VWVortex.com - Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 698 of 758 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748 ... LastLast
    Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 18940

    Thread: Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency

    1. Geriatric Member @McMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2002
      Location
      Northern part of the Virginia
      Posts
      38,191
      Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-22-2020 10:52 AM #17426
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I won't even entertain arguing with people who dispute the seriousness or spread misinformation or people who cite extreme real, fake news sites(PJmedia, etc.) anymore. Just won't tolerate it. My last 6+ months now in my day job has been dealing with the impacts of Covid. The pathetic and corrupt federal response(no really..they have been THAT bad and worse) has driven me and others up the wall. I am worried about the combination of flu season and Covid mixing. Look to South America right now to see what we could be hit with. Fortunately where I live the numbers are good, but it's still there and hasn't gone away. Now the "red" states are really getting the brunt of this which puts strains on local services which just can't handle it.

      2020 just can't end soon enough.
      There are discussions worth having.

      Opening up the economy is IMPORTANT. How do we do that? How do we do that safely? There's a two hour discussion right there analyzing the different levels of precaution required. Same goes for schools.. Kids really need to be in school, but how can it safely be done? There are people out of work right now, and children sitting in front of restaurants because they don't have internet at home. Nobody disagrees that this is absolutely ***tty, and is having devastating effects on MILLIONS of people....

      But I swear to god, you QUOTE a bull**** Facebook meme ONE MORE TIME....

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Slipstream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      11,345
      Vehicles
      GTI | Sport
      09-22-2020 10:55 AM #17427
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Chilling with the neighbors a little bit before dinner last night, and after we left a mask discussion happened between two of the wives.

      Wife #1: The only reason we wear masks is to keep us from touching our faces.
      Wife #2: No.... it's to keep the airborne transmission down, to keep us from giving it to each other......
      W1: (sigh) is that what they say on the Democratic news?
      W2: Uh, no.. They've been saying that on every news.
      W1: Of all the times I have been in the OR, the only reason we didn't get sick is because we washed our hands.

      W1 is a recently retired (2018) anesthesia nurse or something.
      During the early days of the pandemic, I learned that people who "work in a hospital" are by no means guaranteed to be intelligent, competent or sane... even with letters after their name.
      17 gti sport | 16 xc60 t5 | seventwosix

    4. Member OttaCee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2000
      Location
      Quincy, MA
      Posts
      1,506
      Vehicles
      2019 Tiguan SEL-P R-Line, 02 4Runner SR5 4x4
      09-22-2020 11:00 AM #17428
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I am worried about the combination of flu season and Covid mixing
      This is my biggest fear with flu season starting in late October and COVID on-going the amount of stress on hospitals, testing sites, the workers. The millions of flu cases more than ever will be treated much differently than in the past. We are so sensitive to correlate any symptoms back to COVID and how are all these facilities going to handle the extra tests?
      If I get the flu but think its COVID, go take a test, does it steal time from another person that really has COVID?
      Or if I have the flu and not sure its COVID, just self-quarantine for 2 weeks just to be safe? Multiple that by the millions that get flu every year, how does society function with people isolating for 2 weeks over the next 6 months?
      19 Tiguan SEL-P R-Line
      02 4Runner SR5

    5. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      9,563
      Vehicles
      2021 Audi RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-22-2020 11:07 AM #17429
      Quote Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
      This is my biggest fear with flu season starting in late October and COVID on-going the amount of stress on hospitals, testing sites, the workers. The millions of flu cases more than ever will be treated much differently than in the past. We are so sensitive to correlate any symptoms back to COVID and how are all these facilities going to handle the extra tests?
      If I get the flu but think its COVID, go take a test, does it steal time from another person that really has COVID?
      Or if I have the flu and not sure its COVID, just self-quarantine for 2 weeks just to be safe? Multiple that by the millions that get flu every year, how does society function with people isolating for 2 weeks over the next 6 months?
      Its just going to disappear. Watch, it will cool down, and it will go away.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.
      Navarra_RS6

    6. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      16,645
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-22-2020 11:14 AM #17430
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Sure would have been nice if the 22,000 backlogged cases reported yesterday had been on the roles when decisions were being made about school reopenings.

      this is what I don't understand. tests all have dates. admission paperwork all have dates. f**king put the data in the right box, you f**king manipulative bastards. stop with the "reported cases."

      I have a question though. Say you get tested at a drive-thru checkpoint, or some random testing center. you get your results a few days later, positive for COVID. in a few days, you get really sick and have to go to the hospital and get checked in. does the hospital count you as a case again, since the testing location ID'd you as a case as well.

      you've been counted twice.

      how is data collected? are testing centers and hospitals and clinics just calling up the local DOH and saying "we have 56 COVID cases today"? Because HIPPA and privacy.

      Or, during hospital admittance they ask if you've been tested and you say, "yes, I tested positive for COVID," your name/case goes in the "do not report" pile?
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    7. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Posts
      44,963
      09-22-2020 11:26 AM #17431
      We are on our way back up. The only question is whether it will peak higher than the previous peak (like 1918 pandemic did) or whether governments around the world will figure out how to get people in line and convince them about prevention methods.



      I’m betting on this lasting for another 12 months.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

      Trolls ignored: 9

    8. Member vwtool's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 21st, 2003
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,875
      09-22-2020 11:43 AM #17432
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      ...But I swear to god, you QUOTE a bull**** Facebook meme ONE MORE TIME....
      I've only recently come to appreciate the "talk to the hand" gesture.
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

    9. Senior Member DonL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 1999
      Location
      SE Michigan
      Posts
      22,758
      Vehicles
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      09-22-2020 12:19 PM #17433
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post

      I have a question though. Say you get tested at a drive-thru checkpoint, or some random testing center. you get your results a few days later, positive for COVID. in a few days, you get really sick and have to go to the hospital and get checked in. does the hospital count you as a case again, since the testing location ID'd you as a case as well.

      you've been counted twice.

      how is data collected? are testing centers and hospitals and clinics just calling up the local DOH and saying "we have 56 COVID cases today"? Because HIPPA and privacy.
      Those questions are at the center of a bunch of controversy and finger-wagging back and forth. I was wondering about that a while back, because I was seeing memes and FB posts that the evil medical establishment was ginning the numbers. Apparently, there was mixups back in April or May that had the CDC, and some state health departments mimicking them, as counting a positive PCR and a positive IGG test both as, "positive" tests, though they represented different things.

      Since then, according to a few articles I've dug up, multiple positive test results for a particular person was considered one, "case." If a state is reporting positive results, it may duplicate, but the number of cases is the number of people sick, regardless how many positive results they had. Here's the first example I just dug up:

      https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/v...9-9a0417650cec

      Agreeing one one set of reporting criteria would have clarified a lot of this from the very beginning, but you had states, left on their own, figuring it out as they went along. This is when strong central, federal guidance would have been especially helpful, but they denied responsibility and left the states to fend for themselves. I'd imagine that people running the numbers at CDC, HHS, or places like John Hopkins were getting results and in some cases wondering what the hell numbers were being reported.
      "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

    10. Administrator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 1999
      Location
      No. Virginia
      Posts
      20,959
      Vehicles
      '04 R32/83 Rabbit GTI/13.5 Jetta GLI
      09-22-2020 12:32 PM #17434
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      this is what I don't understand. tests all have dates. admission paperwork all have dates. f**king put the data in the right box, you f**king manipulative bastards. stop with the "reported cases."

      I have a question though. Say you get tested at a drive-thru checkpoint, or some random testing center. you get your results a few days later, positive for COVID. in a few days, you get really sick and have to go to the hospital and get checked in. does the hospital count you as a case again, since the testing location ID'd you as a case as well.

      you've been counted twice.

      how is data collected? are testing centers and hospitals and clinics just calling up the local DOH and saying "we have 56 COVID cases today"? Because HIPPA and privacy.

      Or, during hospital admittance they ask if you've been tested and you say, "yes, I tested positive for COVID," your name/case goes in the "do not report" pile?

      So.. from what I've seen and I've been working on contact tracing since March/beginning of April.... no that's not the case where you get counted twice. In VA that all gets reported up to VDH(Virginia Dept of Health)... that is in turn reported back to the local gov't department of health who then does the contact tracing/questionnaire/monitoring of cases. VDH and the local government spend a fair bit of time de-duping records to get an accurate count for reporting from what I've experienced.

    11. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      15,982
      Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-22-2020 12:37 PM #17435
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Chilling with the neighbors a little bit before dinner last night, and after we left a mask discussion happened between two of the wives.

      Wife #1: The only reason we wear masks is to keep us from touching our faces.
      Wife #2: No.... it's to keep the airborne transmission down, to keep us from giving it to each other......
      W1: (sigh) is that what they say on the Democratic news?
      W2: Uh, no.. They've been saying that on every news.
      W1: Of all the times I have been in the OR, the only reason we didn't get sick is because we washed our hands.

      W1 is a recently retired (2018) anesthesia nurse or something.

      Holy ****.

      I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't still out there BECAUSE OH MY GOD I MUST LEARN where she is getting her information. How in the world is someone with a career in the medical field so disconnected????

      I need to know if:

      1) She's going on information she read six months ago (Like the people that are still echoing the CDC's recommendations to leave the masks for the front like workers back in March)
      2) There is some currently some extreme right outlet (or pundit) broadcasting this.
      3) Her "news" is from Facebook and she's scrolling through garbage from 1 & 2.

      This is where I go with these types of discussions now. You can't change their mind, but you can at least know the source of their stupid. I know that doesn't help, but it makes me sleep better at night knowing that I didn't bother arguing with a ****ing moron.
      I get to listen to my fiancee rant "I won't ever hire a nurse" pretty much daily. She has a bunch of foreign med school grads and RNs spread across a bunch of hospitals. The foreign med school grads are all competent, massively capable of critical thought, and generally able to work independently and take initiative. About half the nurses are totally repetitive task and go completely off the rails in bizarre ways if not monitored closely. She also has some bright RNs on her staff but you need a 125 IQ to get into a medical school anywhere on the planet but an awful lot of RNs are very average. If you don't have the capacity for critical thought, it's pretty easy to get hijacked by right wing Faux News.

    12. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      22,112
      Vehicles
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      09-22-2020 01:03 PM #17436
      UK on the path to 50,000 cases per day if trends continue: NPR Link

      Meanwhile my SO sends me photos from a nightclub in Shenyang where life is business-as-usual save everyone wearing a mask. Of course the big difference is now that Chinese cities reach such a low caseload getting into these cities is a huge hurdle. Air travel involves a mandatory 14 day quarantine period in a hotel along with testing. Following that a 7 day quarantine at home. Anyone testing positive brings down the troops and more quarantine for any possible transmission contacts.

      Authoritarian and ultra big brother but it works. Unfortunately in USA we want low case loads AND the freedom to travel and do whatever we damn well please.

    13. Member bave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2013
      Posts
      4,035
      09-22-2020 01:07 PM #17437
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      I get to listen to my fiancee rant "I won't ever hire a nurse" pretty much daily. She has a bunch of foreign med school grads and RNs spread across a bunch of hospitals. The foreign med school grads are all competent, massively capable of critical thought, and generally able to work independently and take initiative. About half the nurses are totally repetitive task and go completely off the rails in bizarre ways if not monitored closely. She also has some bright RNs on her staff but you need a 125 IQ to get into a medical school anywhere on the planet but an awful lot of RNs are very average. If you don't have the capacity for critical thought, it's pretty easy to get hijacked by right wing Faux News.
      FMGs as a whole are generally pretty weak compared to a US trained allopathic physician. There is a reason why FMGs can't match into competitive residency/fellowship programs easily at all. I personally won't go to an FMG unless I see they came from a top flight program that is globally recognized (and they rarely leave). Nurse quality has declined dramatically, especially with midlevels. 10-20 years ago PAs/NPs used to be decent quality, now they are being churned out by online degree mills to C students and being given life/death decision making responsibility.

    14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      16,645
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-22-2020 01:07 PM #17438
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      UK on the path to 50,000 cases per day if trends continue: NPR Link

      Meanwhile my SO sends me photos from a nightclub in Shenyang where life is business-as-usual save everyone wearing a mask. Of course the big difference is now that Chinese cities reach such a low caseload getting into these cities is a huge hurdle. Air travel involves a mandatory 14 day quarantine period in a hotel along with testing. Following that a 7 day quarantine at home. Anyone testing positive brings down the troops and more quarantine for any possible transmission contacts.

      Authoritarian and ultra big brother but it works. Unfortunately in USA we want low case loads AND the freedom to travel and do whatever we damn well please.
      Asia has been conditioned to wear masks for decades because of the pollution. And, as you mentioned, FREEDOM! has a lot to do with it (or lack thereof).
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    15. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      18,319
      Vehicles
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      09-22-2020 01:30 PM #17439
      Speaking of whack-job nurses...wife's friend who lives down the street is a nurse at a local hospital. I've discussed her previously in this thread. Here are just some of the reasons I am not a fan:

      - In the beginning, she has said COVID was created by China to curb population and/or created to undermine Trump's presidency.
      - She says Michigan COVID numbers are fake because she believes each time the same positive patient is subsequently tested positive, it adds to the total.
      - She has been out and about non-stop. Carefree, like COVID doesn't even exist.
      - Her two kids (ages 10 and 12) roam free unsupervised. Since the lockdown first started, they would still ride their bikes to 7-11 multiple times a day and then ask my kids if they want to hang out (I said no). The day before masks were mandated in Michigan, I saw the 10 year old at ACE Hardware with a friend and without a mask even though everyone else was wearing them. When I asked him why he was there, he didn't even know.
      - My wife let her borrow my pressure washer two years in a row. She kept it a month each time. Returned without fuel both times. Second time looked like it was left in a field for weeks. Spray nozzle handle looks like it was ran over. She wanted to borrow it again this year, I told her no.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 | 2018 RAM 1500 | 2000 Cobalt 246 w/454 Mag MPI

    16. Member bave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2013
      Posts
      4,035
      09-22-2020 01:41 PM #17440
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      - My wife let her borrow my pressure washer two years in a row. She kept it a month each time. Returned without fuel both times. Second time looked like it was left in a field for weeks. Spray nozzle handle looks like it was ran over. She wanted to borrow it again this year, I told her no.
      All things aside, this alone should be cause for a death sentence. Borrowing a tool, and returning it in poor condition is unacceptable in any sort of society. Even in Syria this is unheard of. Whenever I borrow something it goes back in superior condition.

    17. Member B3passatBMX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2004
      Location
      Coloradical
      Posts
      10,929
      Vehicles
      91 318iS,13 GTI
      09-22-2020 02:11 PM #17441
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      I get to listen to my fiancee rant "I won't ever hire a nurse" pretty much daily. She has a bunch of foreign med school grads and RNs spread across a bunch of hospitals. The foreign med school grads are all competent, massively capable of critical thought, and generally able to work independently and take initiative. About half the nurses are totally repetitive task and go completely off the rails in bizarre ways if not monitored closely. She also has some bright RNs on her staff but you need a 125 IQ to get into a medical school anywhere on the planet but an awful lot of RNs are very average. If you don't have the capacity for critical thought, it's pretty easy to get hijacked by right wing Faux News.
      My 21yo step sister is in school to be an RN now. Has from the start called it a hoax, joked about it and in general doesn't seem to care one bit. Always out with her friends inside bars, gone to Myrtle Beach twice this summer. All the while coming home to my aging father whos health isn't great and my step mom who's on oxygen and can barely walk thanks to a horrid case of scoliosis. They don't care either which frightens me almost more. Constantly going to see my 93 grandfather in his home (chatting through the window) without masks and recently gave my brother a heap of **** because they hadn't met his new born yet...mind you their child was born massively premature (1 week into the 3rd trimester) and although she's doing great, is still at a high risk of complication. My dad and them can't understand why they're being so protective and think it's their right to see her and threw a fit when they finally got to and were asked to wear masks when they held her. I've tried civil conversation which usually ends up in the typical anti-masker conspiracy BS. They've also recently become extremely outspoken politically (for Trump) and have been purposely baiting friends and family into arguments spewing the typical nonsensical drivel you'd expect from people who believe an orange tv host over scientist and doctors.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      1991 318is M50 Swapped
      2013 GTI

    18. Member PlatinumGLS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Shelby Township, MI
      Posts
      18,319
      Vehicles
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      09-22-2020 02:20 PM #17442
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      All things aside, this alone should be cause for a death sentence. Borrowing a tool, and returning it in poor condition is unacceptable in any sort of society. Even in Syria this is unheard of. Whenever I borrow something it goes back in superior condition.
      I agree with the tool borrowing code. Figuratively speaking, she is dead to me
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 | 2018 RAM 1500 | 2000 Cobalt 246 w/454 Mag MPI

    19. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      17,235
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      09-22-2020 02:26 PM #17443
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      How in the world is someone with a career in the medical field so disconnected????
      We see this all the time.

      Nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners... They watch the same news everyone else does. If they choose to watch the news that tells them masks are bad, then that's what they believe.

      They'll wear a mask at work because their bosses tell them to, and that's it.

      They work in a field ruled by science and they're actively denying science.

      It's mind boggling.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

    20. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      29,763
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-22-2020 02:44 PM #17444
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      We see this all the time.

      Nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners... They watch the same news everyone else does. If they choose to watch the news that tells them masks are bad, then that's what they believe.

      They'll wear a mask at work because their bosses tell them to, and that's it.

      They work in a field ruled by science and they're actively denying science.

      It's mind boggling.
      yeah, i know a few nurses through family and friends. one lives in TX, constantly posting about how the virus is a hoax and is very anti-mask. Also, posts selfies wearing a mask at work... Second one i know works in a nursing home and was completely oblivious to anything going on in the world. She called my wife asking if she "knew anything about this virus thing" because the NA Casino they went to see some 80's hair band at cancelled the show (i think in march or april, pretty sure i had been working from home for a few weeks at this point). She's a nurse, working in a nursing home with the most vulnerable, and had NO IDEA that the virus even existed until it impacted her life.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    21. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2006
      Location
      NH
      Posts
      11,344
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-22-2020 03:01 PM #17445
      Quote Originally Posted by B3passatBMX View Post
      My 21yo step sister is in school to be an RN now. Has from the start called it a hoax, joked about it and in general doesn't seem to care one bit. Always out with her friends inside bars, gone to Myrtle Beach twice this summer. All the while coming home to my aging father whos health isn't great and my step mom who's on oxygen and can barely walk thanks to a horrid case of scoliosis. They don't care either which frightens me almost more. Constantly going to see my 93 grandfather in his home (chatting through the window) without masks and recently gave my brother a heap of **** because they hadn't met his new born yet...mind you their child was born massively premature (1 week into the 3rd trimester) and although she's doing great, is still at a high risk of complication. My dad and them can't understand why they're being so protective and think it's their right to see her and threw a fit when they finally got to and were asked to wear masks when they held her. I've tried civil conversation which usually ends up in the typical anti-masker conspiracy BS. They've also recently become extremely outspoken politically (for Trump) and have been purposely baiting friends and family into arguments spewing the typical nonsensical drivel you'd expect from people who believe an orange tv host over scientist and doctors.
      Unfortunately a lot of people prefer to believe a far fetched but comfortable conspiracy over a hard to swallow truth.
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      fact; there are no, NO, ZERO evidence that washing hands...work.

    22. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Posts
      18,681
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      09-22-2020 03:04 PM #17446
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      We see this all the time.

      Nurses, doctors, nurse practitioners... They watch the same news everyone else does. If they choose to watch the news that tells them masks are bad, then that's what they believe.

      They'll wear a mask at work because their bosses tell them to, and that's it.

      They work in a field ruled by science and they're actively denying science.

      It's mind boggling.
      My Mom knows that she needs to wear a mask, and keep PPE up due to years of working as a dental hygienist. Then she hangs out with family without masks because she trusts them to be safe.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

    23. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      15,982
      Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-22-2020 03:09 PM #17447
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      yeah, i know a few nurses through family and friends. one lives in TX, constantly posting about how the virus is a hoax and is very anti-mask. Also, posts selfies wearing a mask at work... Second one i know works in a nursing home and was completely oblivious to anything going on in the world. She called my wife asking if she "knew anything about this virus thing" because the NA Casino they went to see some 80's hair band at cancelled the show (i think in march or april, pretty sure i had been working from home for a few weeks at this point). She's a nurse, working in a nursing home with the most vulnerable, and had NO IDEA that the virus even existed until it impacted her life.
      You can get an RN at the community colleges here. You need 7th grade arithmetic skills and a bit of High School biology to get admitted. That's pretty different from a BSN from one of the strong Boston schools. Nursing homes pay lousy so most are staffed with those community college RNs. It's repetitive task work. As long as their boss is competent, they probably won't kill people. In Massachusetts, it turned out that most of the people in charge weren't competent and there was an enormous body count. The state had to step in and insist on a process so they stopped killing all the residents. They still kill some but it's much improved from last March/April.

    24. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2006
      Location
      NH
      Posts
      11,344
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-22-2020 03:21 PM #17448
      Just caught a piece of a video from Trump's rally yesterday on which he said "the disease effects virtually no one".

      And yet...there are people, on this very forum, trying to tell me that our country's problems are as much to blame on everyone else as they are on him.
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      fact; there are no, NO, ZERO evidence that washing hands...work.

    25. Member B3passatBMX's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2004
      Location
      Coloradical
      Posts
      10,929
      Vehicles
      91 318iS,13 GTI
      09-22-2020 03:33 PM #17449
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      Just caught a piece of a video from Trump's rally yesterday on which he said "the disease effects virtually no one".

      And yet...there are people, on this very forum, trying to tell me that our country's problems are as much to blame on everyone else as they are on him.
      Alternative facts?
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      1991 318is M50 Swapped
      2013 GTI

    26. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      33,166
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      09-22-2020 03:36 PM #17450
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      Unfortunately a lot of people prefer to believe a far fetched but comfortable conspiracy over a hard to swallow truth.
      If you have Netflix, check out the new release The Social Dilemma. It will partly explain why this is happening right now in history.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    Page 698 of 758 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708748 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.