VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

what are these lights?

2K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  ravenflies 
#1 ·
and how to switch them on?

See less See more
#4 ·
The large ones are low beam, the tiny one is position light I think. The high beam are at the outmost positions.
The low beam I used to turn on using the knob to the left of the steering wheel on the dash board.
I changed that in VCDS and enabled DRL,daytime running lights.
Wiken

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

#7 ·
If you want them to turn on at the same time you turn the key, you should enable DRL in VCDS.
There is a description in the forum om how it's done.
One thing, if you want to turn on the high beam, you have to turn the knob anyway, irritating, but that's how mine work.
Wiken

#8 ·
can I adjust height of these light via VCDS?
or manually through the xenons jets?
The height is self adjusting, that's a rule or law.
It's calibrated or adapted using an expensive piece of equipment, Bosch, I think.
You can change the lights on the mechanical knobs under the hood.
Whether that's recommended or not, I can't tell, I have adjusted mine due to broken screw fittings.
Wiken

#20 ·
yes that photo is similar to mine

number 1 is hazard lights
number 2 cannot switch on no matter what
number 3 low beam works
number 4 works also when i try to switch on high beam
If number 1 is hazard light i think someone has messed things up. It really looks like there is a turn indicator bulb of some kind there but that is the place for the high beam.
Read the users handbook to at least get an idea of how things are supposed to work. If you don’t have one get one!From that you can sort out the obvious and after that get a grip of the real problems.

Lennart

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

#23 ·
Your high beam is the same as your dipped beam - when activated, the angle is physically adjusted upwards.

When you pull your headlight flasher you should notice that the beam briefly moves up and then back down again.

#22 ·
I think my high beams were blinking once. It may have been the low beams but this is what happened:

When 8486 was having battery problems I accidentally set off the alarm. The headlights were flashing rapidly like a police car. The left one would flash, then the right one. I don't know if that is normal because I try not to set off the alarm. The horn was silent because I removed the alarm horn fuse.

I know it was the headlights but I quickly hit the unlock button so I am not sure if it was the low beams or high beams but they were pretty bright.

The tail lights were flashing one side at a time also.

#26 ·
Has it been upgraded with lights from the later model? I don’t recognize your lights as the ones on the earlier models. I am not shure when they changed but I think is was 2011. I think someone here can shed some light on this.
What happens if you turn the steering wheel fully to the left with light #2 when you have the lights switched on? I suspect this could be the turning light that lits up the area outside the ordinary light area in sharper bends bu I guess someone here with that model can help.
What does the manual to your car say about this?

Lennart

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

#27 ·
These lights came 2008.
Light nr 1 is the turning signal.
nr 2 is the cornering lights ( a light that works when you turn your wheel or put on your turning signal in speeds below 25 km/h)
Nr 3 is the headlight, on this model you only have one light for both dip beam and high beam.
The long light in the bottom are your DRL light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.