Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wireless CarPlay option

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 GTI SE DIB DSG Experience Package
      02-22-2020 09:41 AM #51
      Glad it’s working well for others also. For the first time since my 2016 I can close the cubby door and have both wireless charging and CarPlay.

The only minor impact is there’s a very slight delay when using the 15 second reverse or FF buttons on podcasts. Really a small thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2019 GTI SE DIB DSG w/Experience Package | Llumar Pro PPF hood, bumper, fender and mirrors, headlights, rear bumper guard and door cups | Pinnacle quartz 35% tint on 9 windows | OEM splash guards | 3DMaxpider mats | Weather Tech deflectors |3M door edge, wheels well and hatch lip guards | Aully Park leather steering wheel cover |

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-22-2020 02:27 PM #52
      Is there a trick to get the phone to pair automatically with the device? I have to reconnect it (either physically or via the touchscreen) each time.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      02-22-2020 05:11 PM #53
      Not for me. Try removing the BT and WiFi connections and starting over. Also be sure to remove any previous car to phone BT connection. Also make sure the Firmware is up to date. Good luck.
      2019 GTI SE DIB DSG w/Experience Package | Llumar Pro PPF hood, bumper, fender and mirrors, headlights, rear bumper guard and door cups | Pinnacle quartz 35% tint on 9 windows | OEM splash guards | 3DMaxpider mats | Weather Tech deflectors |3M door edge, wheels well and hatch lip guards | Aully Park leather steering wheel cover |

5. 02-23-2020 06:26 PM #54
      Thanks for the tips. No dice, though. I'm going to contact the vendor to see if they have any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dequardo View Post
      Not for me. Try removing the BT and WiFi connections and starting over. Also be sure to remove any previous car to phone BT connection. Also make sure the Firmware is up to date. Good luck.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      02-23-2020 08:26 PM #55
      Good luck. They are pretty responsive but I’m positive they are going to have you try the same thing I did. What version of iOS and iPhone model are you using?

7. 02-24-2020 02:17 PM #56
      So this morning I got in the car and the CarPlay adapter just worked. This after resetting the connection I don't know how many times. I guess the phone and the adapter finally got the handshake sorted out. Here's hoping it keeps working. Thanks again for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dequardo View Post
      Good luck. They are pretty responsive but I’m positive they are going to have you try the same thing I did. What version of iOS and iPhone model are you using?

8. Member
      Vehicles
      02-24-2020 03:07 PM #57
      Nice. What I think worked for me was making sure the previous iPhone to car BT connection was removed and only the CarPlay2Air connection established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123