VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Helix subwoofer for arteon

14K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  bihslk 
#1 ·
Hi guys I just installed helix subwoofer on my arteon then i went to the dealer to program and code it with dongle the code it to passat B8 and this 85 and I feel there nothing different before I programmed hope I found someone had done that
Thank you

#7 ·
Since VW supports/list the Helix fitting the Arteon, I would have to believe that they do have a specific file for it.
And your dealer might not have their SD card (for the programmer) updated, if they do.
I'd reach out to Helix and ask though, since they'll know more than the average Joe behind the VW parts counter

#20 ·
Do like the MK7 guys do:

For extra room, you can remove the "feet" off the box. And try letting some air out of the spare too, but keep a little compressor in the car, so it doesn't stand too high.
Just a couple ideas

#22 ·
LOL, you're the one with the Arteon (not me)....but I'm not sure/haven't seen one.

The guy in post #18 said he put the spare on top of his Helix in his Arteon though & it stuck up an inch. I was just giving you a couple extra options to lower the height (if it did protrude) and keep the spare

#25 ·
If you just listen to radio or CD player and SD card will be good enough but if you wanna get the best results just go with Bluetooth with any device you like but first in sitting chose loud in Bluetooth plus use HQ music and EQ on your device will adjust the midst and highs I use my phone with jetaudio player and songs rate 320 kbps

#30 ·
Started my sub install this afternoon. I’ll tackle the wiring part tomorrow. In the tutorial videos I watched, the harness was ran under the back seat. Is that how you all did it? It just seems like a tight space (especially if the seat gets folded down), and I’m worried about the wires getting damaged and causing a problem.

also, is it necessary to use both yellow/black harnesses that come with the sub? I watched 2 videos and they each did it differently.

Vid1

Vid 2

#33 ·
So what is the bass from this thing comparable to? Like 8", 10" sub or what?

Is it worth the money because the sound is good or because it fits in the spare well?

The base in my car is really lacking and is really my only complaint with this car thus far. My Gti had the premium sound (I think it was fender) with factory sub and although it sounded much better than my Arteon it was nowhere near the sound I've had in the past with 8" subs or a 10" in a sealed or ported box with a dedicated single channel amp.

#34 ·
So what is the bass from this thing comparable to? Like 8", 10" sub or what?

Is it worth the money because the sound is good or because it fits in the spare well?

The base in my car is really lacking and is really my only complaint with this car thus far. My Gti had the premium sound (I think it was fender) with factory sub and although it sounded much better than my Arteon it was nowhere near the sound I've had in the past with 8" subs or a 10" in a sealed or ported box with a dedicated single channel amp.
That's hard to describe.
It's got two little 6" subs, so don't expect it to be super pounding with the bass or anything but it fills everything in nicely and has the DSP for better sound to the door speakers.

The benefits....designed for the car (and when programmed should sound right specifically for the car), under warranty still, and it's plug & play while being clean & stealthy in the spare tire well since it's a self contained unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.