VWVortex.com - Looking for a manual accord wagon
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 167

    Thread: Looking for a manual accord wagon

    1. 02-13-2020 07:24 PM #1
      So the 100CS trail is deader than dead. I just can't find one that meets my standards as they are all heeps now. I guess the fact that they made so few to begin with, coupled with that era audi just leaves me SOL. So I have been moving on to another wagon that I like, but of course am having an issue finding:

      The 1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX (Manual)

      I have found a handfull of wagons, but I just can't find one with a manual. And I know they made them, as it is in the 1991 brochure I have. If anyone comes across any, I would be obliged to send some beer


    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 02-13-2020 07:38 PM #2
      Didnt know the next gen had manuals available too
      Back in 1999 these things could not be left on the street as they would be stolen in 3 seconds

    4. 02-13-2020 07:41 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Didnt know the next gen had manuals available too
      Back in 1999 these things could not be left on the street as they would be stolen in 3 seconds
      Yeah I just never liked that gen. It was decontented- didn't have the rear dog net, rear headrests, ir locking system etc. And I've never seen one with leather like the previous gen offered.

      I'd actually love blue or red cloth but fat chance.

    5. 02-13-2020 07:48 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Yeah I just never liked that gen. It was decontented- didn't have the rear dog net, rear headrests, ir locking system etc. And I've never seen one with leather like the previous gen offered.

      I'd actually love blue or red cloth but fat chance.
      Really didn't know decontenting started in this gen as I liked these to , 1998+ was the gen I noticed cheap looking seats, simplified dash looked made to be cheaply assembled, and just super bland(except the coupes tailights).

      Id say try getting a JDM wagon


    6. Member r_fostoria's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2009
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,511
      Vehicles
      2002 VW Golf
      02-13-2020 08:01 PM #5
      You wanted a highly specific automatic Audi and now a totally different manual Honda is acceptable? Dude, just buy an A6, it's like 95% what you were looking for in the first place.

      https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...065283195.html


    7. 02-13-2020 08:16 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      You wanted a highly specific automatic Audi and now a totally different manual Honda is acceptable? Dude, just buy an A6, it's like 95% what you were looking for in the first place.

      https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...065283195.html

      I'm very specific. And that's not what I want. But thanks for the link.

    8. 02-13-2020 08:27 PM #7
      I dunno r_fostoria ... I wouldn't wish a 25 yr old Audi with all that tech on my worst enemy.

    9. Member s-rocc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      reassembled in a garage, pa
      Posts
      9,915
      Vehicles
      bunch of old german junk
      02-13-2020 09:41 PM #8
      It's a well known fact that every accord wagon is now slammed on cheap coilovers with crappy wheels and a bangin' system.
      this / is / where / your / sweet / mods / go

    10. Member Pnuu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      5,326
      Vehicles
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      02-13-2020 10:16 PM #9
      There are two for sale on my local Craigslist, but they're both automatics.

      You may be better off finding the best condition wagon you can, which will be some grandma-owned automatic, and then the lowest mile manual sedan you can find. Wheel them both into the shop, swappy-swappy, and roll out your dream manual wagon. Then sell the now automatic sedan for what you paid for it.

    11. 02-13-2020 10:22 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post

      The 1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX (Manual)

      I have found a handfull of wagons, but I just can't find one with a manual. And I know they made them, as it is in the 1991 brochure I have. If anyone comes across any, I would be obliged to send some beer

      ]
      Unfortunately you are almost never going to find one of these generation wagons with a manual. (1990-1993) Why? Because any that are left are owned by fans that are going to keep them until they die or the car dies.
      Last edited by focusgroup1; 02-13-2020 at 10:56 PM.

    12. 02-13-2020 10:26 PM #11
      That anemic oil burning 2.8 with the manual its a slug i can only imagine with the auto

    13. Senior Member Iroczgirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2007
      Location
      Bend, OR
      Posts
      33,653
      Vehicles
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      02-13-2020 10:40 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by s-rocc View Post
      It's a well known fact that every accord wagon is now slammed on cheap coilovers with crappy wheels and a bangin' system.
      Pretty much.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

    14. Member r_fostoria's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2009
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,511
      Vehicles
      2002 VW Golf
      02-13-2020 10:40 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      That anemic oil burning 2.8 with the manual its a slug i can only imagine with the auto
      That's what he was asking for, though.

