VWVortex.com - Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 694 of 758 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744 ... LastLast
    Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 18943

Thread: Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-18-2020 03:23 PM #17326
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Imposter fries for Canada! Where's the cheese curds and gravy?

St Viateur sesame bagels right out of the oven, pleeeeze.
      Right?! The best. I can't bear to pay the crazy shipping charge to get them mailed in.

As for poutine, you want it from a Canadian truck stop restaurant or something, none of those fancy fries for me. St. Hubert in a pinch, but their gravy is too thin (tasty, but thin).
      You have to get their bagels hot out of the oven. When I’m in Montreal, I always have a cutting board and bread knife in the car. I like mine with cream cheese and strawberry preserves.

I buy the St Hubert packets occasionally. I prefer a Bordelaise sauce. Do you know of a cheese curd source? The food co-op across from Dartmouth-Hitchcock maybe? I tried the Cabot store in Queechee. Nope. I never see them. You’d think with all the cheddar made in Vermont, they’d be easy to find.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      09-18-2020 03:40 PM #17327
      You have to get their bagels hot out of the oven. When I’m in Montreal, I always have a cutting board and bread knife in the car. I like mine with cream cheese and strawberry preserves.

I buy the St Hubert packets occasionally. I prefer a Bordelaise sauce. Do you know of a cheese curd source? The food co-op across from Dartmouth-Hitchcock maybe? I tried the Cabot store in Queechee. Nope. I never see them. You’d think with all the cheddar made in Vermont, they’d be easy to find.
      I've seen curds in a few stores, the Coop as well as Hannafords in West Leb. and the cheese shop in Windsor next to Harpoon B

The first time we got St-Viateur bagels, it was in person at the bakery. We got a bag, fresh and hot, then stood there in a corner of the shop where they had 1 table and no chairs and all wolfed one down, still steaming... it was bagel bliss. Rosmary & Sea Salt is my favorite.

Myer's in Burlington is very close. https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...on/1977013002/

Vehicles
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line, 2019 330xi M-Sport
      09-18-2020 04:13 PM #17328
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      The Netherlands is becoming a narco state (not my words). Violent crime is on the uptick and police corruption is trying to rival Central/South America. The trafficking organizations love it because penalties are so low.

Coke is flowing into NL and Belgium on epic levels...

BTW, had some Indonesian food for dinner. Tasty.

I talk about masks. You talk about meth. I talk about pot. You talk about coke.

I don't know man, everything okay? Should we phone someone for you?
      Just having a discussion... 😕

5. 09-18-2020 07:59 PM #17329
      Condolences to any friends or family (or fans) of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Hopefully it wasn't this virus that killed her, and hopefully she didn't suffer too much toward the end.
      A person who reads disagreement and reacts by seeking to exclude the expression of other views admits his own insufficiency. - Zukiphile

09-18-2020 08:40 PM #17330
      Quote Originally Posted by Slapoquidik View Post
      Condolences to any friends or family (or fans) of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Hopefully it wasn't this virus that killed her, and hopefully she didn't suffer too much toward the end.
      An expression of sorrow so shallow and insincere that it would make a crocodile shed real tears. Your feelings on this subject are a matter of public record on your home forum. Why don't you share those with the class?
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

Vehicles
      '20 V60 CC, '14 ATS
      09-18-2020 10:26 PM #17331
      It's interesting how unable you are to be aware of the cause of her death given how widely published it is. It's almost like you're trying to goad people into a political discussion...
      | 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country | 2014 Cadillac ATS Performance |

Vehicles
      B7 TDI
      09-18-2020 10:36 PM #17332
      Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      It's interesting how unable you are to be aware of the cause of her death given how widely published it is. It's almost like you're trying to goad people into a political discussion...
      Metastatic pancreatic cancer is what I've read.
      Gone and missed: '03 Mk4 1.8T 5M GL wagon, '01 B5 V6 GLX wagon, '96 FZJ80, '89 16v GLI, '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray.

09-18-2020 10:59 PM #17333
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Belgian frites are awesome. There's a place called the beerbistro in Toronto that makes great Belgian frites with house-made mayo and ketchup on the side.

Other than frites and urban cycling, the Dutch really don't have much else to hold up to the world as something to aspire to.

Gouda

bitter ballen

Super hot dutch girls with asses carved out of stone, from pedaling heavy bikes their whole lives.

Vehicles
      B7 TDI
      09-18-2020 11:39 PM #17334
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Super hot dutch girls with asses carved out of stone, from pedaling heavy bikes their whole lives.
      Ice skating helps, too.
      Gone and missed: '03 Mk4 1.8T 5M GL wagon, '01 B5 V6 GLX wagon, '96 FZJ80, '89 16v GLI, '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray.

Vehicles
      2019 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993/Volt
      09-19-2020 12:25 AM #17335
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      An expression of sorrow so shallow and insincere that it would make a crocodile shed real tears. Your feelings on this subject are a matter of public record on your home forum. Why don't you share those with the class?
      I see they've now made it password-protected. Wonder how much nastier it's become.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

12. 09-19-2020 01:18 AM #17336
      It's interesting how unable you are to be aware of the cause of her death given how widely published it is.
      I heard somewhere that most of the people who died of the Spanish flu didn't die from the virus itself, but from secondary infections. I don't know whether that is true, but it does suggest that why people die might not be as obvious as testing for the presence of one possible cause.

I'm vaguely aware that RBG had some kind of cancer, but I haven't seen a death certificate or learned exactly what killed her, or whether she had ever tested positive for the Wuhan Flu/Covid-19. Feel free to shed light on the matter, but this:

It's almost like you're trying to goad people into a political discussion...
      ...seems like projection. I don't get the impression that there's anything I can write that would disabuse you of your prejudice. I read once somewhere that Scalia and RGB were friends, despite their differences. Isn't it nice how some people don't let their differences retard their social graces?

If you don't want to accept my condolences, consider the offer withdrawn, tool.
      A person who reads disagreement and reacts by seeking to exclude the expression of other views admits his own insufficiency. - Zukiphile

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-19-2020 04:01 PM #17337
      Covid State, err, Florida State football head coach tests positive. LOL

09-19-2020 04:23 PM #17338
      Covid State, err, Florida State football head coach tests positive. LOL

And how about the rest of the team and assistant coaches? Wouldn't he have had direct contact with them?

Florida State Seminoles football coach Mike Norvell positive for coronavirus
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Trolls ignored: 9

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      09-20-2020 02:27 PM #17339
      There's an amazing Belgian Frites restaurant in Keene NH. They have 11 dipping sauces.

http://www.fritzkeene.com/food
      Boom.

Rosemary Garlic dipping sauce.

Vehicles
      91 318iS,13 GTI
      09-20-2020 03:33 PM #17340
      Cases in Colorado on the rise again. Hardly surprised considering the amount Texas, Arizona and California plates you see on the road everywhere. Go the **** home, the small mountain towns with pretty leaves don't need your rude, no mask wearing, non-tipping tourist BS right now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      1991 318is M50 Swapped
      2013 GTI

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      09-20-2020 04:06 PM #17341
      Wuhan Flu

...seems like projection.
      I think the Slap doth protest too much. You used a politically coded term for a disease with a proper scientific name. Why would you need to do that unless you wanted to code for politics?
      I AM DISCO DIVA!
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-20-2020 04:47 PM #17342
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      I think the Slap doth protest too much. You used a politically coded term for a disease with a proper scientific name. Why would you need to do that unless you wanted to code for politics?
      He's *gasp* virtue signaling.
      signatures are annoying, right?

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      09-20-2020 05:16 PM #17343
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      He's *gasp* virtue signaling.
      I don't think that's virtue....
      I AM DISCO DIVA!
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-20-2020 05:26 PM #17344
      I don't think that's virtue....
      Oh his racism isn't a virtue, by most people's definition. But, signaling what your group sees as a virtue, in this case desperate trolling/racist baiting, appears to be seen as quite the virtue to his fellow neanderthals.

Vehicles
      Q5 TDi, Sportsmobile Van, Mazda CX-5, Alltrac turbo project
      09-20-2020 05:50 PM #17345
      Quote Originally Posted by B3passatBMX View Post
      Cases in Colorado on the rise again. Hardly surprised considering the amount Texas, Arizona and California plates you see on the road everywhere. Go the **** home, the small mountain towns with pretty leaves don't need your rude, no mask wearing, non-tipping tourist BS right now.
      Problem is most of them have a family home here. Lol

The nice thing is that after hunting season is done all the RVs on the road will be gone. Followed by Joey the stoked skier ready for the powda like they call it in Massachusetts.
      If you can't measure it, you can't understand it; if you can't understand it, you can't control it.

