Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minilite Wheels and All Other Likewise Variants Mega Thread

1. 03-20-2020 06:23 PM #1

I have always loved the look of Minilites and the many variants thereof.

First introduced to them via mid 80's Saab 900 turbo when I ran the factory Saab Minilite version which were initially made by Carroll Shelby,
      here's a good read regarding those:
      https://www.carthrottle.com/post/poog5jj/

Later I upgraded to a set of Panasport Pro Rally for the Saab and those are indeed totally awesome.

I now run a 2006 MINI R53 JCW equipped with Rota RB which have served me well despite Rota getting a good bit of criticism online --- they are very affordable as well as lighter in weight to their competitors who also make these famous 8 spoke style wheels.

Just wanted to post up a thread for putting as many pix as possible with all variety of cars featuring different variants of Cooper style wheels, which I call them due to legacy heritage and is not a dis on Minilite at all because I most often use that descriptor so it is more easily understood what I'm referring to --- the Cooper angle will be addressed shortly further down in a pedantic fashion which will annoy and irritate the TL/DR crowd LOL

Yes,
      threads already exist on this topic,
      officially:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...inilite-thread

And
      also:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Watanabe-love

It was actually in large part the Watanabe angle that prompted me to construct such an elaborate effort fumbling toward an origin story.

Many times I've come across people steeped in JDM world who posit as fact that Watanabe originated the 8 spoke design, like in this video that I won't embed because I get easily annoyed and irritated by most automotive related youtube content but even moreso when it's like a rapidfire linguistic machine-gun from an adderall'd teenager LOL
      But whatever.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOm0smfem-4

The printed word is great, no?

Onward to the geekout ~

In the past I've searched for the definitive answer but could not find any one authoritative exposition which encompasses the full historical arc of origin, so what I'm going to write here is like a patchwork of differing sources filtered through my personal lens of perception and as such it is just a speculative theory of how I view it all may have happened, so your view on the topic is most welcome and I'd very much be keen on a thorough discussion along with many many pix of these cool cool wheels.

The Cooper Cars book by Doug Nye has been a tremendous resource for me.
      I have only recently got it and haven't even finished reading it yet.
      His book is truly top shelf.
      Simply the best.

Anyways,
      tracing the origin of the Minilite inevitably led to the witnessing of birth to the alloy wheel itself.

The innovative American racecar designer Harry Miller first filed a patent in 1919 for his design of a revolutionary wheel which utilized aluminum alloy.

Here is his patent drawing:

But the H.A. Miller wheels never went past the design phase and were never actually made.

It was Ettore Bugatti who succeeded in producing them first, in 1924 --- casting aluminum brake drums, wheel spokes, and wheels at the Bugatti foundry in Molsheim France, using molds he had developed himself, and which were intended for fitment to the Type 35 which could be said to be the most famous racecar of all time.

Note that the Bugatti wheel design very closely echoes Miller's earlier design, but instead of six spokes it was eight.

Those wheels were 19" and incorporated integrated brake drums to help facilitate quicker pit stops.

Now,
      this is where we visit Charles Cooper when he ran a small garage in Surbiton and who happened to maintain the various cars of famous local racer Kaye Don.

Kaye Don was so impressed with Charlie's spanner turning mechanic abilities that he was made crew chief for his racing team, and when Don-the-Brooklands-ace decided to get himself a Bugatti Type 54 in the early 1930's, Charlie Cooper was sent off to the Molsheim factory to build up the 4.9 liter straight-eight French racecar, as well as to learn all about it while he was there. This was somewhat common practice back in those days and even later at the Cooper Works garage they allowed favored customers' mechanics to assemble their cars on premises.

I would think that Charlie learned and picked up quite a bit with his time spent at the Bugatti factory.

Due to the high monetary value of early Bugatti cars there is a tremendous amount of research spent on them, and thanks to that we can see the actual car that Charles Cooper built up and worked on, it is chassis number *54203* with a stated build date of 1932.