      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...agon-1992-1994

    15. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      32,616
      Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      02-13-2020 10:46 PM #14
      Here you go... https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/10/...-accord-wagon/

      Seriously... I bet a manual Accord wagon is one of the rarest used cars in the US right now. There are only 7 Accord wagons listed for sale in the whole country according cars.com, car gurus and Autotrader, all automatics.

    16. Member r_fostoria's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2009
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,511
      Vehicles
      2002 VW Golf
      02-13-2020 10:49 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Seriously... I bet a manual Accord wagon is one of the rarest used cars in the US right now. There are only 7 Accord wagons listed for sale in the whole country according cars.com, car gurus and Autotrader, all automatics.
      I think the best results are going to come from Facebook marketplace at this point. I got quite a few hits that way, but all were automatic. As far as I know, you can't search a radius of more than 100 miles though, so doing a comprehensive nationwide search isn't possible.

    17. 02-13-2020 10:58 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      I think the best results are going to come from Facebook marketplace at this point. I got quite a few hits that way, but all were automatic. As far as I know, you can't search a radius of more than 100 miles though, so doing a comprehensive nationwide search isn't possible.

      The problem still is that even if you are lucky enough to come across one for sale it will be either A) priced like an exotic, or B)
      a clapped out piece of junk. So for the ordinary buyer there will be no viable units available.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      5,453
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      02-13-2020 10:59 PM #17
      Speaking of JDM wagons




    19. Member r_fostoria's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2009
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,511
      Vehicles
      2002 VW Golf
      02-13-2020 11:09 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by focusgroup1 View Post
      The problem still is that even if you are lucky enough to come across one for sale it will be either A) priced like an exotic, or B)
      a clapped out piece of junk. So for the ordinary buyer there will be no viable units available.
      Ice4life only likes car that exist purely theoretically.

    20. 02-13-2020 11:13 PM #19
      All the ones I found were auto too, and at that not many, but several of them looked very well preserved.

      What about a trans swap?
      https://www.swapshopracing.com/conte...onversion.html

      Did find a post on reddit from 2017 by a 17year old kid talking about his first manual trans cars,
      so yeah they are out there...

      https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen..._honda_accord/

      It looked clean too!




    21. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      5,453
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      02-13-2020 11:20 PM #20
      Look up mauro02 on Instagram. I know him from CB7Tuner. Damn, we prob go back damn near 20 years. Anyway he is a CB9 (4th gen Accord wagon) NUT. He imported one from Japan and has done a few cool restomod builds.

      My pick of that era would prob be a Prelude.

    22. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      32,616
      Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      02-13-2020 11:46 PM #21
      Auto tempest searches all of Craigslist, ebay, and more. Zero manual Accord wagons.


    23. Member BlackMiata's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2018
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      469
      Vehicles
      1992 Miata, 2001 VW GTI, 2018 A6, SQ5
      02-14-2020 12:21 AM #22
      This one looks like a manual based on pictures;

      https://providence.craigslist.org/pt...059994132.html

    24. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      32,616
      Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      02-14-2020 12:26 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by BlackMiata View Post
      This one looks like a manual based on pictures;

      https://providence.craigslist.org/pt...059994132.html
      Literally in a junkyard.

      I think the best bet is like someone said earlier, but the nicest one you can find then do a trans swap.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Nuevo México
      Posts
      383
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat 6-speed; 2017 Tiguan 4-Motion; 1981 Vanagon
      02-14-2020 12:32 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by BlackMiata View Post
      This one looks like a manual based on pictures;

      https://providence.craigslist.org/pt...059994132.html
      $500. That may be the cheapest way to get a manual transmission for swapping into an automatic wagon. There could be a few other salvageable parts, but it looks fairly rough.
      Alpinweiß 2
      2008 Passat 6-speed manual
      2017 Tiguan 4-Motion
      1981 Vanagon
      formerly Alpinweiss (Alpinweiß)

    26. Member jettagli1991's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2002
      Location
      Orchard Park, NY
      Posts
      4,639
      Vehicles
      '91 Jetta GLI, '68 Beetle 'vert, '82 Cutlass, '18 Frontier
      02-14-2020 01:02 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by s-rocc View Post
      It's a well known fact that every accord wagon is now slammed on cheap coilovers with crappy wheels and a bangin' system.
      In my area, that was true 10 years ago when I was looking for cheap reliable beaters. I swear everyone with a riced-out Civic bought one as a "family vehicle" after having a kid or 2, especially the manual ones. I'd see them up on CL with tacky mods, beat paint, and a child seat in the back. Now they're all gone. There has to be good one hiding in a garage somewhere though.

    Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •