VWVortex.com - What does everyone think about storing battery/electric yard tools in a shed?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

View Poll Results: What does everyone think about storing battery/electric yard tools in a shed?

Voters
    1. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

1 100.00%
    • No

0 0%

Thread: What does everyone think about storing battery/electric yard tools in a shed?

Vehicles
      13 Highlander Hybrid Limited, 06 Miata Sport, 05 Sienna LE, 02 Ninja 250
      02-14-2020 08:35 PM #1
      What does everyone think about storing battery/electric yard tools in a shed?

Just that.
      I have a number of outdoor tools at this point.

Some are gas powered, and I have less concern with storing something like a gas lawnmower, chainsaw, or leaf blower in the shed. I dont know why... I just do, I would guess it stems from them SEEMING to have fewer electronics to cause issues and that we stored our riding lawnmower fully outside without even a cover for years.

But now I also have a number of corded and battery electric tools as well, and with our new home move about 2 yrs ago, I lost significant overall HOME storage space.
      I used to have an attic, basement, AND 2+ car garage... now I have a 3 car garage and an approx 7x7 shed, but no attic or basement.

So now that I have a corded hedge trimmer, and battery leaf blower, string trimmer, and lawn mower...

Should I REALLY store them inside... or will storing them in the shed be ok?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2016 Audi S3 / 2004 .:R / 2017 GOLF SportWagen 4Motion
      02-15-2020 10:57 AM #2
      Sheds are a must when you have a lawn/home. I recently moved and I currently don’t have one, which will be rectified this spring. My last house had an 8’x10’ which I had maximized with bikes, lawnmower, desk furniture over winter etc. Very useful and key for the success of clutter management in your garage.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      a thumper and a MK6
      Today 09:44 AM #3
      Equipment outside, batteries in the climate-controller indoors.
      “Supermoto bikes exist so that 40 year old men who know better can act like total a--holes.”

"Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training."