Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The "you need an Alfa Romeo" thread

1. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-26-2020 02:08 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Dedication. You have it.

Pssshhh...I still get emails from the VW dealer asking me to trade in my GTI. Ya know...the one I bought in 2007.

They wanna hear from me!
      But they have a buyer ready to purchase it and they're willing to pay you TOP DOLLAR!

These have really grown on me in the last few years, and the price is still obtainable.

DSC_0772 by Merzdoms, on Flickr

One section of the rally was super tight and technical, and the driver of this Alfa was really getting after it. I had to tell my Dad to pull over to let him by. When I talked with the owner later that night he was super excited to have had an Evora scoot over for him.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      987.2 | GTI
      03-26-2020 02:30 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      These have really grown on me in the last few years, and the price is still obtainable.
      Pretty.

General question for the thread: which one would be more fun to mechanically restore: GTV2000 vs. GTV6?

"Fun" defined as a good balance between part availability, cost, and ease of repairs.

4. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      03-26-2020 02:52 PM #103
      Pretty.

General question for the thread: which one would be more fun to mechanically restore: GTV2000 vs. GTV6?

"Fun" defined as a good balance between part availability, cost, and ease of repairs.
      not sure what would be more fun, but there seems to be a few sites with NOS parts even

https://www.centerlinealfa.com/

https://alfissimo.com/

5. 03-26-2020 05:29 PM #104
      Pretty.

I find the GTV6 more fun to drive, but if I was going to restore one, I would go with a GTV for the following reasons:
      • GTV's are much simpler cars to work on.
      • Parts are cheaper and generally more available.
      • The market is stronger for GTV's and you are more likely to get your money out of it when it comes time to sell.
      Last edited by Zinhead1; 03-26-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345