audio is 8+. There is a mixer menu but phone audio is not in the menu. This results in the phone audio being so quiet at max volume that I can't hear anything. Then when the call is ended you get ears blasted out by whatever music was paused before you turned the volume up to max to hear the phone call.
- I see no option to customize the home screens. I'm still looking for this though. It's hard for me to believe that something so basic does not exist.
Overall I could not possibly be more disappointed in a head unit. This POS is only marginally better than an empty hole in the dash. I'm going to be attempting a return and will be replacing it with something else.
vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.