Period photographs:

John Cooper grew up immersed in a wonderful world of hardcore motorsport and from a very young age was bitten by the bug, tinkering and building "specials" was in his blood.

By the time of 1946, John was getting serious with his intention, to move beyond hobbyist level and into full-fledged production mode.

The burgeoning 500cc movement gave him the opportunity.

As in America, the post-war years in England saw many servicemen returned home who had a bit of a thrillseeking bent, men mad about motors and modding them beyond belief, forming clubs for fun like rumbling the ton.

In England in 1945 there was an official 500cc class formed and it grew to be quite popular because entry to the field was much more within reach to the workingman, so it was like a poor-man's racing formula, as opposed to the upper echelons of racing which had always been a playground of the wealthy playboy.

The 500cc car that John Cooper developed proved to be an excellent design,
      it is now known as the Mark I.

Here is some incredible vintage footage of silent film from 1946 showing him testing it on public roads!!!

If you watched the film you may have noticed that the wheels are quite plain and have not a small sliver of anything even remotely related to the look of Minilites, this is because the car was built up using bits from a Fiat Topolino which crucially had an independent suspension, so it was only natural to use the wheels as well. John had acquired the Topolino from a broker down the street from the garage for cheap money because it had been crashed in the rear and was an insurance write-off.

Here's what a 1946 Topolino, which means "little mouse" in Italian, looked like:

Please bear with me reader, although it may seem this may be veering off topic, I feel it is a necessary part of the story to understand the overall evolution.

The Cooper Mark I proved successful and generated much enthusiastic interest, but there was no way that Cooper could source an infinite supply of wrecked Topolinos to build them from, so in 1948 the Cooper Car Company was born and incorporated to make an updated version which was to be produced in-house.

It was then that with the new 500cc car that a newly designed wheel also came along. Not quite a Minilite but did have an eight spoke element.

The design is credited to Charles Cooper's nephew Colin Darby.

John Cooper wrote:
      "My cousin Colin Darby was a draughtsman for a firm called Celestion, who made loudspeakers in Kingston. One evening we got together and discussed supply problems with wheels. We wanted a 15" of our own which would be stronger and lighter than the old Fiat type which we just couldn't find anymore. So with Colin we designed our own, including integral brake drums like Bugatti prewar, and patented them and had them cast in aluminium by a foundry in Croydon, I think."

The wheels were made of cast Elektron which was a trade-name for a type of magnesium alloy.

This pic shows them well, with Charles standing and John in car.

Some action shots:

Now,
      we can get past the germinal stages and get to the point where the Minilite proper is fully realized.

The year is 1956.

The car is the Mark II T39 "bobtail",
      truly beautiful:
      https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-sports-racer/

The new wheel was designed by the famously eccentric Cooper designer Owen Maddock,
      nicknamed "the beard".

His mercurial temperament and volatile temper sometimes grated against his employers' nerves. Once, when a potential new recruit arrived for a job interview, Charles Cooper asked his secretary whether he had a beard. On being told that he did, Cooper told her to "Send 'im home. I've got enough trouble with the one I've got!".

It was his design that gave us the "banana spoke" as we know it.

So here we are,
      ultimately at
      MINILITE.

The brand name Minilite magnesium wheels came into existence some time between 1962-1964.

Trade mark number 1415893, MINILITE, is registered in Class 12 in respect of “Lightweight eight spoke magnesium wheels, all for motorcars; lightweight magnesium or aluminium wheels for motorcars.”

They were made by a company called Tech-Del Limited which was formed by Derek Power who was an atomic physicist.

:

The original Minilites came packaged as a full set in a barrel box,
      just too damn cool.

Here's John Cooper in a Mini sporting the de rigueur wheels:

Now,
      please post up good pictures of cars fitted with this type of iconic wheel!!!

Stone cold classics.

Almost any car looks good with them, even more modern stuff,
      like this Fiesta:

Last edited by stiggy-pug; 03-20-2020 at 06:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      03-20-2020 08:09 PM #2
      I have "Minilifes" on my Mini

Vehicles
      '73 Camaro Z/28, '86 3.2 Carrera, '15 Touareg TDI & '05 LGT Wagon
      03-20-2020 08:24 PM #3
      Team III Minilite reps on my pro touring build

18x12 in the rear, 18x9.5 front

1986 3.2 Carrera Mini-build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-build-thread/
      1973 Pro-Touring Camaro build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...8-build-thread

Vehicles
      1971 Austin Mini. 2002 Subaru Legacy GT
      03-20-2020 08:25 PM #4

I'm partial to this style wheel. My Mini with some custom painted deep Minilites.

Before I altered them.

Vehicles
      "18 Macan S, '14 Boxster
      03-20-2020 08:35 PM #5
      Nice post there chap, thanks!

Love Minilites, waiting for good pics!
      Keep right except to pass!

Vehicles
      2003 TTq, 2005 Outback 2.0XT, 2019 Renegade 1.3T, 2000 Monster 750
      03-20-2020 09:11 PM #6
      Glorious, glorious stuff right here, damn fine thread for being stuck at home

Vehicles
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      03-20-2020 09:33 PM #7
      What a great read, thank you!
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

9. 03-20-2020 11:57 PM #8

O K !

GO

MAMA MIA!

Off to a great start we are!

A pair of trueblue Mini Coopers and a badass Camaro from the glory days Trans-Am era.

Good stuff.

I've always loved Trans-Am.

And I've always loved the original Mini too, an actual dream car of mine, and right off the bat 2 very fine specimens pop in --- Mike, damn man, yours looks like it just rolled off the assembly line, squeaky clean + classic Monte Carlo red w/ white roof = maximum supercool!

And Aaron my goodgod I love what you've done --- sportpack look and the color combo just bowls me over, I totally dig the black bonnet and how it fits so perfectly along with the arches, plus excellent choice of wheel color to make everything *pop*, and speaking of color I've always been partial to that tone of green like avocado mist somethinglike - is that a factory color and if so, what is it called?

btw
      I visited your blog and on your first post you wrote: "One thing is for certain, it's going to be a proper Austin Mini when it's done."
      Mission accomplished.
      Totally jealous here.

In that same post you posted an image of a Mini wearing some Revolution 4 spokes:

So I'll add a small footnote regarding how those came on the scene because they are somewhat related to the topic at hand --- designer Owen Maddock left Cooper around 1964 and went on to design hovercraft, but he still did freelance motorsport related work, and in 1965 he was commissioned by Bruce McLaren for certain design elements concerning the M1B being made by his newly formed company, and Maddock contributed a revolutionary four spoke design that was very stiff, light and strong, which directly influenced the aptly named Revolution Wheels to offer their take on it, which similar to Minilite, also became an iconic wheel to be wedded with the Mini Cooper.

10. 03-21-2020 02:30 PM #9

Pictures of rims all by themselves are welcomed too!

Above pic is a vintage Enkei Compe 8.

And,
      advertisements are very cool to see too!

Random car pix found online ditto ditto.

Compe 8's fitted on these two:

Some lucky bastard found a vintage set of Compe 8's at the boneyard,
      what a great find!

This t-shirt tho.

I need one.

Vehicles
      '13 Volt, '20 Bolt, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      03-21-2020 03:09 PM #10

"Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Cayman | 2019 R | 2015 Golf
      03-21-2020 03:41 PM #11
      Sorry to echo the Miata on Panasports but these has always been one of my favourite setups. I remember when Mazda showed this car falling instantly in love with it. It's what I consider to be th perfect Miata spec, I've thought many times of trying to recreate this but life has always taken me in different automotive directions.

Throwing in an AE86 on Panasports, cause it's awesome. There used to pics out there of a red coupe AE86 on Panasports but I couldn't find it after a quick google. This is the best I could come up with.

Cheers to one of the all time great wheel designs!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Acura TSX
      03-21-2020 06:16 PM #12
      OP, excellent thread and great research!

So wait, were the original Minilites made of magnesium?

