VWVortex.com - 2010 GTI timing
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2010 GTI timing

1. 03-26-2020 06:23 PM #1
      Ok so I’m new here. I’ve been an Audi guy. Wife bought a 2010 GTI it has 86k on it. Has APR stage 1 tune came with it. Problem is I have no records of timing job because it was a trade in with no info. I have gotten few quotes and what not one company in particular I was interested in because the have quite a vw gti owners work for them but I have a quote and would like you guys to let me know what you think. There not my cheapest option but cheaper is always best lol. Thanks again in advance
      https://imgur.com/a/Q23Zibe

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R 6MT, '15 Touareg Exec TDI, 2011 GTI DSG
      03-26-2020 08:59 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Rmr1499 View Post
      Ok so I’m new here. I’ve been an Audi guy. Wife bought a 2010 GTI it has 86k on it. Has APR stage 1 tune came with it. Problem is I have no records of timing job because it was a trade in with no info. I have gotten few quotes and what not one company in particular I was interested in because the have quite a vw gti owners work for them but I have a quote and would like you guys to let me know what you think. There not my cheapest option but cheaper is always best lol. Thanks again in advance
      https://imgur.com/a/Q23Zibe
      The timing cover can be reused again if it is carefully removed with a paint scraper to break the sealant bond. Even if it’s bent on removal it is trivial to correct it.

Cam bridge is also not needed unless you are quite sure there is an issue with it. The typical problems with them are the oil screen mysteriously vacating it’s home, and cam bore run out. I’d say less than 10% of cars will need a bridge at your mileage. I am not aware the design has ever changed.

I am a tech, who owns his own Indy shop in Colorado. Bought my first VW in the 1980s, and I’ve been working on them with a passion ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Rocket88; 03-26-2020 at 09:01 PM.

4. 03-26-2020 09:21 PM #3
      Ok so basically saving $500 cause there 2 expensive items. And would this be the proper time to do the valve cover/girrdle gasket cause it is leaking? And I appreciate your feedback. I’m use to just working on my 1.8t b5 never played with newer so I know she wants it right it’s her baby

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R 6MT, '15 Touareg Exec TDI, 2011 GTI DSG
      03-27-2020 09:17 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Rmr1499 View Post
      Ok so basically saving $500 cause there 2 expensive items. And would this be the proper time to do the valve cover/girrdle gasket cause it is leaking? And I appreciate your feedback. I’m use to just working on my 1.8t b5 never played with newer so I know she wants it right it’s her baby
      There is no valve cover gasket per se, it’s an anaerobic sealing compound. It would be the appropriate time to do it, as well as the gasket between the head and high pressure fuel pump if it looks dodgy as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk