VWVortex.com - Financial experts - Question for you regarding my VW Tiguan deal! R-Line Black Edition
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Financial experts - Question for you regarding my VW Tiguan deal! R-Line Black Edition

03-24-2020 01:05 PM #1
      Hello,

Just purchased a 2020 Tiguan R-Line Black Edition with 72 months no interest and 180 days no payments. What are the benefits of waiting 6 months to start my payment and what are the benefits of starting paying right away?
      2010 Volkswagen CC - Replaced with 2013 DSG Transmission - DSG Tune by Malone Tuning
      APR Stage II stuff, APR Intercooler, APR Boost Tap, SPULEN Throttle Body Pipe, SPULEN Turbo Outlet Pipe. TyrolSport Deadset Kit, REV D Diverter and much more.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2018 VW Tiguan SE
      03-24-2020 01:14 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post
      Hello,

Just purchased a 2020 Tiguan R-Line Black Edition with 72 months no interest and 180 days no payments. What are the benefits of waiting 6 months to start my payment and what are the benefits of starting paying right away?
      72 months at 0% interest sounds great - as long as it is completely paid off within that 72 months. The 180 days of no payments is meaningless *IF* you do pay it off within the 72 month period, but I suspect that some serious interest kicks in after 72 months. 180 days is essentially 6 months, so I guess the real question is can you afford to completely pay it off in 64 months, or would you rather spread it out to 72 payments? At zero percent interest, there is really no good reason to pay it off before 72 months.

Have Fun!

Don
      2009 Jetta SportWagen TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten)
      2018 VW Tiguan SE - Pure White with NO sunroof (I live in the desert), but I did get fog lights.

03-24-2020 01:33 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
      72 months at 0% interest sounds great - as long as it is completely paid off within that 72 months. The 180 days of no payments is meaningless *IF* you do pay it off within the 72 month period, but I suspect that some serious interest kicks in after 72 months. 180 days is essentially 6 months, so I guess the real question is can you afford to completely pay it off in 64 months, or would you rather spread it out to 72 payments? At zero percent interest, there is really no good reason to pay it off before 72 months.

Have Fun!

Don
      Awesome thanks. Yeah I was uncertain if it made a difference. The sales going on pretty heavily here in Colorado. Not sure if it's nationwide, but the virus is making cars hard to sell I'm sure.
      2010 Volkswagen CC - Replaced with 2013 DSG Transmission - DSG Tune by Malone Tuning
      APR Stage II stuff, APR Intercooler, APR Boost Tap, SPULEN Throttle Body Pipe, SPULEN Turbo Outlet Pipe. TyrolSport Deadset Kit, REV D Diverter and much more.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2020 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      03-24-2020 06:26 PM #4
      My neighbor across the street went in today because he has been itching to trade his Passat for a Tiguan and got the same dea!. He can't get it until Thursday because the admin and prep staff aren't in until then. He's getting the co!or I wanted but weren't any available in the area at that time.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      03-24-2020 06:32 PM #5
      On a 0% loan no real reason to pay any earlier than asked, so take advantage of the 180 days no payments. As long as you have GAP coverage anyway.

03-26-2020 07:47 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Tig20ne View Post
      My neighbor across the street went in today because he has been itching to trade his Passat for a Tiguan and got the same dea!. He can't get it until Thursday because the admin and prep staff aren't in until then. He's getting the co!or I wanted but weren't any available in the area at that time.
      Nice, yeah I’m pretty happy with it. I think he will be too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03-27-2020 06:29 AM #7

Have Fun!

Don
      It's a 78 month loan, with 180 days deferred (right off the bat), and 72 monthly payments

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2020 VW Tiguan SEL w/ 4Motion
      03-27-2020 01:53 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      It's a 78 month loan, with 180 days deferred (right off the bat), and 72 monthly payments
      I did 0.9% for 48 mos when I got my Passat. When VW did a collateral swap because of engine issues, I went to a Tiguan SEL 4MO and kept my loan. If I have to buy again, I would rather have higher payments for a shorter time than lower payments at a longer interval. (if I'm buying new that is)

Vehicles
      2018 VW Tiguan SE
      03-27-2020 06:04 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      That's a great deal...but...be sure you have good gap insurance because it is going to be quite a while before you are not "under water" with this loan. Depreciation sucks with a loan like this. Also consider how long you intend to own this particular car. In other words, you will still have 3.5 years of payments after your warranty is done. Anyway, like I said, 78 months interest free sounds great, but you do have to consider all of the other ramifications of stretching a new car loan out that far. There is no perfect way to finance a new car purchase.

Have Fun!

Don
      2018 VW Tiguan SE - Pure White with NO sunroof (I live in the desert), but I did get fog lights.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 6Speed MT, 2019 Tiguan SEL
      03-27-2020 11:29 PM #10
      Wait wait wait. Everyone is saying 0% APR for months is a great deal but no one is saying how much are they actually financing.
      Just a wild example to make point, If you finance $50k for a Tiguan at 0%APR for 72months thats still a horrible deal.
      Last edited by OEMplusCC; 03-27-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Vehicles
      2018 VW Tiguan SE
      03-28-2020 12:06 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by OEMplusCC View Post
      Wait wait wait. Everyone is saying 0% APR for months is a great deal but no one is saying how much are they actually financing.
      Just a wild example to make point, If you finance $50k for a Tiguan at 0%APR for 72months thats still a horrible deal.
      Very true. A great deal on financing is useless if you got a bad deal on the car. You should always negotiate the purchase price of the car before you even mention how (or if) you intend to finance it.

Have Fun!

Don

03-28-2020 06:52 AM #12
      That's a great deal...but...be sure you have good gap insurance because it is going to be quite a while before you are not "under water" with this loan. Depreciation sucks with a loan like this. Also consider how long you intend to own this particular car. In other words, you will still have 3.5 years of payments after your warranty is done. Anyway, like I said, 78 months interest free sounds great, but you do have to consider all of the other ramifications of stretching a new car loan out that far. There is no perfect way to finance a new car purchase.

Have Fun!

Don
      VERY TRUE!
      Quote Originally Posted by OEMplusCC View Post
      There's no Tiguan for $50k though, is there?
      But yeah...you need a good chunk off AND the 0% to be a killer deal here

Very true. A great deal on financing is useless if you got a bad deal on the car. You should always negotiate the purchase price of the car before you even mention how (or if) you intend to finance it.

Have Fun!

Don
      BINGO!