Or was 'mag'used just because the typical aluminum alloys used for casting include a wee bit of magnesium, along with manganese, iron, silicon, copper, etc?

14. 03-21-2020 07:47 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post

So wait, were the original Minilites made of magnesium?

Or was 'mag'used just because the typical aluminum alloys used for casting include a wee bit of magnesium, along with manganese, iron, silicon, copper, etc?
      I've read that Elektron C was used,
      which if I'm reading this right:

aluminium = 7.5-9.5%
      manganese= 0.15 min%
      zinc = 0.3-1.5%
      magnesium = rest of balance

The pictures I've seen of unrestored older Minilites always have a certain look to them,
      sort of grungy:

Here's a court case record that offers up some interesting info:

https://casetext.com/case/hank-thorp-inc-v-minilite-inc

Tech Del had a substantial capital investment at that time in dies for the MINILITE sport wheel but was experiencing grave manufacturing problems and had not been able to get the wheel on the market. This situation and problems with other product lines had left Tech Del with financial problems.

The die for the high pressure magnesium sport wheel was ready in 1969. However, when the die did not work properly, Tech Del changed its plans and decided to manufacture high pressure aluminum sport wheels for street use. Several thousand high pressure aluminum sport wheels were produced in 1971 and 1972. When the high pressure sport wheels also had production problems, Tech Del switched to low pressure aluminum sport wheels for street use in 1973.

Vehicles
      '73 Camaro Z/28, '86 3.2 Carrera, '15 Touareg TDI & '05 LGT Wagon
      03-21-2020 08:59 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by stiggy-pug View Post
      I've read that Elektron C was used,
      which if I'm reading this right:

aluminium = 7.5-9.5%
      manganese= 0.15 min%
      zinc = 0.3-1.5%
      magnesium = rest of balance

The pictures I've seen of unrestored older Minilites always have a certain look to them,
      sort of grungy:

Here's a court case record that offers up some interesting info:

https://casetext.com/case/hank-thorp-inc-v-minilite-inc

Yup, this is all correct. Here is an article from BAT talking about a bit of the history. There is a five page original ad from Minilite, circa 1966, that discusses the material and why they chose it. And that pic shows exactly what happens to magnesium as it oxidizes with age.

https://bringatrailer.com/2019/02/07...any-imitators/
      Last edited by 91gti20v; 03-21-2020 at 09:01 PM.
      1986 3.2 Carrera Mini-build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-build-thread/
      1973 Pro-Touring Camaro build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...8-build-thread

16. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-21-2020 11:00 PM #15
      EMPI 8 spoke wheels are very similar, though I don’t think they’re as good looking as Minilite, Watanabe, Carroll Shelby or any of the other Minilite style wheels.

You can see how the spokes protrude further towards the center and that’s where the biggest difference is, looks-wise. It’s also why I find the Minilites and their ilk superior looking.

The 5 spoke, which looks considerably different (and better in my opinion) fits my car.

A friend had a set of Carroll Shelbys on his Triumph TR8 and they looked great. If memory serves they were pretty light, too. That’s always a good thing.

It looked very similar to this, though these are larger diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Slow Honda Insight
      03-21-2020 11:32 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by 91gti20v View Post
      Team III Minilite reps on my pro touring build

18x12 in the rear, 18x9.5 front

Impressed
      2006 Slow Honda Insight runabout
      2005 Lava Orange MazdaSpeed Miata Ours
      2013 Prius V Hers
      2007 Jeep GC CDI Ours
      2002 Ram Cummins Ours

18. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      all the diesels, and an mg
      03-22-2020 02:36 AM #17
      in for more pics

so much good stuff in here

Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE,2008 3.2 TT(sold) ,1992 16V GTI(sold),2010 A3 TDI(sold)
      03-22-2020 08:15 AM #18
      The icon style wheel on my 67 S

20. 03-22-2020 11:20 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      EMPI 8 spoke wheels are very similar, though I don’t think they’re as good looking as Minilite, Watanabe, Carroll Shelby or any of the other Minilite style wheels.

You can see how the spokes protrude further towards the center and that’s where the biggest difference is, looks-wise. It’s also why I find the Minilites and their ilk superior looking.
      I'd have to agree with your aesthetic critique regarding how the spokes continue further on the hub, and your mention of the 5 spoke clicked my neurons on classic Torq-Thrust which prompted me to investigate a little on origin story...

...although Torq-Thrust isn't technically a Minilite replica, it is most definitely in the same family I'd say.

They were introduced in 1963.

ARE also made an 8 spoke called the Silverstone, it was most definitely a Minilite replica.

I couldn't find any solid info on intro date for the ARE Silverstone, but did find one claim that it was 1962 and if that's indeed true then they either pre-dated Minilite or came shortly after, regardless, in both cases the companies involved were making their version of the Cooper motorsport wheel.

This ad is from 1965:

The 1962 date for ARE 8 spokes came from a Triumph enthusiast.

The author also provided a cool pdf of a 1964 edition of the Triumph Sports Owners Assoc. newsletter:

http://www.shell-4000-rally.org/4000.../1964_TSOA.pdf

It is interesting to read the story about the wheels.

And of course, looking at those you can't help but notice how similar they are to the famous EMPI 8 spokes,
      so it appears to me that EMPI used the ARE design as a template for theirs,
      similar how today we have...

Konig Rewind = Watanabe
      Rota RB = Panasport

...slight differences enough to notice,
      equating to variants of variants,
      but in essence,
      MINILITE.

I had more luck with exact dating of the EMPI wheel thanks to this excellent resource:

https://www.oldspeed.net/catalogue_empi.htm

Looks like they were intro'd in 1970 (1969 catalog was missing so it could have possibly been then?) and were named GT Spyder:

Last edited by stiggy-pug; 03-22-2020 at 11:27 AM.

21. 03-22-2020 11:22 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by 91gti20v View Post
      Yup, this is all correct. Here is an article from BAT talking about a bit of the history. There is a five page original ad from Minilite, circa 1966, that discusses the material and why they chose it. And that pic shows exactly what happens to magnesium as it oxidizes with age.

https://bringatrailer.com/2019/02/07...any-imitators/
      Thanks!

The BaTlink is excellent.

And that brochure is highly informative.

22. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      03-22-2020 12:12 PM #21
      This was a fantastic thread to read through on Sunday morning, thanks for that. I’ve always loved this style of wheel.

this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

23. 03-22-2020 01:15 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This was a fantastic thread to read through on Sunday morning, thanks for that. I’ve always loved this style of wheel.

Cheers!

Thanks for posting the 914 --- it prompts me to segue into a rather controversial entry into the Minilite sweepstakes...

...which lack bananas and instead have that funky angular cubist ethos embodied by designs most prominently known from the likes of Cromodora.

They were made by Campagnolo,
      model no. 40802.

Originally designed for the De Tomaso Mangusta.

But available as aftermarket wheels as well like the old FAZA ad indicates.

Very popular in the Posrche community thanks to a replica made by Group 4.

#group4wheels on instagram is loaded with super-sweet eye-candy.

The Campy 40802's were actually used back in the day too,
      so they carry the weight of historical accuracy.

Couldn't find too many period photos of them fitted,
      but here's a good shot of an RSR winning its class in the 1973 Targa Florio,
      driven by Count Girolamo Capra -

The history of that RSR is well documented:
      https://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911r...r_sn9113601134

And since RSR,
      I've always loved the R&T specification sheets and can't pass oppo to post one up,
      I mean look at these specs!

Last edited by stiggy-pug; 03-22-2020 at 01:22 PM.

24. 03-22-2020 01:39 PM #23
      Excellent post - great content - this is why I stick around at TCL

I always enjoy Minilites/Watanabe/Panasports on cars with rounded features They were the original RPF1.

25. 03-22-2020 07:19 PM #24
      Got a wild hair and decided to compile a list of Bring-A-Trailer cars.

BaT has become a tremendous resource --- both for seeing some really rare birds, often with comprehensive photographs showing intricate details, and for learning the involved automotive esoterica because the comments section is always on fire.

