VWVortex.com - Need To Buy My First Hunting Rifle
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need To Buy My First Hunting Rifle

1. 02-10-2020 07:11 AM #1
      Hey guys, i need some help. I just turned 18 and can now after some paper work I can possess and acquire a firearm in Canada. I have a great deal of money saved up for a nice rifle (big game)and a scope, but with so much to choose from I am overwhelmed. I wanted to hear from the community. I want to know what caliber and make your gun is and what big game you mainly go after.

Firstly it comes to caliber, i will settle with any of the 7mm rem mag, .308, or 30-06 as from my understanding they are so similar.

Second of all, my price range for the rifle is about $1000 - $1400. As i do not want to cheap out on the rifle I can use my entire life. BUT, what i have come to learn is that your scope should be close to as expensive as the rifle itself. I may be an exception to this currently because i do not hunt anywhere that would be common to take a shot over 250 yards.

Finally, i plan on hunting moose and deer with this rifle. Ask any questions, and please share some info. Thanks guys!fedloan irs.gov easybib
      Last edited by tyresebro1; 02-11-2020 at 02:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-11-2020 02:36 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by tyresebro1 View Post
      Hey guys, i need some help. I just turned 18 and can now after some paper work I can possess and acquire a firearm in Canada. I have a great deal of money saved up for a nice rifle (big game)and a scope, but with so much to choose from I am overwhelmed. I wanted to hear from the community. I want to know what caliber and make your gun is and what big game you mainly go after.

Firstly it comes to caliber, i will settle with any of the 7mm rem mag, .308, or 30-06 as from my understanding they are so similar.

Second of all, my price range for the rifle is about $1000 - $1400. As i do not want to cheap out on the rifle I can use my entire life. BUT, what i have come to learn is that your scope should be close to as expensive as the rifle itself. I may be an exception to this currently because i do not hunt anywhere that would be common to take a shot over 250 yards.

Finally, i plan on hunting moose and deer with this rifle. Ask any questions, and please share some info. Thanks guys!

my issue got solved!!

4. 02-11-2020 02:39 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by tyresebro1 View Post

Finally, i plan on hunting moose and deer with this rifle. Ask any questions, and please share some info. Thanks guys!

thankyou so much!!!