As said on BAT "We’ll burn this guy to high hell for lowering his car but we will bid 6 figures on safari builds. Come on son" - 2mAn

22. 09-20-2020 06:46 PM #17346
      There's nothing necessarily political about describing a disease by its origin or the animal that spread it to humanity. The "Spanish" flu isn't political, neither is the "swine" flu or the "bird" flu. Your premise is simply incorrect if you believe that any colloquial label or use of a label other than one preferred by some scientists, is political.

(Although, its certainly possible that you're one of those people to whom, "Everything is political," in which case I don't see why anyone should care whether you think any particular thing is political or not.)

There is a valid medical concern in remembering the place, Wuhan, and its practices, where wet markets helped bridge this disease to humanity, entirely apart from your desire to project a political motive to that accurate geographical label. Is it exclusively political to want to stop the transmission of deadly diseases to humanity through wet markets? Much of this thread has been people arguing about the wisdom and efficacy of mandating mask usage. How is telling people what to do (rather than simply offering good medical advice) less "political" than remembering where the wet markets were that bridged this disease to human beings?

Your labeling concern seems petty and somewhat arbitrary, since the label I prefer "Wuhan flu/Covid-19" or "this disease" (where context avoids confusion) has caused zero confusion. By all means, use the label you prefer when composing your own posts. I'll use the label I prefer when composing mine.

Try not to be such a busybody. Its shrewish.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-20-2020 06:56 PM #17347
      Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
      Problem is most of them have a family home here. Lol

The nice thing is that after hunting season is done all the RVs on the road will be gone. Followed by Joey the stoked skier ready for the powda like they call it in Massachusetts.
      Vermont is the same way. 17% of the residential housing stock is vacation homes. Unlike Colorado, most of the owners can drive to their vacation homes from the flatlands in 2 to 5 hours. You're not going to drive to your Aspen house for the weekend from Texas or California.

09-20-2020 07:10 PM #17348
      ...The "Spanish" flu isn't political, neither is the "swine" flu or the "bird" flu...
      Are "birds" and "pigs" groups of people who can be discriminated against based upon capricious naming strategies?

No, they aren't. But the Spanish were. Your ignorance on this topic has already been dealt with, but as you insist upon repeating it, we'll cover this again: The Spanish were neutral in WWI, and while the press of other countries was naturally pre-occupied with the war, the Spanish press was free to report on a novel and deadly flu. Since all mentions of the flu were Spanish in origin, the Spanish were wrongly blamed for causing the disease.

"Spanish flu" isn't necessarily political, as it's nothing more than the base human nature to cast blame where it doesn't necessarily apply. "Wuhan flu," on the other hand, it almost entirely political, as it blames a region and a race of people with a broad brush as being wholly responsible for a virus outbreak, whether or not they had any responsibility for the 'market conditions' you think caused the disease. You want to blame Chinese wet market practices and work to check them, fine. You blame an entire region and race of people - with whom your president is engaged in a trade war - that's pure politics, and it's hateful. It's lead to attacks in America on citizens of Asian heritage who have NOTHING to do with Chinese wet market practices.

The use of "Wuhan flu" marks you as a bigot who cares more for political gain than actual human lives.
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-20-2020 07:17 PM #17349
      Are "birds" and "pigs" groups of people who can be discriminated against based upon capricious naming strategies?

No, they aren't. But the Spanish were. Your ignorance on this topic has already been dealt with, but as you insist upon repeating it, we'll cover this again: The Spanish were neutral in WWI, and while the press of other countries was naturally pre-occupied with the war, the Spanish press was free to report on a novel and deadly flu. Since all mentions of the flu were Spanish in origin, the Spanish were wrongly blamed for causing the disease.

"Spanish flu" isn't necessarily political, as it's nothing more than the base human nature to cast blame where it doesn't necessarily apply. "Wuhan flu," on the other hand, it almost entirely political, as it blames a region and a race of people with a broad brush as being wholly responsible for a virus outbreak, whether or not they had any responsibility for the 'market conditions' you think caused the disease. You want to blame Chinese wet market practices and work to check them, fine. You blame an entire region and race of people - with whom your president is engaged in a trade war - that's pure politics, and it's hateful. It's lead to attacks in America on citizens of Asian heritage who have NOTHING to do with Chinese wet market practices.

The use of "Wuhan flu" marks you as a bigot who cares more for political gain than actual human lives.
      Tool, explaining to a racists person why they're racists is a fools errand.

He knows all this, he chooses to be racist.

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-20-2020 07:30 PM #17350
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Tool, replying to Slapoquidik is a fools errand.

We all know this.
      FIFY

Page 694 of 758 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704744 ... LastLast