The task of compiling a list of cars shod with minilite-style wheels is overwhelming because there has been a huge amount sold on BaT,
      so I just concentrated on the oddballs and picked a few out.

:

Bring-A-Trailer

~ a short sweet minilite survey ~

:

1969 Volvo 142S

Listed as "Panasport-style".

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-volvo-142-4/

:

1964 Volvo 122S

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-volvo-122s/

Listed as Panasport-style 15×6 VTO Classic-8 wheels with locking lug nuts --- the listing writer delivers an accurate description here, very good.

:

1980 Saab 900 Turbo

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-saab-900/

Listed as genuine Minilite, and indeed they are. In fact they gotta be rare AF because I've never seen any and I'm an Saabfreek through&through. I've seen plenty of Shelby & Ronal minilites for Saab, but never an actual factory MINILITE!

:

1966 Lotus Cortina MkI

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-cortina-2/

Listed as genuine Minilite.

:

1971 Ford Ranchero 500

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ford-ranchero-3/

Listed as 14″ Western Minilite wheels,
      but the manufacturer actually called them Superlite and they were 10 spoke instead of 8.

:

1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rd-trans-am-2/

Listed as the car originally utilized magnesium Minilite wheels that have been replaced with aluminum versions.

:

1977 Honda Accord

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-honda-accord/

Listed as "Minilite-style wheels", this recurrent generic description on BaT irks me because I think the actual brand maker is very important information --- but it's confirmed in the comments that the wheels are actually Enkei Compe 8's.

:

1987 Nissan Be-1

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-nissan-be-1-3/

Listed as 12″ Minilite-style wheels, another generic and didn't feel like scrolling comments to see if they had been identified.

:

1960 TVR Grantura II

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-tvr-grantura/

Listed as "Minilite-style knock-off wheels", ditto generic and didn't scan commentary looking for an answer.

:

1969 Sunbeam Imp Race Car

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-sunbeam-imp

Listed as "replica 13″ Minilite wheels".

:

1969 Marcos 3 Litre GT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-marcos-gt/

Listed as "Minilite-style wheels".

:

1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-x-gt-r-clone/

Listed as "staggered RS Watanabe alloys".

:

1972 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-2000-gt-gc10/

Listed as 15″ RS Watanabe wheels, measuring 8 and 10.5″ in width.

:

1968 Toyota Publica Deluxe

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ublica-deluxe/

Listed as 13″ Watanabe RS8 wheels are installed and give the car an appropriately JDM vibe.

:

1975 BMW 2002 Turbo

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-bmw-2002-turbo/

Listed as 15″ Japanese-market Watanabes.

:

1977 Lancia Beta Scorpion

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-lancia-scorpion/

Listed as 15″ Panasport wheels.

:

1983 Pininfarina Azzurra Spider

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...r-pininfarina/

Listed as 15×7.5″ Panasport-style alloy wheels.

:

1983 Renault R5 Turbo 2

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-renault-turbo-2/

Listed as Staggered width 15″ and 16″ G7 Panasports with dark grey centers look good with no apparent curb rash.

:

1971 Datsun 510 Station Wagon

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...station-wagon/

Listed as "Panasport wheels".

:

1971 Volkswagen Beetle

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...agen-beetle-3/

Listed as "Enkei Compe wheels".

:

1964 Ginetta G4 Roadster

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...a-g4-roadster/

Listed as "VTO wheels".

:

1968 Chevrolet Corvette Greenwood Tribute Race Car

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-corvette-9-2/

Listed as 16″ three-piece Panasport racing wheels measure 12″ in width up front and 14″ out back.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      **** box
      03-22-2020 10:38 PM #25
      Since you said just wheel pics are okay! Here are my r-types that I bought recewntly. Wanted a set for over 10 years so stoked to finally have a set. Haven't had a chance to put them on but got tires and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mellbergVWfan View Post
      You're not a real Palo Alto resident unless you have a Hybrid and a German Car in your Driveway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast