VWVortex.com - DSC Sport Controller for S3/RS3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: DSC Sport Controller for S3/RS3

1. 03-17-2020 07:25 PM #1
      I've posted before about my disdain for this magnetic ride control. It is trash. I don't think Audi did any tuning on it. Upon ever first reading about magnetic ride control, I was tickled pink thinking about what this meant for suspensions. My preconceived notion was, Comfort, it would ride like an old school Buick or modern day Lexus. Auto, it would be something similar to a VW GTI. Dynamic, something meant for an autocross setting. Well from the factory it was none of those. Comfort was anything but comfortable except when on glass smooth roads. Auto was more comfortable than comfort and was definitely the best of the 3, in my opinion but it still fell short of my expectations. Dynamic was good for some highway driving where the roads weren't super terrible and it definitely absorbed speed bumps the best, imo.

I had every intentions on getting rid of the mag ride until I ran across info about DSC Sport. They didn't have anything available at the time for VAG but I kept sending emails asking and then finally the day. I ordered the controller as soon as I saw it was available. I installed the DSC Sport Controller today and drove around for about 30 minutes testing out each setting. Just an FYI, I do have a sound system in my car with a few amps in back, so that may affect the ride a little bit and my tank is full at the moment. Here we go:

- Comfort : It is now comfortable. Exactly how I imaged it would be. Super compliant, almost floaty. I didn't even know the suspension had that much travel.
      - Auto : It's not quite the GTI ride I was expecting. It's very similar to Comfort but a little bit more controlled.
      - Dynamic : Love. Dynamic is VW GTI drive mode. My GTI reference is based on me previously owning a MK5 GLI. Compliant and soft, yet controlled. It is the mode that I imagine most people would leave it in.

My suspension mods are Tyrol locking collars, front and rear, H&R Rear sway bar, and SuperPro rear sway bar end links.

Every mode is not exactly how I imaged it would be but it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock. The controller is tunable. You can change and manipulate the ride until you get it to where you want it or you can just email DSC and ask them to make some changes for you.

Is it worth it? If you dislike the mag ride as much as I do, then absolutely. The controller isn't cheap at $1300 but considering that the iSweep Canceler Kit cost $500, the lowest cost of decent shocks is around $600, and if you decide to do springs, $250. That's $1350 at the low end and that's if you DIY. 5 minute job installing the controller, no blood, sweat and tears, I get to keep the ability to change suspension modes and gain the ability to tune the ride to my own preference. This is the future friends.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Audi A3 2.0TSI quattro + DSG
      03-18-2020 10:01 AM #2
      Link please...

Sent fra min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Vehicles
      Audi A3 2.0TSI quattro + DSG
      03-18-2020 10:12 AM #3
      https://www.dscsport.com/product/v4-controller-audi-2/

Sent fra min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      15 GTI, 03 Jetta Wolfsburg
      03-20-2020 02:33 PM #4
      I was not aware of these but I sure like the sound of this. I’m on EMD springs and it rides same as stock. One thing I noticed is that the ride is far better with my Neuspeed wheels and PS4S tires vs my winter setup of stock 19s and Dunlop snows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 03-20-2020 03:40 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSS17 View Post
      I was not aware of these but I sure like the sound of this. I’m on EMD springs and it rides same as stock. One thing I noticed is that the ride is far better with my Neuspeed wheels and PS4S tires vs my winter setup of stock 19s and Dunlop snows.

What size are your Neuspeed wheels? I had 17's and the car rode much better but it still wasn't what I would call great. I had to put my 19's back on because the tires on the 17's are done and I had a Stoptech BBK sitting in my closet for almost 3 years now that needed to go on.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      15 GTI, 03 Jetta Wolfsburg
      03-21-2020 01:10 PM #6
      19x9. The lighter weight helps improve ride. Plus snow tires kinda ride like crap anyways.