VWVortex.com - Identifying Parts / Connectors in 2013 Jetta 2.5L SEL
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Identifying Parts / Connectors in 2013 Jetta 2.5L SEL

1. 02-12-2020 01:44 PM #1
      Hello all,

As the title states I own a 2013 Jetta 2.5L SEL that I have recently begun doing some repair work on. I've run into a few wires that I can't seem to find any information on, as well as a small rubber wind shield that I cannot for the life of me find the replacement part for.

The first connector l am looking for more info on seems to be the ambient air temperature sensor. In a video I've been following it appears as though there is a clip to connect it to the bottom of the bumper seen outlined in red here.

The next part / Connector I am looking for is another wire that appears to be attached to the driver side headlight power connector as seen here to the left of the large connector. Does anyone know what this is called and what it connects to?

Lastly all I am looking for is the rubber wind deflectors that attach to the radiator support. I cannot for the life of me find out what these parts are called, and how to order them.

If anyone has any insight or knowledge as to what these parts are and what I should look for when ordering to replace them I will be eternally grateful. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      BT 20th GTI #0218, 15 Passat TSI, 15 Jetta TDI
      02-12-2020 03:36 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by hwhit88 View Post
      Hello all,

As the title states I own a 2013 Jetta 2.5L SEL that I have recently begun doing some repair work on. I've run into a few wires that I can't seem to find any information on, as well as a small rubber wind shield that I cannot for the life of me find the replacement part for.

The first connector l am looking for more info on seems to be the ambient air temperature sensor. In a video I've been following it appears as though there is a clip to connect it to the bottom of the bumper seen outlined in red here.

The next part / Connector I am looking for is another wire that appears to be attached to the driver side headlight power connector as seen here to the left of the large connector. Does anyone know what this is called and what it connects to?

Lastly all I am looking for is the rubber wind deflectors that attach to the radiator support. I cannot for the life of me find out what these parts are called, and how to order them.

If anyone has any insight or knowledge as to what these parts are and what I should look for when ordering to replace them I will be eternally grateful. Thank you!
      The connector with the blank is for the hood microswitch, some vehicles did not come with but the connection is present on the harness. The air deflectors can be found at the dealer, you can call to get part numbers and check pricing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Scott

4. 02-12-2020 04:13 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic 20 View Post
      The connector with the blank is for the hood microswitch, some vehicles did not come with but the connection is present on the harness. The air deflectors can be found at the dealer, you can call to get part numbers and check pricing.

What / where exactly does that microswitch connect to?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      BT 20th GTI #0218, 15 Passat TSI, 15 Jetta TDI
      02-13-2020 12:24 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by hwhit88 View Post
      What / where exactly does that microswitch connect to?
      It's a separate harness that goes from the hood latch to the blank plug. The switch clips onto the latch, it's just for alarm purposes or remote start. Just let's the car know if the hood is open.

Scott